ALL >> Education >> View Article
How Community-centered Experiential Learning Is Used In Mba
Community-centered experiential learning also known as community engagement or service learning is pedagogy of teaching that meaningfully brings together learning goals and community service in a manner that enhances both the growth of a student as well as common welfare of a society. This teaching practice enriches the learning experience and builds stronger bonds within communities.
According to cognitive research, community-centered learning is among the top four aspects that make for the best learning environment, the other three being: learner-centered learning, knowledge-centered learning and assessment centered learning.
Krupanidhi School Of Management(KSM), amongst the best MBA colleges in Bangalore uses all the above four independent aspects of learning into their teaching pedagogy for management students.
At KSM, there is emphasis on community-centered experiential learning as it fosters norms for peer learning, which promotes ongoing learning and feedback for improvement.
In a community, students are encouraged to be involved and active participants, and contribute constructively. As the environment is highly supportive, students don’t fear making mistakes and are able to learn better from the mistakes they make.
Community-centered learning is incorporated into a course in the form of a project that has learning as well as community oriented action goals. Such projects give management students a chance to apply the content of their courses to community based activities. This provides them with the opportunity to learn in the context of the real world while developing community engagement skills. It is indeed a significant teaching methodology.
KSM is one of the few institutes who offer MBA courses in Bangalore, with such a unique learning method. Community-centered experiential learning has benefits that apply to personal, social and career development of management students.
The learning outcomes it provides are positively affecting student’s academic learning, improving abilities of students to apply what they have learnt in the real world and develop understanding of problem-analysis, problem-solving, critical thinking and cognitive development. With respect to personal aspects, the benefits of this method of learning are the increased levels of efficacy, personal identity and greater interpersonal development that comes with the ability to work with others. On the career front, students get the chance to make connections with professionals and community members for learning and get access to better career opportunities.
Education Articles1. Benefits Of Ccna Certification For Your Networking Career
2. Should You Employ A Designer When Renovating Your Kitchen Area?
Author: Alex Arnorld
3. Why Opting For Photography Courses Is Best For Your Clicking Career?
Author: Dk Digital Tech
4. How Could You Make Coding Fun?
Author: shubham sharma
5. How To Quickly Manage High School Teachers Responsibilities
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
6. "the Best Tips To Enrich Communication Between Students, Staff And Parents "
Author: Neelima Ls
7. Best It Training Institute In Jamshedpur
Author: Best IT training institute in jamshepur
8. 10 Famous Trumpet Players
Author: Bishal Sharma
9. Reasons Why Engineering Is Important In Present Day?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
10. Which Is The Best Mca College In Mumbai? Which College Is Better For Pursuing Mca And Have Better P
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
11. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
12. The Alignment Of My Project Methodology To The Lean Process
Author: Debra Gentz
13. What Are Some Of The Best Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi?
Author: insights success
14. All You Need To Know About Scholarships For International Students In Australia
Author: Echoes Education
15. Difference Between Mbbs In Ukraine And Other Countries For Indian Students