ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How To Divorce Your Spouse -mutual Consent Divorce- Hindu Divorce Law
Total Articles: 7
A mutual consent divorce between Hindu couple is governed by Hindu law (Hindu marriage Act 1955) under section 13B. Section 13B states that a petition for dissolution of marriage may presented by both parties before District court If they are living separately for a period of one or more than one year as they have not been able to cohabitate owning to personal differences and that they have mutually agreed that their marriage should be dissolved
As per section 13B of Hindu marriage act 1955
1. Husband and wife have been living separately for a period of one year or more,
2. That they are unable to live together
3. They are somehow living together under one roof but owning to personal differences and bitterness in relationship, didn’t have sex for more than a year
4. And that both husband and wife have mutually agreed that marriage has totally collapsed, hence marriage should be dissolved.
Under these circumstances a divorce by mutual consent can be filed.
5. A petition should jointly be presented before the court.
6. Both parties have freely consented for dissolution of marriage.
7. The court must be satisfied to the statements made in the petition after making inquiry and hearing the parties.
Statutory law references-
1. Section 13B of the HMA Act 1955 provides for divorce by mutual consent. period of separation is 1 year)
2. Section 28 of the Special Marriage Act, 1954 provides for divorce by mutual consent.
3. Section 10A of the Divorce Act, 1869, provides for divorce by mutual consent (period of separation is 2 years)
1. Soni Kumari Vs. Deepak Kumar 2016(1)RCR(Civil)52 (Supreme court)
2. Devinder Singh Narula Vs. Meenakshi Nangia 2012(4)RCR(Civil)235 (Supreme court)
3. Anil Kumar Jain v. Maya Jain 2009 ( 4 ) RCR (Civil) 309 (Supreme court)
4. Kiran v. Sharad Dutt JT 2000 ( 1 ) SC 532 (Supreme court)
1. Share all the facts related to the marriage with lawyer.
2. Share every document/evidence related to the marriage with your lawyer.
3. Provide details of ‘Streedhan’ , how parties are going to settle it, If already agreed else take help from Lawyer
4. Discuss and settle the important issues such as Alimony amount, child custody and children maintenance before your file for a mutual consent divorce.-IMPORTANT
5. Create MoA (Memorandum of Agreement) along with your spouse and append it with your divorce Petition.
Legal Articles1. Why And How To Choose A Criminal Lawyer In Hawaii For An Appeal?
Author: Steve Cedillos
2. Dallas Accidents Cases Need Not To Be Avoided! Let The Wrong One Suffer
Author: Ted B Lyon
3. Why Radvision World Is The Best Option For Immigration Services?
Author: Radvision World
4. Everything About Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Author: Ladas Law
5. The Significant Role Of Immigration Law Firms In London.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
7. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
8. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
9. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
10. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
11. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
12. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
13. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
14. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
15. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours