ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
9 Professional Recommendations To Save More On Electricity Bills
Total Articles: 14
According to a professional electrician in Palo Alto, it’s much easier to use less energy around the home than you might think. Tapping into the sun’s light and warmth, making simple design changes, opting and using appliances intelligently and changing some old habits can make all the difference to your energy bills, your comfort and the environment.
1. Install large windows on the northern side of your house to make the most of the sun’s warmth. To stay cool in summer, install blinds, eaves or awnings that block the high summer sun.
2. Unplug or completely switch off appliances when you won’t be using them for hours is the simplest way to save energy. Keeping appliances on stand-by can account for 10% of the total electricity bill.
3. Cover windows with heavy, lined, close fitting curtains to lessen heat loss by up to 1/3rd in the winter season.
4. If you have an adjustable thermostat and central heating, try turning your heating down a fraction. You may not notice a big difference heat-wise, but you could make big savings. A reduction of 1¬0 C can cut bills by 10%.
5. Ensure you hot-water tank and pipes are correctly insulated in an average home, heating water accounts for more than ¼ of the household energy bill.
6. A professional electricians Palo Alto always recommends plugging gaps around doors and windows and any other external openings using weather strips and draft stoppers. In winters, it can contribute to prevent almost 25% heat loss.
7. Choose appliances that are the right size for your needs and energy-efficient too.
8. To dry your laundry, make use of clothesline rather than dryer, whenever the weather permits. It not only saves energy but also helps to cut greenhouse gases by almost 3 kilograms for every load of washing.
9. Make sure that your home is insulated properly. A well insulated home can be up to 100 C warmer in winter and as much as 70 C cooler in summer.
Finally, one of the key recommendations by expert electricians is that the next time you change your hot-water system, consider betting an energy-efficient gas, solar or electric heat pump unit. These systems cost more to purchase, but are comparatively much cheaper to run. They will certainly save your money.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden