ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Dubai's Masterpiece-la Perle Dragone
Total Articles: 75
Nestled between The W and Westin hotels in Dubai’s Al Habtoor’s city is La Perle Dragones. Behind this awe inspiring piece of work is none other than Franco Dragone who was formerly a director of Circue de Soleil.
Like Dragone himself, when you ask him to produce a show, you shouldn’t expect less. He takes his art work a notch higher and this is no different with the 10 storey building that showcases his exemplary skill.
Just a warning though, this is not your typical kind of a theatre just wonder what the theater and you too has an opportunity to head there buying your ticket online and not only that, but also at a best price guarantee . Good news is, it’s only a click away on itickets.ae
Without further ado, here’s everything you need to know about the theatre prior to your visit.
A Breathtaking Show
The 90 minute show is presented in Circue du Soleil-style extravaganza featuring acrobats, divers (important to note-the stage has swimming pools), motorbikes and so much more. The show is pretty much about stunts and incredible amazing props that will leave you breathless.
Prepare to gasp severally and most definitely clap at the fetes the athletes will be performing on stage. From a personal point of view, I’d say the show is more of a conceptual piece rather than a narrative.
● The show happens twice a day-five days of the week as follows:
-Tuesdays through to Fridays between 7pm-9:30pm
● It’s absolutely allowed to take photos during the show just remember not to use the flash
The Set Up
The theater has 14 rows and the show is quite aerial in nature. This means, regardless of your sitting spot, you’ll still be able to enjoy the show including for those at the far back.
● The theater comprise of 14 rows
● In the gold section, rows A, B and C are in front and centre. If you’re seeking a prime seat, these are highly recommended
● Seats 1-10 in rows K, L and M have better viewpoints than seats 11-23. We’d recommend being as close to the centre as possible
● Regardless of where you opt to sit though-at the front or nearer the back, it really depends on the kind of experience you’re seeking. At the front however, the experience is more immersive as you can actually feel the water, feel the snow and ofcourse the acrobats as they will be flying very close to you.
● Upon arrival, you’re welcomed by a pool surrounded by a huge circular gigantic metal that holds colorful stones
● A silver machinery on the edge of the stage resembling a half set up drum kit that is actually a robot and performs part of the show
The theatre has valet parking, which however has a downside to it-you might have to wait longer to get the service. So, we’d recommend parking in the RTA parking that’s just underneath Sheikh Zayed Road. Not many still know about this parking, but now you know.
● Getting to RTA can be tricky and you must be smart to avoid the traffic, exit Sheikh Zayed Rd towards Safa Park and Al Wasl Rd. This means, if you happen to be driving towards Dubai on Sheikh Zayed Rd, take exit 47 and drive as if you’re heading towards Jumeirah. Soon as you get off from the flyover on Sheikh Zayed Rd, take the right turn that reads ‘Dubai Water Canal’-That should lead you to the RTA parking more conveniently
Lucky enough, Business Bay Metro Station is close enough to La Perle theatre all thanks to a pedestrians walkway on Sheikh Zayed Rd bridge.
● If catching a cab straight after the show, walk around and flag it at St.Regis or the Westin (it’ll be less of a wait)
Finally, what you’ve all been waiting for! Besides what’s a great show without some tasty snacks;)
As you go up the escalators to the theatre, you’ll notice a cinema style snacks counter with popcorn, shawarma, candy, sodastream drinks and just so much more.
● If you want popcorn, make sure to head to the counter at least 15 minutes prior to the show to avoid long queues
● If you prefer a meal pre/post a show, there are some licensed restaurants and bars at the atrium just next to the theatre.
Fun Facts La Perle Dubai
● The aqua stage holds upto 2.7 million litres of water to fill an olympic stadium
● The theatre hosts upto 1,300 seats in one of a kind theatre dedicated just fo the show
● There are upto 450 heart stopping shows a year
● Upto 70 specialist technicians behind the scenes make the show the masterpiece it is
● La Perle began showing in mid 2017 with two performances every night between 7 and 9:30pm from Tuesday to Saturday
● The show runs for 90 minutes without interruptions
● The whole theatre experience is amazingly artistic with seamless bronze colored edifice that prominently protrudes on stage giving rise to a futuristic opera house interior as conceived by Gaudi
● According to La Perle’s executive producer Craig Hartenstein, the show reflects the show’s aquatic theme
● The 14 rows of seats in the theatre are designed with a 270 degree seating configuration split into gold, silver and bronze tiers
● For the gold section, it’s more on the front few rows, and it also offers bigger chairs and more generous Legroom
● For the performance and action, it’s based around the central aqua stage-resembles a luxurious spa pool
● The theatre is lit from beneath turning it into a maldives-style turquoise
● Diver’s can suddenly disappear on the only 860 metres squared stage which is incredibly amusing
● The aqua stage holds 2.7 million litres of water that’s kept at a permanent 31.6 degrees
● The show boasts impressive aerial and aquatic acrobatics and the cast and crew can actually enter from above and underground
● Part of the theatre can collapse and transform it into a 25 metre drawbridge (weighing upto 60 tonnes) that reaches out to stage.
● The theatre has a state of the art draining system which transforms the theatre from wet to dry in just a matter of seconds.
This is achieved by gigantic holding tanks from where it’s recycled.
La Perle Dubai is here to showcase Dubai as a laboratory for the future where people from various cultures unite to create something spectacular. It’s simply an absolute addition to Dubai’s cultural landscape and a must experience. Grab your La Perle Dubai tickets and let’s head over to the theatre for a magical, memorable experience.
Dalphine Wanjiru is an adept content author with over six years writing expertise. Presently she’s a content marketer at itickets.ae. I’m an avid traveller and while not writing, I enjoy exploring new activities and interesting destinations across the globe.
iTickets.ae is a trading name of Arabia Horizons Tours LLC, a leading & well Known Tour Operator in Dubai, who have been providing hotel accommodation and activities since 2006. We offer a selection of activities and hotels in every city in the United Arab Emirates. In addition to booking hotels, we also book activities & attractions, theme parks, group tours, suggest best itineraries and help you plan the perfect holiday or vacation all over the United Arab Emirates. All enquiries, are dealt by our well trained staff based in Dubai who can add an extra dimension to the booking process by suggesting alternatives, pointing out latest openings, like little hidden gem's that no one else knows about. We are the experts; we have been booking activities & attractions for years, we know how to get you the maximum value and enjoyment out of your trip to the United Arab Emirates. Notable, transactions on iTickets website are conducted through a secure browser that's protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-a highly secured state of the art software for secure online commerce business and industry's standard and best software available in the market today for secure online transactions.
Travel Articles1. Avail Al Falasi Airport Transfer Dubai Services For Comfortable Travel Experience
Author: Avail Al Falasi
2. To Apply For A Tourist Australian Visa For Filipinos - Australia Visa
Author: priya singh
3. Must To Do Water Activities For Couples Visiting Goa
Author: Unknown Member
4. Make The Most Of Your Time In Hollywood With This Inspiring Travel Guide
Author: Deepak Nangla
5. Here Is Everything You Need To Know About One Of The Adventurous Activities In Goa
Author: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About One Of T
6. Time To Say Goodbye To Two Bags For Your Yoga Session
Author: Jennifer Quinn
7. Know Everything About The Adventurous Scuba Diving In Goa
Author: Know Everything About The Adventurous Scuba Diving
8. Romantic Things To Do In Europe
Author: Maaz Aga
9. Why A Memorable Trekking Tour Can Have A Lifelong Relishing Experience
Author: Christian Sheean
10. Try Out These Unbeatable Things To Do At The Popular Beaches Of Goa
Author: Try Out These Unbeatable Things To Do At The Popul
11. 5 Things To Consider While Booking A Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
12. Reach The End Of Your Lifetime Reverie While Being Exposed To Yacht Rental Dubai
Author: neptuneyachts dubai
13. Chennai To Shirdi Flight Pakcage
Author: Sri Sairam Subhayatra
14. Short Trek And Hike Near Kathmandu
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
15. Roatan Island Tours – Discover The Beautiful Caribbean In Your Next Trip
Author: jeffrie johnson