ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips To Update Your Existing Furniture Into Modern And Unique Furniture
Total Articles: 24
After a while all furniture or even the home interiors start to look a little dated. Budget constraints and several other reasons do not permit us to renovate frequently. Neither is it feasible to discard existing furniture so easily. So how does one transform furniture or the home décor to the modern and latest styles? Here are a few tips to update your existing furniture to give it the modern look and infuse a little life into your living space.
Perhaps, the easiest way to give your existing furniture a modern look is to spruce it up. Colour is the single factor that has a major impact on the senses – be it your home interior or your furniture, a fresh coat of paint brightens up the place and gives it a fresh look. Use your imagination and play around with bold colours to create a sense of unique charm in your home. For example, a bright canary yellow backdrop to highlight a unique furniture item creates a modern look.
While we are on the topic of colour, keep in mind that large, bulky items of furniture like a chest of drawers or a console pretty much dominate the space. Be cautious while using bold colours on such furniture pieces unless you really want them to be the centre of attraction. Muted colours go well here, so choose accordingly.
If you are handy with tools or have a little background on carpentry, updating your existing furniture into modern and unique pieces is not too difficult. Here again, you need to use your imagination to transform the furniture to modern styles.
The right type of furnishings add to the overall appearance of the room. So, even if you're not planning to update your existing furniture, you can still create a modern look by using fabrics with modern prints to co-ordinate with the traditional furniture. For example, colourful cushion covers or bed spreads with funky prints make a world of difference to a drab interior.
Another way to update your furniture is to use modern upholstery on old chairs and sofas. Redoing the upholstery with modern fabrics makes the space brighter and more inviting.
If you don't mind spending on a makeover for your home, consider getting a few new pieces of furniture to complement the existing ones. Quite often you find some unique furniture items at flea markets or Designer Interiors Online. You might just find the right centre piece to match your existing living room set or pick up a unique wall piece to complete your bedroom décor.
Visit Annandale Interiors in Sydney for some uniquely crafted furniture items or go through the catalogue at http://www.annandaleinteriors.com.au . Pick out what you need from a fine collection of Cheap Bedroom Furniture and homeware at the online store.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja