ALL >> Education >> View Article
Selenium Environment Setup And Its Advantage And Disadvantages
Pick Selenium Tools and Other for Test Automation:-
• Selenium WebDriver to make and execute Test cases
• Eclipse IDE to make and execute programs
• Java as Programming Language
• TestNG Testing Framework as Test Runner
• Browser drivers to execute Test cases utilizing diverse programs And so on...
• Download Eclipse IDE and concentrate
• Download Java (jdk) Software and Install
• Set Environment variable way (Path variable) (To get to/utilize Java programming from any catalog)
• Download Selenium WebDriver Java Language official (from seleniumhq.org) and Add WebDriver bump documents to Java extend in Eclipse IDE.
• Download and introduce TestNG Testing system from Eclipse IDE.
• Download Chrome, IE and so forth... Program drivers to execute Test cases againest every single famous program.
Points of interest and Disadvantages of Selenium:
I) Advantages of Selenium
1) Selenium is an Open Source Software:-
(All Selenium Projects (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid) discharged under the Apache 2.0 permit, It is allowed to utilize, anyone can download the source code and utilize, adjust the source code concurring our organization necessities, yet offering changed code isn't permitted.)
2) Selenium underpins different programming dialects to compose programs (Test contents):-
(Selenium bolsters, Java, C#, Perl, Python, Ruby furthermore, PHP Note: We can utilize any one the above dialects, the vast majority of the Selenium Testers utilizing Java (almost 77%).
Selenium IDE (one of the device in Selenium's Tool suite) doesn't bolster any programming.
UFT (Formerly QTP) underpins VBScript just to compose Test Scripts.)
3) Selenium bolsters different working frameworks (MS Windows, Linux, Macintosh etc...):-
(When we make Test Cases on any Operating Environment (Ex: MS Windows), they can be executed on other upheld Operating Environents (Ex:Linux, Macintosh Etc... effectively)
4) Selenium bolsters different Browsers: - (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari etc...)
(When we make Test cases at that point execute the Test Cases utilizing every single Popular Browser with no adjustments in Test Cases. Program driver just fluctuates starting with one Browser then onto the next Browser however Test cases are same.
Note: Selenium IDE (one of the apparatus in Selenium's Tool suite) bolsters Mozilla Firefox Browser as it were.)
5) Selenium underpins Parallel Test Execution:-
(Utilizing Selenium Grid we can execute Tests in Parallel, with the goal that we can diminish the Test execution Time).
6) Selenium utilizes less Hardware assets:-
(When it analyzes to Vendor Tools like UFT, RFT, SilkTest and so on... Selenium requires less Hardware Resources)
II) Disadvantages of Selenium
1) No solid Technical Support from anyone:-
(Since It is Open Source programming no one giving solid specialized help, on the off chance that it is UFT/QTP Vendor (HP) gives Technical Support)
2) It bolsters Web based applications as it were:-
(Selenium robotizes Web programs just, utilizing Selenium we can computerize Computer Web Applications and Mobile Web Apps, however Selenium doesn't bolster Computer Desktop Applications, Mobile Native Applications and Mobile Hybrid Applications.)
3) Difficult to utilize, sets aside greater opportunity to make Test cases:-
(Selenium WebDriver (Powerful device in Selenium's Tool suite) has Programming interface just, no IDE, so we need to compose ventures for every single errand they take additional time.
On the off chance that it is UFT/QTP has Programming interface and in addition IDE, we can Tool highlights (Ex: Recording, Checkpoints, Data Table etc...) and VBScript highlights (Ex: Condtional proclamations, Loop Statements, Functions etc...) to make Tests/Test Scripts.)
4) Difficult to Setup Test Environment when it thinks about to Vendor Tools like UFT, RFT, SilkTest and so on...
(Selenium utilizes different apparatuses and modules to help Test Automation, we require design them physically, on the off chance that it merchant instrument like UFT/QTP we simply download and introduce the device (every single required part were incorporated by the seller))
5) Limited help for Image Testing:-
6) New highlights may not work appropriately:-
Since it is open source programming no one is in charge of new highlights utilization, they might possibly work legitimately, it is merchant apparatus (Ex: UFT or RFT or SilkTest), seller is in charge of new highlights use.
7) No Test Tool coordination for Test Management:-
No Tool accessible in the Selenium's Tool suite to help Test Management, we need to pick any apparatus from the market, If it is UFT, ALM is there for joining of Project/Test Management errands.
8) No Built-in Reporting office:
Selenium WebDriver doesn't have worked in Result Report office, we have to take assistance from either JUnit or TestNG Testing Framework to generate Test Reports.
UFT/QTP has worked in Result Reporting office (Test Result Viewer); UFT gives Test Result to each Test emphasis.)
Join selenium training in Bangalore at Infocampus. Infocampus helps the candidates to get a bright future in software testing field by providing 100% Job Assistance.
Selenium training will be provided by an expert industrial professional having 10+yrs of experience. Selenium classes are practical oriented with real time examples. To know more, attend free demo classes that will be conducted at Infocampus by contacting 9738001024. Visit http://infocampus.co.in/best-selenium-testing-training-center-in-bangalore.html and get more details on selenium courses in Bangalore.
best institute for selenium training in Bangalore – Infocampus. Infocampus is an excellence training center for selenium courses in Bangalore. At Infocampus, selenium training is focused on practical and real time examples. Contact Infocampus at 8884166608 or visit http://infocampus.co.in/best-selenium-testing-training-center-in-bangalore.html for complete details on selenium training.
Education Articles1. Benefits Of Ccna Certification For Your Networking Career
2. Should You Employ A Designer When Renovating Your Kitchen Area?
Author: Alex Arnorld
3. Why Opting For Photography Courses Is Best For Your Clicking Career?
Author: Dk Digital Tech
4. How Could You Make Coding Fun?
Author: shubham sharma
5. How To Quickly Manage High School Teachers Responsibilities
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
6. "the Best Tips To Enrich Communication Between Students, Staff And Parents "
Author: Neelima Ls
7. Best It Training Institute In Jamshedpur
Author: Best IT training institute in jamshepur
8. 10 Famous Trumpet Players
Author: Bishal Sharma
9. Reasons Why Engineering Is Important In Present Day?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
10. Which Is The Best Mca College In Mumbai? Which College Is Better For Pursuing Mca And Have Better P
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
11. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
12. The Alignment Of My Project Methodology To The Lean Process
Author: Debra Gentz
13. What Are Some Of The Best Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi?
Author: insights success
14. All You Need To Know About Scholarships For International Students In Australia
Author: Echoes Education
15. Difference Between Mbbs In Ukraine And Other Countries For Indian Students