ALL >> Business >> View Article
Read Now To Keep Your Electric Fencing In Proper Working Condition
Total Articles: 20
For many farmers, electric fencing is an incredible fencing system since it is appropriate for handling many different tasks. Electric fencing system is inexpensive and acts as an excellent fencing choice for horses, cattle, sheep, goats and chickens. In order to deter predators and keep critters out of your garden, your electric fencing should be properly installed and maintained.
Usually, electric fencing in Perth comes in a variety of styles and installation setups to perform the prescribed task. No matter what kind of electric fencing you use, proper maintenance is key to keeping your fence functioning properly and keeping your animals safe.
Electric Fence Grounding
Properly working electric fence grounding is essential to effectively keep cattle contained and predators out. Here are a few electric fence grounding tips to ensure your electric fence chargers are grounded and working properly.
- During winter and summer, check your ground system and the voltage of your electric fence to ensure adequate electric fence grounding of your system regardless of the conditions of your land.
- Use an electric fence voltmeter to check the voltage levels of your fence energiser after shorting out the electric fence properly.
- Use a 10- to 14-ga. insulated lead-out wire rated at 20,000V to support the electric fence system. Preferring household or industrial cables made for only 400V will not work out.
- Use the correct type of rod for grounding and make sure that the rod you use is made of galvanised steel at least 4 ft. long. Using copper ground rods will lower the effectiveness of the connection.
- Add an additional grounding rod for your electric fence if he power is not sufficient. Most of the farmers use more than three grounding rods positioned about 10 ft. apart for effective working.
- Ensure that the ground rods are from your utilities, especially from telephone lines. If the rods are placed close to the telephone lines it will cause interference.
Other Maintenance Tips
- Cut shrubs and prune trees touching the electric fence wires because they can cause short circuit and reduce effectiveness.
- Remove dead insects or other debris inside electric fencing insulators that could ground the wire.
- Check the fence insulators and replace the damaged ones with a new insulator because they can cause short circuit.
- Use standard household detergent to clean posts and insulators.
- Fix damaged, broken or corroded electric fence wires for improved safety.
- Spray weed killer under the fence line or cut weeds and grass regularly to avoid interference.
- Listen for a click-click noise during the rainy season to find out where the short is taking place.
The author of this article is the leading supplier of irrigation and electric fence supplies in Perth. In this article, he writes about the importance of electric fences and provides maintenance tips to make them more efficient. Visit http://ruralfencingsupplies.com.au for more.
Business Articles1. Business Baby Backpack Carriers Are Indeed Great
Author: babycarriers australia seo
2. Tips For Starting Your Home Based Business
Author: Michael Jacobsen
3. Good Engineering Colleges In Jaipur
4. Mm Laser Clinic Was Founded On Three Main Principles Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
5. A Glance At The Top Themes In Indian Wedding Decorations For 2018
Author: Shabu Miah
6. Jaipur College Of Engineering
7. Customized Harnesses Available On Request Part - Ii
Author: Unknown Member
8. Great Service, Sooner Rather Than Later, Makes A Website Successful
Author: Surabhi Joshi
9. Entrance Exams For Admission In Reputed Colleges
10. Wedding Photography Services Margaret River
Author: Ben Yew
11. Escuchar Y Descarga Canciones Mp3 Part - I
12. Mission Statement Part - Ii
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
13. Multichannel Marketing- The Only Marketing Technique To Triumph
14. Best Pediatrician Texas
15. The Function Of Web Development Services
Author: makemy website