ALL >> General >> View Article
Hack To Fix The Webroot Antivirus Software Error That Labeled Windows Files As Malware
Webroot has earned immense name and popularity across the world by designing and creating pure class security applications. But as you know all days cannot be same, similarly, all applications may not be same or have few issues. The same thing happened with the Webroot security program. Its program was showing an unusual technical error that labeled few Microsoft Windows files as malware. As soon as Webroot came to know about it, it created a hack to counter this error which is available to fix the issue.
To provide a streamlined fix for its business customers, “Webroot has issued a standalone repair utility which was in addition to the manual fix.
After investing a lot of time and efforts, Webroot came up with the repair that you may implement to safeguard your device and prevent the occurrence of same error and issue in future.
After scanning various cases, it was found that the popular security software encounter issue while pushing out an update that incorrectly identified certain non-Windows files and Windows system files as malware. The update was live there for some time before the company came to know and realized that there is something that went wrong.
Webroot’s software started to quarantine legitimate files because of which few of the software programs stopped working. After a while, the company provided a multiple-step fix that asks the users to search out the files and remove them from quarantine. Later on, the update given by the company was a repair tool that automates the process for helping business customers. To get access to the repair tool, business users, need to reach out to Webroot.
By a company whose product is ranked among one of the best security software, it was a major error by the security company that is known for providing great antivirus protection. Webroot’s global users took different ways to complain about it and the headaches of their cleanup jobs. Most of them took social platforms to complaint and joke about it.
Consumers who are using Webroot’s Secure Anywhere software and going through the same sort of issue, they need to follow the steps listed below in order fix the issue:
1. At the bottom of your screen, double-click the W icon to open Webroot.
2. Select the option “Scan My Computer”.
3. Once the scan gets completed, next to PC Security, there is the cog icon on the Webroot home screen, click on it.
4. Click the “Quarantine” tab. Find out every file with the time stamp between 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. MT from April 24, 2017.
5. On the left side of each file that you identified in the earlier step, click the check box.
6. Click “Restore”.
7. Choose “Yes,” when prompted, “If you’re sure you want to roll back the selected entries…”
8. The last step may take several minutes so wait until it gets complete. When it is completed, rescan in order to make sure that the issue is resolved.
General Articles1. Mp3 Juice: Best Free Mp3 Downloads Site.
2. Reasons How Art For Kids Makes Their Life Creative
Author: Print n pack
3. Data Processing For Clinical Trials Made Easy With Edc/ Ecrf
4. The Different Forms Of Bail
5. Spine Problems? Get The Best Physiotherapy At Our Clinic
Author: Karina Rosca
6. Get Rid Of Extra Fat Effortlessly With This Fat Loss Treatment
Author: Karina Rosca
7. Here’s Why You Need To Buy Your Hand Sanitizer Wholesale
Author: Aneel Irfan
8. Protect Your Rights With Solicitors In Campbelltown
Author: Coleman Greig Lawyers
9. Develop A Venture Based Online Media Application Using The Onlyfans Clone And Witness An Ordinary Re
10. Silent Signs That Indicate Your House Have A Major Electrical Problem!
11. Tips To Use Live Polling In Presentation
12. Electric Heat Tracing Market Projected To Reach $2.5 Billion By 2025
13. Role Of Naturopathy And Yoga In Fighting Covid-19 By Yoga Temple India
Author: Rakesh Kumar
14. The Right Level Of Welding Safety For Your Workers’ Eyesight
Author: Maria Shara
15. Three Interesting Uses For An Iron Trellis
Author: Jerry Peed