ALL >> Education >> View Article
Tips To Choose Schools Offering Interior Design Course
Students who aspire to become interior designers someday, have to be ready to go through specific formal education. Becoming an interior designer involves learning how to play with physical space, architecture, colour use and different computer software for design etc. It is quite a demanding career but proves to be extremely lucrative and satisfying.
When considering interior design courses, one should ensure that the curriculum is holistic and offers a fair knowledge about all aspects of interiors.
There are a number of undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses offered by various interior design schools in the country. In India, the undergraduate courses in interior design generally range to about three years while post graduate courses are of 2 years duration. One can also pursue a diploma in interior design, the duration of which is about a year or more.
When choosing interior design courses here are a few things that should be kept in mind-
1. Reputation of the design school
The reputation and accreditation of interior design schools should be considered when choosing a design course. A well-known institution offering a significant degree opens up more doors for aspiring interior designers. It definitely makes the CV more impressive.
2. Consider the design school curriculum
One should examine the curriculum of the course before enrolling. It is best to make sure that the curriculum lines up with what one wants to do in the future. While undergraduate courses offer basic knowledge on interior design, post-graduation courses are more detailed and sub-field specific.
3. Choose programs offering training in CAD (computer-aided drafting)
Interior designing courses not only teach about architecture, colours and designing of physical spaces, but also offer technical knowledge on how to work with interior design software. The high-tech world demands that every interior designer knows how to work with computer software like Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD etc. Thus, it is important to choose a course offering basic knowledge of such computer-aided drafting programs.
4. Choose a school that offers an internship
When becoming an interior designer gaining theoretical knowledge is important, but it is a practical experience that matters. Thus one should opt for an interior designing course that offers an internship during the end. An internship for about 2-3 months will allow students to use what they have learnt practically offering them a good experience.
Other factors that also affect the interior design school that one chooses include the cost of the program it offers, the basic infrastructure and facilities it has and the experience of the facility members.
Before choosing a school, it is best that one acquires through information about various interior designing courses in India.
Author Bio:- Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Apart from being a lecturer, he is also a blogger who keeps individuals updated with new designing courses. His passion includes travelling and reading. Through this article, he gives various tips that one should consider when choosing a school offering interior design course.
Education Articles1. Benefits Of Ccna Certification For Your Networking Career
2. Should You Employ A Designer When Renovating Your Kitchen Area?
Author: Alex Arnorld
3. Why Opting For Photography Courses Is Best For Your Clicking Career?
Author: Dk Digital Tech
4. How Could You Make Coding Fun?
Author: shubham sharma
5. How To Quickly Manage High School Teachers Responsibilities
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
6. "the Best Tips To Enrich Communication Between Students, Staff And Parents "
Author: Neelima Ls
7. Best It Training Institute In Jamshedpur
Author: Best IT training institute in jamshepur
8. 10 Famous Trumpet Players
Author: Bishal Sharma
9. Reasons Why Engineering Is Important In Present Day?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
10. Which Is The Best Mca College In Mumbai? Which College Is Better For Pursuing Mca And Have Better P
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
11. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
12. The Alignment Of My Project Methodology To The Lean Process
Author: Debra Gentz
13. What Are Some Of The Best Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi?
Author: insights success
14. All You Need To Know About Scholarships For International Students In Australia
Author: Echoes Education
15. Difference Between Mbbs In Ukraine And Other Countries For Indian Students