ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
9 Professional Recommendations To Save More On Electricity Bills
Total Articles: 14
According to a professional electrician in Palo Alto, it’s much easier to use less energy around the home than you might think. Tapping into the sun’s light and warmth, making simple design changes, opting and using appliances intelligently and changing some old habits can make all the difference to your energy bills, your comfort and the environment.
1. Install large windows on the northern side of your house to make the most of the sun’s warmth. To stay cool in summer, install blinds, eaves or awnings that block the high summer sun.
2. Unplug or completely switch off appliances when you won’t be using them for hours is the simplest way to save energy. Keeping appliances on stand-by can account for 10% of the total electricity bill.
3. Cover windows with heavy, lined, close fitting curtains to lessen heat loss by up to 1/3rd in the winter season.
4. If you have an adjustable thermostat and central heating, try turning your heating down a fraction. You may not notice a big difference heat-wise, but you could make big savings. A reduction of 1¬0 C can cut bills by 10%.
5. Ensure you hot-water tank and pipes are correctly insulated in an average home, heating water accounts for more than ¼ of the household energy bill.
6. A professional electricians Palo Alto always recommends plugging gaps around doors and windows and any other external openings using weather strips and draft stoppers. In winters, it can contribute to prevent almost 25% heat loss.
7. Choose appliances that are the right size for your needs and energy-efficient too.
8. To dry your laundry, make use of clothesline rather than dryer, whenever the weather permits. It not only saves energy but also helps to cut greenhouse gases by almost 3 kilograms for every load of washing.
9. Make sure that your home is insulated properly. A well insulated home can be up to 100 C warmer in winter and as much as 70 C cooler in summer.
Finally, one of the key recommendations by expert electricians is that the next time you change your hot-water system, consider betting an energy-efficient gas, solar or electric heat pump unit. These systems cost more to purchase, but are comparatively much cheaper to run. They will certainly save your money.
Home and Garden Articles1. Different Types Of Automatic Garage Door Openers And Their Safety Measure
Author: Micheal Smith
2. Starting A Gardening Business Franchise In Australia – Pros Or Cons
Author: Phil Maunder
3. Tips To Buy Or Hire Outdoor Heater
Author: Jessie Cooper
4. The Failure Reasons Of Automatic Garage Door
Author: Micheal Smith
5. 4 Amazing Tips For Better Lawn Care
Author: Michael Foley
6. Relocation Made Easy And Safe With Professional Moving Company
Author: Michael Holden
7. 6 Simple Tips To Get The Most Attractive Wooden Floors In Sunderland!
Author: Kevin Elliott
8. Add Excitement In The Space By Bringing Readymade Curtains
Author: Tanvi Gupta
9. Chest Of Drawers: The Perfect Piece Of Furniture For Storage And Decor
Author: Wooden Space
10. Top Kitchen Equipment Exporter
11. Diy Low Cost Cleaning Tips Shared By Best Sydney Apartment Cleaner
Author: Lucas Brown
12. Mosaics In Interior Designs
Author: Emily Stone
13. 5 Cheap Tips By Landscaper’s To Increase Value Of House In Inner West
Author: Ammy Hardson
14. Roof Cleaning – Make Your Home Exterior Beautiful
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. Energy Star Windows - Are They Worth It?
Author: Mary Morris