ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
9 Professional Recommendations To Save More On Electricity Bills
Total Articles: 14
According to a professional electrician in Palo Alto, it’s much easier to use less energy around the home than you might think. Tapping into the sun’s light and warmth, making simple design changes, opting and using appliances intelligently and changing some old habits can make all the difference to your energy bills, your comfort and the environment.
1. Install large windows on the northern side of your house to make the most of the sun’s warmth. To stay cool in summer, install blinds, eaves or awnings that block the high summer sun.
2. Unplug or completely switch off appliances when you won’t be using them for hours is the simplest way to save energy. Keeping appliances on stand-by can account for 10% of the total electricity bill.
3. Cover windows with heavy, lined, close fitting curtains to lessen heat loss by up to 1/3rd in the winter season.
4. If you have an adjustable thermostat and central heating, try turning your heating down a fraction. You may not notice a big difference heat-wise, but you could make big savings. A reduction of 1¬0 C can cut bills by 10%.
5. Ensure you hot-water tank and pipes are correctly insulated in an average home, heating water accounts for more than ¼ of the household energy bill.
6. A professional electricians Palo Alto always recommends plugging gaps around doors and windows and any other external openings using weather strips and draft stoppers. In winters, it can contribute to prevent almost 25% heat loss.
7. Choose appliances that are the right size for your needs and energy-efficient too.
8. To dry your laundry, make use of clothesline rather than dryer, whenever the weather permits. It not only saves energy but also helps to cut greenhouse gases by almost 3 kilograms for every load of washing.
9. Make sure that your home is insulated properly. A well insulated home can be up to 100 C warmer in winter and as much as 70 C cooler in summer.
Finally, one of the key recommendations by expert electricians is that the next time you change your hot-water system, consider betting an energy-efficient gas, solar or electric heat pump unit. These systems cost more to purchase, but are comparatively much cheaper to run. They will certainly save your money.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are Reviews Enough To Know About Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
2. How To Make Your Badkamer Renovatie Most Cost Effective
Author: Brian Miller
3. Selecting Bathroom Floor And Wall Tiles
Author: Bath & Tile
4. 4 Reasons To Use Eco-friendly Building Materials
Author: Chris Jenkin
5. Organizing Restaurant`s Booth Seating And Getting Booth Reupholstery
6. Quality Manufacturer Of Restaurant Booth
7. Learn The Process Of Choosing And Organizing Restaurant Booth Seating
8. How To Use Creative Ideas To Make Your Restaurant More Unique
9. Purchasing Good Quality Restaurant Booths
10. Add A Decorative Accent To Your Home With Bamboo Blinds
Author: Julie Valencia
11. The Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore Make Your Dream Home Come True
12. Some Tips To Remove Popcorn In Miami Without More Trouble
Author: Jacob Ethan
13. Basic Information Of Roofing
Author: Roofing 2000
14. Caring For Your Bathroom And Sanitary Ware
15. Why Sod Installation Is An Effective Way Of Making Lawn Or Garden
Author: Anu Walia