ALL >> Business >> View Article
Total Articles: 11
10 Techniques for a Successful Real Estate Negotiation
Some agents will tell you a property is valued at, or worth, what a buyer is willing or wants to pay. Here’s what your agent needs to know and execute in your best interests:
1. Be Polite and be Courteous
The negotiation process should be an enjoyable experience and using the right timing and having the ability to remain calm and respectful will only assist the process towards achieving a positive result for all parties.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want
Successful negotiators are assertive and challenge everything – they know that everything is negotiable. Being assertive means asking for what you want and refusing to take NO for an answer. Aggression is often used to achieve a result. However practicing being assertive will take care of your interests while maintaining respect for the interests of others. When you manage your own interests ahead of the others and with a lack of respect then you are negotiating aggressively.
The most popular word in the English language (or any other language for that matter) is “I”. Therefore it stands to reason that most people love hearing themselves talk. Communication is imperative in any negotiation. Negotiators search for that one point that will bring the two parties together and create a platform for a result. Good negotiators ask probing questions and then listen. The other party will tell you everything you need to know – all you have to do is listen. Follow the 90/10 Rule – listen 90% of the time, talk 10 % of the time. Ask lots of open-ended questions sit back and relax and listen and you’ll be amazed at what you hear.
Be prepared. So many times we sit at the negotiation table and think “I wish I would have known that” or “If only I found that out before I left the office. Keep asking yourself a few simple questions before entering into the negotiation process.
• What are my clients’ needs?
• Are they under any pressure and if so what can I do to alleviate the pressure?
• What options do my clients have?
• What if they struggle to make a decision because of emotional stress?
• What if I’m dealing with a first home buyer who has the family expert offering advice?
Doing your homework is vital to successful negotiation. You can’t make accurate decisions without understanding both sides of the process. The more information you have about the people with whom you are negotiating, the stronger you will be. People who consistently leave money on the table probably fail to do their homework.
5. Always be willing to walk away
Never negotiate without options. If you rely too much on the positive outcome of a negotiation, you lose your ability to say NO. When you say to yourself, “I will walk if I’m unable to secure a negotiation that is satisfactory,” the other side perceives that you mean business. Your resolve will force them to make concessions. If you don’t consider the option of walking away, you may be inclined to cave in to the other side’s demands simply to make a deal.
6. Take the Time
Being patient is trying for many people. Whoever is flexible about time has the advantage. Your patience can be challenging to the other party if they are in a hurry as they start to believe that you are not under pressure to conclude the transaction. So what do they do? They offer concessions as a means of providing you with an incentive to say YES.
7. Aim high and expect the best outcome
Successful negotiators are optimists. If they expect more, you’ll get more. Be sure to show a confidence level that is honest and caring as either party will be able to pick up on an attitude of “Ego”.
8. Show the other party how their needs will be met
Successful negotiators always view the situation from the other party’s perspective. Everyone looks differently at the process so stay ahead of the negotiation by using role reversal techniques. Ask yourself: If this was me, what would I be doing and what would I want to achieve. Act on these thoughts and you will find yourself thinking a differently and producing a better result for your client.
Whenever you give something away, receive something in return. It’s the give and take principal or I’ll do this if you do that.” When you give something away without requiring the other party to reciprocate, they will feel entitled to your concession, and won’t be satisfied until you give up even more. If they have to earn your concession, they will derive a greater sense of satisfaction than if they received it for nothing.
10. Don’t take the issues or the other person’s behaviour personally.
Rogue or inexperienced negotiators fail due to taking comments from either party personally. Should the negotiation start to derail then it is imperative that you try to understand their behaviour as the behaviour maybe unrelated to the process.
Everyday most of us need to negotiate on something of value, and most of us wish we would have paid less. Its a natural feeling and we all feel it at some time. At Ray White Nundah our team focuses on a result that allows both parties to walk away with a feeling of success. We must obtain the highest possible price on behalf of our owners as this is what we are expected to deliver.
For more details on our products and services, please feel free to visit us at House for sale,House and lot for sale & Philippine House for sale
Business Articles1. Are You Looking For Instant Setup Of Hushmail Account On Iphone?
2. Industrial Portable Fans Are Designed To Keep The Work Place Safe!
Author: Mark Pingler
3. Business Coaching As A Valuable Asset For You And Your Business
Author: Ian Marsh
4. How To Make Gst Tax Invoice? Which Gst Software One Should Use?
Author: Sagar Gore
5. Easy Guide To Get The Best Custom Optical Filters
Author: Lee wood
6. Movers Services In Dubai, Movers And Packers Company In Dubai, Moving And Shifting Company In Dubai
7. Web Design And Seo Service Company
8. Fast & Reliable Onsite Computer Services
9. Coated Fabrics Market Size To Grow Over $22.57 Billion By 2020
Author: Gomez R
10. Carpet Cleaning And Upholstery Cleaning
11. Carpet Cleaning Services In Sherman Oaks
12. Cheap Carpet Steam Cleaning
13. The Provision Of These Loans Empowers You To Take Out Quick Cash
Author: Jack martin
14. Bearings Market Size Projected To Grow Over $110 Million By 2024
Author: Gomez R
15. Free Classifieds India