ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Step By Step Guide To Gst Registration Of Your Business
The GST (Goods and Services Tax) was brought into effect by the government to subsume indirect taxes like service tax, VAT, etc. under a single tax window. As per the provisions of this new tax regime, any entity that supplies goods or services in India and has a turnover more than the prescribed limit has to register themselves for GST.
If you are yet to register for the same, you can follow the below mentioned 8-steps guide to complete the registration.
Step 1- GST portal
To register, you need to visit the official GST portal at www.gst.gov.in. Click on the ‘Services’ tab and select ‘Registration’.
Step 2- Filling the details
You’ll now have a form which you need to fill for successful GST registration. Information about the district, state, business name, business PAN, email address and mobile number need to be filled.
At the top of the form, you’ll have two options – New Registration or TRN. You select ‘New Registration’. Also, make sure that you enter the mobile number and email ID carefully as you’ll receive the OTP here. Once done, click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 3- Entering OTP
When the form is submitted, an OTP will be generated and sent to your mail ID and mobile number. Enter the OTP on the next page and click on ‘Continue’.
Step 4- Receiving TRN
After the right OTP is entered, a TRN (Temporary Reference Number) will be generated and sent to the mobile number and email ID. Note this down.
Step 5- Entering TRN
When you have the TRN, you then have to re-visit the homepage of the portal and again click on the ‘Registration’ button. This time, click on ‘Temporary Reference Number’ at the top of the form. Enter your TRN and click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 6- New OTP/
Again a new OTP will be generated and sent to email and mobile. Enter the same and proceed.
Step 7- Application status
If the OTP is correct, you’ll now reach a new page where the status of your application would be ‘Draft’. Click on the edit icon next to it. Here, the Part B section will have 10 sections, and you need to fill all the details and upload required documents. Some important things that you’ll need for GST registration include –
• Taxpayer constitution proof
• Proof of appointment of Authorized signatory
• Details of bank account(i.e. first page of bank account containing Bank Account No, Address of the Branch, Address of the Account Holder, few transactions
• Proof of business place
• Authorization form
(These documents need to be uploaded in JPEG or PDF format and the maximum size is 1 MB)
Step 8- Verification
When all the information is entered and documents uploaded, click on the ‘Verification’ page. Confirm the declaration and select one of the three ways for submission. You can –
• Use e-Sign where an OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar
• Use EVC which will send OTP to the mobile number you registered on GST portal
• DSC can be used by companies for submitting application
Once the verification is completed successfully, you’ll see a success message on the screen. You’ll then receive an ARN (Application Reference Number) on your mobile number and mail ID. You can then visit the GST portal and use this ARN to check the status of your application.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How Credit Repair Companies In Michigan Help To Improve Credit Score In 30 Days?
Author: Martin King
2. Playing The Gamble Called Investment
3. Stock Market Evaluation: Not Out Of Emotions
Author: Priyanka Paul
4. Algorithmic Trading In India: History, Regulations, Platforms And Future
Author: Viraj Quant
5. How To Select Mutual Funds And Invest In Sip
Author: Shashank Pawar
6. Puraniks City Reserva - A Home Design For Your Needs
Author: pooja agrawal
7. Sot Cash Against Credit Card In Chennai
8. Get Mortgage Even With Bad Credit –
Author: Ethan Charlotte
9. Money Management Tips - For Small Business In Australia
Author: John Mike
10. All You Need To Know About The Personal Loan Interest Rates
Author: Loan Adda
11. Why Using Self-directed Ira To Buy Real Estate Is A Smart Idea?
Author: Hayley Barnes
12. Best Platform For Automated Trading
Author: Jack Hamilton
13. Is Online Gambling Legal In Oregon - Answers
Author: Georgetta Henn
14. What To Do When The Business Loan Is Refused
Author: Finway Capital
15. Types Of Business And Their Loan Requirement
Author: Finway Capital