ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Porcelain Tile Design Trends
Total Articles: 42
Porcelain is a type of ceramic tile that is made of finer, denser clay. Since porcelain is denser than ceramic tile, it is also harder and less porous. This makes it very stain ad water resistant. Porcelain is available in several textures including: natural, smooth, polished, and textured surfaces. Porcelain tile is offered in glazed and un-glazed options; however, un-glazed tile requires more frequent cleaning. As a bonus, porcelain is much lighter than marble and granite - meaning easier installs.
The versatility of porcelain is almost endless. Porcelain tile can be incorporated in several places of the home, including the kitchen, bathroom, and even fireplace. It has recently emerged into the bathroom design scene since it is low maintenance and can handle moisture and daily use.
A great thing about porcelain is that it is available in several "looks." It can even be made to look like metal, wood, and stone. Additionally, it can be used indoors and outdoors. With advancing technologies, porcelain is now available in larger segments.
A recent trend in bathroom design is covering all of the walls with porcelain slab tiles. The large tiles can help to make the room appear larger due to the little number of grout lines. This creates a minimal look with little upkeep. Porcelain slab tile is a great option for those who want to create a glamorous look without the high costs since it is cheaper than marble. Although porcelain slab tile may be currently seen as a luxury item, it is expected to come down in costs as it becomes more popular.
Porcelain is a great option for flooring, backsplashes, walls, and other accent areas in the home. It is a durable and stain resistant, which is a plus for any family. One of the major advantages of porcelain is that it is extremely versatile since it can be used in several areas of the home, as well as outdoor spaces. Porcelain tile is also available in many styles and can mimic the look of wood and metal.
Home and Garden Articles1. Different Types Of Automatic Garage Door Openers And Their Safety Measure
Author: Micheal Smith
2. Starting A Gardening Business Franchise In Australia – Pros Or Cons
Author: Phil Maunder
3. Tips To Buy Or Hire Outdoor Heater
Author: Jessie Cooper
4. The Failure Reasons Of Automatic Garage Door
Author: Micheal Smith
5. 4 Amazing Tips For Better Lawn Care
Author: Michael Foley
6. Relocation Made Easy And Safe With Professional Moving Company
Author: Michael Holden
7. 6 Simple Tips To Get The Most Attractive Wooden Floors In Sunderland!
Author: Kevin Elliott
8. Add Excitement In The Space By Bringing Readymade Curtains
Author: Tanvi Gupta
9. Chest Of Drawers: The Perfect Piece Of Furniture For Storage And Decor
Author: Wooden Space
10. Top Kitchen Equipment Exporter
11. Diy Low Cost Cleaning Tips Shared By Best Sydney Apartment Cleaner
Author: Lucas Brown
12. Mosaics In Interior Designs
Author: Emily Stone
13. 5 Cheap Tips By Landscaper’s To Increase Value Of House In Inner West
Author: Ammy Hardson
14. Roof Cleaning – Make Your Home Exterior Beautiful
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. Energy Star Windows - Are They Worth It?
Author: Mary Morris