ALL >> Business >> View Article
Here’s How To Stop Dreading Year-end Employee Reviews
It’s the time of year when you may be scheduling employee reviews. The employee knows he or she will hear about the good and the bad, and the supervisor will finally have to discuss those issues he or she has been avoiding all year. Usually both parties fudge a little and are glad that it’s over for another year. It’s another chance for open communication and feedback lost.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to connect with your employees. Instead, try these tips:
Hold occasional employee check-ins.
To improve the process, consider holding performance appraisals more frequently, perhaps even quarterly. This can help make the appraisal less of a “special event” and more of a routine exchange of information. It also means your feedback is more directly related to your employee’s recent performance, rather than coming months later.
Give timely feedback. If an employee does something wrong, or something good, tell him or her immediately. Point out the problem, make sure the employee acknowledges it, and make clear what you expect in the future. And if it’s something good, the employee will appreciate receiving a pat on the back. With immediate feedback, there should never be any surprises at review time.
Create an employee review summary. At the end of every appraisal, summarize the discussion and put the highlights in writing. Make sure your employee gets a copy. Before the next appraisal, ask your employee to review the copy and prepare his thoughts on his most recent performance. Ask him to present his opinions to start the discussion. If there are areas needing improvement, agree on an action plan and put that in writing too. And that might be a two-way street. It could involve your providing training or taking actions to support the employee, so make sure you’re living up to the agreement.
Don’t limit the appraisal to a scorecard on the employee’s achievements. If appropriate, use it to discuss career planning, cross-training, or job enrichment. Solicit ideas from the employee. These techniques can help turn a judgmental meeting into a constructive exchange of ideas.
Business Accounting Systems, P.C., is a South Jersey Public Accounting Firm located in West Deptford, New Jersey that has been providing excellence in servicing the accounting, payroll, and tax needs of independently owned small businesses throughout the Tri-State area. For More Info : Visit Here : https://www.bas-pc.com/
Business Articles1. Threat Protection: Benefit Your Company’s Safety With Cyber Security- Mannai Networking & Elv
2. Custom Hotdog Boxes - Top 3 Advantages
Author: Andy Young
3. Fire Resistant Paint For Industrial & Commercial Building Materials
4. Control Technician Jobs Availability In Ontario, Canada.
5. Why Is There A Need For Hiring Security Guards?
Author: Logan Hartley
6. Why China Is Considered As Best Tourism Place?
Author: anu walia
7. Tips To Make The Most Out Of Courier Service In Darwin
Author: Gabriel Gould
8. The Benefits Of Hiring A Third Party Seo Agency Today
9. Benefits Of Hiring A Third Party As An Seo Agent For The Company
10. China Business Seminar In London: Why Baidu Advertising Is Becoming More Popular
Author: Barry Alison
11. Need A Star Bm Magazine? Check Sarco Inc. First!
Author: Ruben Carrion
12. Amines Market Size, Share, Growth & Trend Analysis Report
Author: roselyn henson
13. Fruits And Vegetables Ingredients Industry 2023 With Market Top Manufacturers, Region And Demand
14. Air Fryer Market Size, Share, Growth & Trend Analysis Report
Author: roselyn henson
15. Send Flowers To The Uae Through A Trusted Flower Delivery Network
Author: Arabian Florist