ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Explore Fabulous Places During Your Marmaris Holidays
Visited by thousands of tourists every year, Marmaris is a Turkish port city located on the coast of the Mediterranean. It was once a small fishing village, but rose to prominence owing to a construction boom that the city witnessed during the late twentieth century. Today, it has become a favourite among many tourists owing to its location on the Turkish Riviera's shoreline and its reputation as a centre for diving and sailing. When you are in Marmaris, you can never miss the sight of yachts and vessels of the sailors arriving from various parts of the world.
Marmaris is characterised by the Mediterranean climate.
So, if you plan to spend most of the time basking under warm rays of the sun during your Marmaris holidays, July and August would be the best months for you to be in the Turkish port city. However, the temperatures may rise to 42-degree Celsius and it would be better to stay away from the sun between 12 to 3 pm. It is advisable to avoid visiting the city during the winter months from November to March. Although the weather cools off a little, this part of Turkey experiences heavy rainfall and there are possibilities of storms as well.
There is much to discover and experience in this Turkish city. During your cheap holidays to Marmaris, you would come across several fascinating beaches. They give you plenty of opportunities to unwind on sandy stretches in the midst of pleasant surroundings. Popular among them is the Uzunyali Beach, also called the Long Beach owing to its coastline that extends to nearly 10 kilometres. You can also explore the Marmaris Urban Beach during your visit to Uzunyali, both the beaches are located close to each other.
Your Marmaris all inclusive holidays would give you the chance to visit the city's famous attractions, which include the Marmaris Museum. It is housed in the renowned Marmaris Castle, located in the Mugla province. The origin of this castle is believed to date back 5,000 years. It was reconstructed on the orders of Suleyman the Magnificent before he began his expedition to Rhodes. A major portion of this castle was devastated by a French warship during the First World War. The exhibits displayed in the museum would give you some interesting insights of the city's history.
While getting around in Marmaris, you can savour the popular local and international delicacies in its elegant restaurants. The local cuisine of this city uses a wide range of ingredients in its dishes made from steak, chicken, and lamb. Some of these restaurants have an elaborate menu and also offer special discounts occasionally. If you are travelling with your entire family, you would be delighted by the price reductions in food that many of them offer for kids. If you are looking forward to enjoying a fantastic nightlife during your time spent in this city, you would also find some excellent bars and nightclubs in this part of Turkey.
You can click here to know more about the holidays to Istanbul if you intend to visit the city after holidaying in Marmaris.
Travel Articles1. Things To Know Before Flying With Jetblue Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
2. Car Rental In Chennai For Tourism
Author: Ellen Dares
3. Top Christmas Party Venues In Sydney You Shouldn’t Miss In 2020
Author: charlotte evelyn
4. Of Whales And Adventures: Thrilling Experiences You Shouldn’t Miss In Perth
Author: Olivia Angel Williams
5. Common Mistakes People Make When Hiring Airport Transfer Services
Author: James Spencer
6. Britannia Airport Cars Is Giving Cut Throat Competition At Heathrow Airport Transfer
Author: britannia airport
7. Britannia Airport Fulfill All The Parameter To Be The Best Choice Of Passengers At Gatwick Airport C
Author: britannia airport
8. Rolls Royce Wedding Car Sydney – Hire The Best Car For Your Wedding
Author: Prestige Hire
9. Watersports Activities In Dubai Make Your Trip Even More Enjoyable
Author: Mr Safnas
10. Hayber Cars Is Considered As A Cheapest Gatwick Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
11. What To Expect With The Opening Of The Grand Egyptian Museum In 2020?
Author: Cliff Collins
12. Dehradun Taxi Service - Dehraduntaxiservices
13. Hayber Cars Counts Your Payment As Sorter You Travel For London Southend Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
14. Popular Places In Sydney To Have A Thrilling Nye Celebration
Author: Harley Leon
15. Most Fun Sightseeing Tours In Sydney And Where You Can Find Them
Author: Evelyn Adam