ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Celebrating Love At The Top Burj Khalifa
Dubai holds many world records and now being officially the month of love, it’s about time we reminded you how to fall in love with yourself. Has it ever occured to you how easily we fall in love with others but us? Love others but don’t overlook yourself. One of the simplest ways you can show a little more love to yourself this special period is by indulging in new experiences both at and away from home. In Dubai and all its wonders there’s one very iconic attraction that has awed the entire planet-Burj Khalifa Tickets.
In this post, we’ll look at the beauty of the iconic Burj Khalifa and why it would make an absolute treat for yourself this valentine.
Wondering where the brilliant idea behind Burj Khalifa came from? Surprisingly, it was the idea of a respected leader-his highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Makhtoum, the vice president, prime minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai. Dubai was eager to create something so extraordinary that surpasses anything ever created by man. To make this a success, there was a need to have nothing but a vision and the most exceptional minds. Following a still competition by designers from around the globe, the honor of bringing this landmark to reality was granted to Chicago office of Skidmore, Owings & Merill LLP (SOM)with Adrian Smith FAIA, RIBA consulting design partner. The design work of the structure right from paper went through extensive reviews to ensure sustainability, safety and security. Note, the structure’s designing was well inspired by patterning of Islamic culture.
Most often than not, we don’t get to really appreciate the beauty of something until we fully understand its worth and the reason we’ll briefly discuss what really went into the construction work of the tower. By no means was this an easy task. Following intense stages of planning and designing, the construction of the tower kicked off in 2004. The construction took place for 3 years, and in May 2007 the cladding of the exterior began with the help of up to 380 highly skilled technicians and engineers.
At the start, the tower was known as Burj Dubai until its official opening in 2010. Prior to opening, the tower was renamed Burj Khalifa in honor of the ruler of Abu Dhabi and president of United Arab Emirates, Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Jaw Dropping Facts Burj Khalifa
Want to know why you should visit the magnificent structure, below are some mind blowing facts.
● The tower is the tallest building on the planet soaring at 2,716.5 ft. On top of that, it holds a world record of the tallest free-standing structure in the world. Interesting to note, the title was previously held by CN tower in Toronto; and the tallest structure title was previously held by KVLY-TV mast in Blanchard, North Dakota.
● This one is unbelievable! Burj Khalifa is unbelievably thrice the height of the globally renowned Eiffel Tower in Paris, more than 10 times the height of the beautiful Niagara Falls and nearly twice as big as Empire State Building, New York.
● Another interesting one. Burj Khalifa boasts record breaking machinery that pumped concrete to the highest point of 605 metres.
● The tower also boasts the highest number of floors in the world as well as the highest occupied floor on the planet.
● An insane amount of rebar-31,400 metric tons was used to construct the tower; and if it is laid end to end, it can cover more than a quarter way around the world.
● In a day, Burj Khalifa consumes 250,000 gallons of water, with the electricity consumed within the same period being equivalent to 360,000,100 wat bulbs all lit at a go.
● The initial concept of the building was a 90 storey tower, but later redesigned in efforts to make it an icon on the global map.
● Just how possible is it to experience two sunsets at a go? There are no impossibilities at Burj Khalifa and it’s the only spot on the globe where you can witness two sunsets in one day. At the Top, Level 124 and At the Top SKY on level 148
● At the Top, Level 148 is the highest observation deck in the world at a height of 555 meters.
● The tower hosts the tallest elevator spanning 140 levels. In total, the building has 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
● The doors of the tower are equipped with a wind tracking device that determines the safety of opening them or not. That’s really cool!
● By the end of 2014, the elevator travel distance covered to At the Top level was equal to circumnavigating the globe 8 times. It’s now 2018, do the math
● On level 122 of the tower is At.Mosphere-The world’s highest lounge bar that boasts stunning views of Dubai skyline.
● The tower has its own substation on level 155 which is also the highest in the world
● It took the hard work of 12,000 workers who spent 22 million hours to bring it to successful completion.
● How much number of doors have you met your entire life? Well Burj Khalifa boasts 17,000 doors and a uniquely designed emergency elevator in case of security threats or fire incidents
● Burj Khalifa hosts 304 hotel rooms, 900 luxurious apartments, and 2,957 parking slots
● An incredibly huge amount of glass (27,400 glass panels) was used to finish the exterior of the façade.
● The first 100 storeys of the structure were built in an incredibly short amount of time (1,093 days) That would equal to constructing one floor in just 3 days.
● At any one given time, the top floors of Burj Khalifa is 6 degrees cooler than ground floor
● The tower’s tip can be seen from as far as 95 km away making it really epic for those flying over Dubai
● The landscaped gardens of Burj Khalifa have been specially designed with a special species of trees that grow slowly and can bear the incredibly high temperatures in the city.
● Burj Khalifa has the highest aluminium and glass facade in the world.
Burj Khalifa is unbeatable as not only Dubai’s, but global’s spectacle. It has fulfilled the vision to create the impossible and has hands down earned its mark on the globe. In addition, the tower effortlessly declares the might of the Emirates, successfully symbolizes prosperity in the city of Dubai and an unbeatable emblem of the dynamic, prosperous yet exciting Middle East culture. To experience the marvel of the globe’s most exceptional architecture, book your ticket to Burj Khalifa at itickets.ae this valentines with best price guarantee
Dalphine Wanjiru is an adept content author with over six years writing expertise. Presently she’s a content marketer at itickets.ae. I’m an avid traveller and while not writing, I enjoy exploring new interesting activities and destinations around the globe.
iTickets.ae is a trading name of Arabia Horizons Tours LLC, a leading & well Known Tour Operator in Dubai, who have been providing hotel accommodation and activities since 2006. We offer a selection of activities and hotels in every city in the United Arab Emirates. In addition to booking hotels, we also book activities & attractions, theme parks, group tours, suggest best itineraries and help you plan the perfect holiday or vacation all over the United Arab Emirates. All enquiries, are dealt by our well trained staff based in Dubai who can add an extra dimension to the booking process by suggesting alternatives, pointing out latest openings, like little hidden gem's that no one else knows about. We are the experts; we have been booking activities & attractions for years, we know how to get you the maximum value and enjoyment out of your trip to the United Arab Emirates. Notable, transactions on iTickets website are conducted through a secure browser that's protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-a highly secured state of the art software for secure online commerce business and industry's standard and best software available in the market today for secure online transactions.
Travel Articles1. How To Get A Free Accommodation In A Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
2. Short And Easy Treks In Nepal For Beginners, Family And Elderly
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
3. Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Spirit Airlines Reservations
4. 10 Simple Tools To Research And Build An Effective Strategy For Your Taxi(any) Business
Author: Vignesh Tech
5. Planning A Family Friendly Holiday To Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
6. 4 Reasons To Visit Holland
7. Heathrow Airport Transfer-your Choices For Travel To Airport
Author: john steffan
8. Detailing The Luxury Details Of Puerto Vallarta Villas For Rent
Author: Casa Yvonneka
9. Reasons Uganda Is Ideal For Gorilla Trekking
10. Reasons To Visit Serengeti National Park
Author: Otto Mlanda
11. Reasons To Visit Selous Game Reserve
12. Kenya – The Ultimate Destination For Adventure Tours
Author: Imraan Nanji
13. City Of Elegancy & Charm – Islamabad
Author: Eric Wilson
14. How Do You Hire A Personal Driver In Los Angeles?
Author: Gregory Fibble
15. How To Make Aeromexico Reservations Online?