ALL >> Business >> View Article
Dental Exams & Cleanings
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Make an appointment today…..we’ll give you a reason to smile!
Business Articles1. Printing Inks Marketglobal Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market Fo
2. Foldable Display Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
3. Adipic Acid Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market
Author: Akash DADHICH
4. How To Enhance Your Business Communication By Doing Less
Author: John Rufus
5. Soccer And Heel Pain In Children
6. Keep On Moving With Advanced Podiatry
7. Fungal Nails Laser
8. Barrier Packaging Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
9. Common Dog Vaccinations You Must Know About
Author: Reshma Mane
10. Automotive Wiring Harness Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities,
11. Tips To Save Money On A New Office Fitout
Author: David Vincent
12. Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Grow
13. Importance Of Database In Different Corporate Industries
Author: Best DataProvider
14. Understand Real Advantage Of Using Bearing For Industry
15. Actinic Keratosis Treatment Marketglobal Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities