ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Exploring A New Point Of View-at The Top
What’s more impressive than Burj Khalifa in Dubai’s impressive skyline? Staggering at 828 meters, this structure earns its mark as the tallest building in the world. A trip to Dubai without a visit to the magnificent observation deck-a href="https://itickets.ae/activity/at-the-top">At the Top is definitely not complete. Below we take a deeper look into the structure.
Burj Khalifa is situated in downtown Dubai beside Dubai Mall. Travelling by Dubai Metro? Board the red line to Burj Khalifa station. Then board the F13 bus and alight at Dubai Mall Bus Stop. Walk through the mall to get to the lower ground floor. You could opt to walk to the mall via the air conditioned overpass which takes approximately 15 minutes. Else, use the moving walkways like those found in airports which is highly recommended.
Once in the mall, walk through the mall to the lower ground floor.
What to know
● At the Top, Level 125 Burj Khalifa is a tribute to the Arab’s arts and culture. On this level, guests get to enjoy 360 views of the city, desert and the Arabian gulf beyond.
● To go to the observation deck, you travel up by a lift moving at speeds of up to 10m/s
● Along the way, catch glimpses of other landmarks around the world and how they compare to Burj Khalifa Tickets
● At the Top is just one of the three levels open to the public. The rest include level 125 which is also part of At the Top. By the way this observation is not really at the top but only halfway the building. The third level is the luxury lounge, SKY on level 148 and at 555m.
● There are notable differences between At the Top and At the Top, SKY. One is the pricing and SKY is way quieter with comfy seats around should you need a rest after peering over the edge.
● The piece of art was designed by Adrian Smith whose firm designed the Willis Tower formerly Sears Tower and world trade center which are all remarkable mega structures :)
● Beside being the tallest building in the world, the structure has broken several other world records including: The tallest freestanding structure in the world, the highest number of stories in the world, the highest occupied floor in the world, the highest outdoor observation deck in the world, the elevator with the longest travel distance in the world and the tallest elevator in the world.
● Big news 2020! ‘Jeddah Tower’ in Saudi Arabia will claim the world’s tallest building title standing at least 3280 feet tall.
What to expect
● If you won’t have booked your ticket online in advance, you’ll be required to queue before proceeding to the lift to embark on your journey to At the Top
● An outdoor section. However, if like most people you’re creeped out to step out zoom in on the ground using cameras connected to touch screens around.
● A dizzying experience looking up to see the remaining 400 metres or so soaring above you.
● An audio tour detailing the engineering and architectural detail of the structure
Why you should visit
● A bucket list ticker? Then the novelty of going up the world’s tallest building is absolutely worth it!
● Impressive panoramas from At the Top that will sweep you off your feet.
● The beauty of the structure as it towers above all other structures along Sheikh Zayed Road
● To avoid crowds, consider visiting during weekdays or off peak times
● The views from the observation deck are terrific at night
● There are gift shops near exit elevators, and another one on ground floor near the exit. So be sure to check in for cool souvenirs
● A beautiful spiraling staircase known as the ‘spiral flight’ which connects levels 124 and 125. You’ll spot a giant, sparkly chandelier overhanging the staircase and glass walls that give you more open views as you move up or down the stairs.
● There are more advanced, interactive equipments on this level such as the giga-panoramic telescopes that help zoom in both day and nights for more up close views.
● If you’re questioning your photography skills, there’s a photographer to take some cool photos of you
● Don’t miss the outdoor observation deck. A lot of guests miss this opportunity because they’re not aware of it.
● To catch the breathtaking sunset, book your time slot 90 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
● Backpacks, large bags or tripods are not allowed up there.
● When booking your ticket on iticket.ae, you’re allowed to select your preferred time of visit. It’s commendable to visit at least 10-15 minutes before your selected time.
● If you plan on visiting over the weekend, book in advance. However, have in mind the city tends to get hazy at times hence limiting visibility. So don’t book so far in advance.
The overall view from At the Top observation deck is overwhelmingly impressive and the rate at which Dubai is growing, the skyline will explode into even something more impressive in near future. Seeing and experiencing the city at such a perspective is such a spectacle and a must do for everyone. By the way, skyscraper/photographer lovers, this is a golden chance to have the best shots of the opulent Dubai.
Dalphine Wanjiru is a passionate content writer with over 6 years writing experience across different industries and currently working as a content marketer at itickets.ae. When I’m not writing I’m enjoying the captivating views of Dubai city from At the Top :)
iTickets.ae is a trading name of Arabia Horizons Tours LLC, a leading & well Known Tour Operator in Dubai, who have been providing hotel accommodation and activities since 2006. We offer a selection of activities and hotels in every city in the United Arab Emirates. In addition to booking hotels, we also book activities & attractions, theme parks, group tours, suggest best itineraries and help you plan the perfect holiday or vacation all over the United Arab Emirates. All enquiries, are dealt by our well trained staff based in Dubai who can add an extra dimension to the booking process by suggesting alternatives, pointing out latest openings, like little hidden gem's that no one else knows about. We are the experts; we have been booking activities & attractions for years, we know how to get you the maximum value and enjoyment out of your trip to the United Arab Emirates. Notable, transactions on iTickets website are conducted through a secure browser that's protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-a highly secured state of the art software for secure online commerce business and industry's standard and best software available in the market today for secure online transactions.
Travel Articles1. Hire Local Taxi Services In Melbourne
2. Limo Service Toronto, On – Car Service - Limo Routes
Author: Jennifer Loren
3. Viaja A Kerala Con Bellezas De La Estación Munnar Hill
Author: Jessica Johansson
4. Taxis At The London Heathrow Airport
5. Reasons To Have Professional Floor Cleaning Services
Author: Vania Oliveira
6. Best Top 10 Things To Do In Mljet Island
Author: Carl Fisher
7. A Luxury Tour To Egypt – In Everyone’s Travel Diaries
Author: Cliff Collins
8. Visit The Traditional Markets With Cheap Holidays To Dubai
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. Enjoy Exciting Activities In Hatta During Dubai Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
10. Relaxing Waterfront Holidays Wooli
Author: Blue River Apartments
11. The Wilderness Of Madhya Pradesh
Author: Mani Kumar
12. Palaces In India | Heritage Hotels Of India | Book Best India Heritage Hotels
Author: Palaces In India
13. What Are The Different Accommodation Options In Vancouver For A Student?
Author: Gabriel Logan
14. Hyderabad Metro – Perspective Of A Newbie To Hyderabad
Author: Kirti D
15. Australia Study Visa
Author: Neha Yadav