ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How To Divorce Your Spouse -mutual Consent Divorce- Hindu Divorce Law
Total Articles: 7
A mutual consent divorce between Hindu couple is governed by Hindu law (Hindu marriage Act 1955) under section 13B. Section 13B states that a petition for dissolution of marriage may presented by both parties before District court If they are living separately for a period of one or more than one year as they have not been able to cohabitate owning to personal differences and that they have mutually agreed that their marriage should be dissolved
As per section 13B of Hindu marriage act 1955
1. Husband and wife have been living separately for a period of one year or more,
2. That they are unable to live together
3. They are somehow living together under one roof but owning to personal differences and bitterness in relationship, didn’t have sex for more than a year
4. And that both husband and wife have mutually agreed that marriage has totally collapsed, hence marriage should be dissolved.
Under these circumstances a divorce by mutual consent can be filed.
5. A petition should jointly be presented before the court.
6. Both parties have freely consented for dissolution of marriage.
7. The court must be satisfied to the statements made in the petition after making inquiry and hearing the parties.
Statutory law references-
1. Section 13B of the HMA Act 1955 provides for divorce by mutual consent. period of separation is 1 year)
2. Section 28 of the Special Marriage Act, 1954 provides for divorce by mutual consent.
3. Section 10A of the Divorce Act, 1869, provides for divorce by mutual consent (period of separation is 2 years)
1. Soni Kumari Vs. Deepak Kumar 2016(1)RCR(Civil)52 (Supreme court)
2. Devinder Singh Narula Vs. Meenakshi Nangia 2012(4)RCR(Civil)235 (Supreme court)
3. Anil Kumar Jain v. Maya Jain 2009 ( 4 ) RCR (Civil) 309 (Supreme court)
4. Kiran v. Sharad Dutt JT 2000 ( 1 ) SC 532 (Supreme court)
1. Share all the facts related to the marriage with lawyer.
2. Share every document/evidence related to the marriage with your lawyer.
3. Provide details of ‘Streedhan’ , how parties are going to settle it, If already agreed else take help from Lawyer
4. Discuss and settle the important issues such as Alimony amount, child custody and children maintenance before your file for a mutual consent divorce.-IMPORTANT
5. Create MoA (Memorandum of Agreement) along with your spouse and append it with your divorce Petition.
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange