ALL >> Service >> View Article
Fire Extinguisher Is One Of The Best Safety Equipment
Total Articles: 124
Most fires start small. If the fire is contained to a single object, such as a trash can, you may want to try using a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. Realizing you only have a few seconds before the fire will triple in size, deciding on when and how to use your fire extinguisher is critical.
You should only consider using a fire extinguisher if all members of your home have been alerted to the fire. Make sure you are safe from smoke and that the fire is not between you and your only escape route.
When it comes to purchasing a fire extinguisher, look for one that is tested by an independent testing laboratory. Also, look for one labeled A-B-C as it can be used on most fires that would occur in your home. You want to be sure the type of fire extinguisher you use is the right one for the fire you are dealing with. The types of Fire extinguishers are:
• TYPE A — Class A extinguishers are for use on fires that contain ordinary combustibles such as paper, wood, cloth, plastics, etc.
• TYPE B — Class B extinguishers are for use on fires containing flammable liquids like oil, gasoline, etc.
• TYPE C — Class C extinguishers are for fires involving electrical equipment such as tools or appliances.
• TYPE D — Class D extinguishers are for use on combustible metals. This type of extinguisher is generally only found in factories that work with these particular metals.
• TYPE K — Class K extinguishers are for use on fires involving combustible cooking liquids such as animal oils, vegetable oils and fats. This type of extinguisher is most likely to be found in a commercial kitchen.
Make sure you know how to operate your fire extinguisher. You will not have time to read the instructions during an emergency. Keep it in an easily accessible area, not blocked by anything that could keep you from getting it when needed.
To use a fire extinguisher effectively, remember the word P.A.S.S. Pull the pin. Aim low, pointing the extinguisher nozzle at the base of the fire. Squeeze the handle, releasing the extinguishing agent. Sweep from side to side at the base of the fire until it appears to be out. Watch the fire area to make sure the fire doesn’t break out again. If the fire comes back, repeat the process as necessary.
More information on fire extinguisher safety and types of extinguishers can be found by visiting the Cal Fire website.
Service Articles1. How To Fix Attachment Issue In Yahoo Email
Author: carter lee
2. Learn How To Add Aol Email On Windows 10
Author: Edward Lewis
3. Infomedia Services - Hydraulic Cylinder In Coimbatore
4. A Guide To Best Practice Seo Checklist In 2018
Author: Chris Walker
5. Aol Gold Desktop Support +1-800-893-9752
Author: VINCENT MEYERS
6. Know How To Solve Norton Error Code “13000, 100”?
Author: Edward Lewis
7. Best Printing Services Provider In India
8. Some Of The Common Problems With Microwave
Author: Liam Well
9. Crawl Space Insulation – An Ignored Yet Important Aspect Of House Maintenance
10. Their Wedding Day Is The Most Important Of The Bride And Groom’s Life
Author: Shabu Miah
11. Agricultural Farming Providers | Types Of Agricultural Produce | Agricultural Value Chain
12. How To Make Sure Performance Of Computer Is Not Disturbed Post Installing Antivirus?
13. The Complete Guide To Creating A Video Marketing Strategy
Author: Orange Videos
14. Tips On How To Hire An Exterior Painting Company
Author: Gary Koen
15. Practical Tips On How To Choose An Seo Specialist
Author: Ben Lindner