ALL >> Health >> View Article
Best Headaches Treatment By Dr Adrian Clegg
Total Articles: 6
Dr Adrian Clegg DC of Opus Healthcare located in Sydney’s CBD discusses headache treatment together with the different treatment strategies available to headache and migraine sufferers.
Every day we are bombarded with advertising for pain relief and anti-inflammatory medications. The market place for pain management drugs and devices is an extremely crowded one. Globally sales of these drugs and devices are increasing and expected to reach $45 billion per annum by 2020.
There must be a better option of simply managing pain without the view of fixing the cause. Pain is a sign and symptom that there is an underlying, and often dangerous problem. Pain signals arise because of an inflammatory process created via local tissue damage. Doesn’t it make more sense to correct the problem rather than just trying to turn down the warning signs? Covering up pain is like taking the batteries out of your smoke detector when they’ve gone off as a fire engulfs your house. The annoying high pitched screeching of the fire detector will stop, but your house will still burn to the ground.
Chronic tension type headaches, are your garden variety style of headache which affect a whooping 7 million Australians. We have all had the occasional Headache Treatment, for chronic sufferers the most important thing is to address the cause rather than using drugs to decrease the symptoms once the headache has started.
Common causes of tension headaches are;
3. Poor posture
4. Spinal joint misalignment and damage
5. Biochemical changes
6. Medication overuse
Headache treatment strategies relate to my focus as an upper cervical specific chiropractor and functional medicine expert. They address two areas. Firstly, the spinal misalignments in the neck and secondly the biochemical aspect. Energy production issues, nutritional deficits, toxins, or hormonal imbalances from chronic and unrelenting stress can all be measured via the functional medicine testing.
In my opinion stress is one of the main reasons that global sales of pain relief drugs and devices is increasing at a rate of knots. We are living longer but also living with increased levels of stress by Migraine Headache Relief Medicine. The three main types of stress are;
1. Emotional: Relationships, work and finances.
2. Dietary stress: Our food choices and sources of food can be an area of great stress.
3. Hidden pain and inflammation: Inflammation from arthritis or joint damage or organs which are inflamed such as the gut or liver can be sources of stress.
My headache treatment strategies involve testing which many other health professionals do not cover, they include;
1. X-rays: Specifically, the Atlas Orthogonal cervical films
2. Functional medicine testing covering blood chemistry, adrenal hormones, stool testing and organic acids.
Whilst this list of tests may seem quite extensive, chronic headaches can have a huge impact on your life. Over half of all sufferers experience a headache everyday with 10-30 years being an average time span that people with tension headaches suffer with symptoms for. By combining atlas orthogonal and functional medicine protocols my headache treatment strategies have helped countless people throughout Sydney.
Migraine headaches affect an estimated 3 million Australians, around 15% of the population. Sufferers know just how debilitating the effects can be, work can be affected as can social and sporting activities. Migraines can also have a huge financial cost with direct and indirect costs estimated to be $1 billion pa.
Three times as many women than men suffer with migraine. Hormonal fluctuations in estrogen and progesterone are undoubtedly the cause of so many female migraine sufferers.
Migraine headache relief medicine can be somewhat effective at providing symptomatic relief. However, it cannot correct the underlying hormonal imbalance. Many of my patients have had complete resolution of their migraine headaches once the hormonal imbalance has been corrected.
For headache and migraine relief treatment in Sydney and throughout Australia contact me for more information regarding the functional medicine testing and tailored treatment plans.
For more information on Headache Treatment Sydney kindly visit www.opushealth.com.au .
Health Articles1. All You Need To Know About Shirodhara
Author: Shriya Ayu Clinic
2. Medicare Reporting Challenges To Affect Independent Practices
3. Male Organ Health And Wellness: When It’s Time To Talk To A Urologist
Author: John Dugan
4. World Best Air Ambulance Service In Bagdogra With Md Doctors
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
5. Global Ventricular Assist Devices Market Trend
6. Key Reasons To See A Reputed Podiatrist To Cure Feet Problems
Author: Marion Yau
7. Be Fit And Healthy Through Regular Consumption Of Noni Products Of Salveo
8. Hacks To Stop Snoring
Author: Alex Bowmann
9. How Dr. Kewal Krishan Saved My Grandfather’s Life
Author: ponting brown
10. The Best Hospital For Cancer Treatment ; Balaji Action Cancer Hospital
Author: ponting brown
11. Turn Towards The Remedial Surgeries To Perk Up Your Beauty
Author: owen Thomson
12. 3 Easy Ways To Brand Your Next Medical Event
13. Why Should We Use Teeth Whitening Kits?
14. Tumescence Problems And The Too-hard Member: Understanding Priapism
Author: John Dugan
15. Things In Mind When Picking The Right Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash