ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
9 Professional Recommendations To Save More On Electricity Bills
Total Articles: 14
According to a professional electrician in Palo Alto, it’s much easier to use less energy around the home than you might think. Tapping into the sun’s light and warmth, making simple design changes, opting and using appliances intelligently and changing some old habits can make all the difference to your energy bills, your comfort and the environment.
1. Install large windows on the northern side of your house to make the most of the sun’s warmth. To stay cool in summer, install blinds, eaves or awnings that block the high summer sun.
2. Unplug or completely switch off appliances when you won’t be using them for hours is the simplest way to save energy. Keeping appliances on stand-by can account for 10% of the total electricity bill.
3. Cover windows with heavy, lined, close fitting curtains to lessen heat loss by up to 1/3rd in the winter season.
4. If you have an adjustable thermostat and central heating, try turning your heating down a fraction. You may not notice a big difference heat-wise, but you could make big savings. A reduction of 1¬0 C can cut bills by 10%.
5. Ensure you hot-water tank and pipes are correctly insulated in an average home, heating water accounts for more than ¼ of the household energy bill.
6. A professional electricians Palo Alto always recommends plugging gaps around doors and windows and any other external openings using weather strips and draft stoppers. In winters, it can contribute to prevent almost 25% heat loss.
7. Choose appliances that are the right size for your needs and energy-efficient too.
8. To dry your laundry, make use of clothesline rather than dryer, whenever the weather permits. It not only saves energy but also helps to cut greenhouse gases by almost 3 kilograms for every load of washing.
9. Make sure that your home is insulated properly. A well insulated home can be up to 100 C warmer in winter and as much as 70 C cooler in summer.
Finally, one of the key recommendations by expert electricians is that the next time you change your hot-water system, consider betting an energy-efficient gas, solar or electric heat pump unit. These systems cost more to purchase, but are comparatively much cheaper to run. They will certainly save your money.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja