ALL >> Business >> View Article
Read Now To Keep Your Electric Fencing In Proper Working Condition
Total Articles: 16
For many farmers, electric fencing is an incredible fencing system since it is appropriate for handling many different tasks. Electric fencing system is inexpensive and acts as an excellent fencing choice for horses, cattle, sheep, goats and chickens. In order to deter predators and keep critters out of your garden, your electric fencing should be properly installed and maintained.
Usually, electric fencing in Perth comes in a variety of styles and installation setups to perform the prescribed task. No matter what kind of electric fencing you use, proper maintenance is key to keeping your fence functioning properly and keeping your animals safe.
Electric Fence Grounding
Properly working electric fence grounding is essential to effectively keep cattle contained and predators out. Here are a few electric fence grounding tips to ensure your electric fence chargers are grounded and working properly.
- During winter and summer, check your ground system and the voltage of your electric fence to ensure adequate electric fence grounding of your system regardless of the conditions of your land.
- Use an electric fence voltmeter to check the voltage levels of your fence energiser after shorting out the electric fence properly.
- Use a 10- to 14-ga. insulated lead-out wire rated at 20,000V to support the electric fence system. Preferring household or industrial cables made for only 400V will not work out.
- Use the correct type of rod for grounding and make sure that the rod you use is made of galvanised steel at least 4 ft. long. Using copper ground rods will lower the effectiveness of the connection.
- Add an additional grounding rod for your electric fence if he power is not sufficient. Most of the farmers use more than three grounding rods positioned about 10 ft. apart for effective working.
- Ensure that the ground rods are from your utilities, especially from telephone lines. If the rods are placed close to the telephone lines it will cause interference.
Other Maintenance Tips
- Cut shrubs and prune trees touching the electric fence wires because they can cause short circuit and reduce effectiveness.
- Remove dead insects or other debris inside electric fencing insulators that could ground the wire.
- Check the fence insulators and replace the damaged ones with a new insulator because they can cause short circuit.
- Use standard household detergent to clean posts and insulators.
- Fix damaged, broken or corroded electric fence wires for improved safety.
- Spray weed killer under the fence line or cut weeds and grass regularly to avoid interference.
- Listen for a click-click noise during the rainy season to find out where the short is taking place.
The author of this article is the leading supplier of irrigation and electric fence supplies in Perth. In this article, he writes about the importance of electric fences and provides maintenance tips to make them more efficient. Visit http://ruralfencingsupplies.com.au for more.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better