ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
9 Professional Recommendations To Save More On Electricity Bills
Total Articles: 14
According to a professional electrician in Palo Alto, it’s much easier to use less energy around the home than you might think. Tapping into the sun’s light and warmth, making simple design changes, opting and using appliances intelligently and changing some old habits can make all the difference to your energy bills, your comfort and the environment.
1. Install large windows on the northern side of your house to make the most of the sun’s warmth. To stay cool in summer, install blinds, eaves or awnings that block the high summer sun.
2. Unplug or completely switch off appliances when you won’t be using them for hours is the simplest way to save energy. Keeping appliances on stand-by can account for 10% of the total electricity bill.
3. Cover windows with heavy, lined, close fitting curtains to lessen heat loss by up to 1/3rd in the winter season.
4. If you have an adjustable thermostat and central heating, try turning your heating down a fraction. You may not notice a big difference heat-wise, but you could make big savings. A reduction of 1¬0 C can cut bills by 10%.
5. Ensure you hot-water tank and pipes are correctly insulated in an average home, heating water accounts for more than ¼ of the household energy bill.
6. A professional electricians Palo Alto always recommends plugging gaps around doors and windows and any other external openings using weather strips and draft stoppers. In winters, it can contribute to prevent almost 25% heat loss.
7. Choose appliances that are the right size for your needs and energy-efficient too.
8. To dry your laundry, make use of clothesline rather than dryer, whenever the weather permits. It not only saves energy but also helps to cut greenhouse gases by almost 3 kilograms for every load of washing.
9. Make sure that your home is insulated properly. A well insulated home can be up to 100 C warmer in winter and as much as 70 C cooler in summer.
Finally, one of the key recommendations by expert electricians is that the next time you change your hot-water system, consider betting an energy-efficient gas, solar or electric heat pump unit. These systems cost more to purchase, but are comparatively much cheaper to run. They will certainly save your money.
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper