ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Co-operative Societies Boost Livelihood Of Indian Farmers
Total Articles: 17
Co-operative societies are a very old concept which is active in almost all the parts of the world. More specifically, a co-operative society is a business organisation which is owned by the people using their services and which is mostly mutually controlled equally by all its members.
These co-operative societies are democratic and voluntary that they recognise some best significant values such as educational, moral and community values. Co-operative societies in India are formed to secure market products, low cost credit, purchase supplies and to secure different services such as insurance, irrigation, finance, electric power and more.
The functionality of co-operative societies is easy to understand. They perform multiple functions which can be summarised in brief as under:
- Providing goods and various services
- Preventing exploitation of the society’s weaker members
- Eliminating the unnecessary middle profits of middlemen in commerce and trade
- Protecting people’s rights as producers and consumers
Furthermore, a co-operative society is an autonomous organisation of people who are happily associated to accomplish their basic requirements and aspirations through a co-operatively owned and democratically controlled organisation. Co-operative societies are active in almost all the countries worldwide and in all the sectors including healthcare, agriculture, credit, finance, marketing, food, etc.
You might be aware of the fact that across the world, there are a number of countries in which agriculture has always been the main source of economic growth. These co-operative societies in India help farmers to solve their financial problems and other difficulties. These organisations work on various principles from which one is – to work for the sustainable development of the community. There are some names of co-operative societies that shine in various sectors - KRIBHCO and IFFCO in the fertiliser sector, some SHGs (Self Help Groups) developed by different organisations have immensely profited their farmer members to enhance their overall income by supporting them in multiple manners.
Suitable Farming Systems (SFS) produce sustainable income and year-round employment through fruits, vegetables, crops and livestock. Some co-operatives like Indian Farm Forestry Development Co-operative Ltd. (IFFDC) take an initiative to go in for Agro Forestry combining different tree plantation such as forest trees, fruit trees and fuel trees in order to improve the overall climate on the wastelands.
Ultimately, this has helped rural ecological resilience and livelihood enhancement among the farmer community. They have been immensely benefitted to increase their efficiency of overall crop productivity and thereby, helped them gain a good profit. Isn’t it a great help to Indian farmers?
Being one of the most renowned and reputed co-operative societies in India, Adarsh Co-Operative Credit Society Ltd. facilitates the best financial products and services to their members. Among all the co-operative societies in India, Adarsh is the most techno-savvy and the most-preferred one.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Why Open An Nri Account?
Author: Samantha Kennedy
2. Commercial Mortgage Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
3. Why Perform A Fundamental Analysis Of A Company?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
4. Open Online Trading Account With The Lowest Brokerage Charges
Author: Krutika Sharma
5. Avail Reliable Tax Return Online Australia Services To Get The Job Done Like Never Before
6. Get Yourself Best Sip Plans For Long Term
Author: Jignesh Shah
7. Equity Linked Saving Schemes (elss)
Author: Tanvi Sherzade
8. Basics Of Mutual Funds
Author: Tanvi Sherzade
9. 5 Most Critical Points On Loans For Unemployed With Bad Credit
Author: Ashley Corn
10. Need Vat Consulting? Get Help From Xcel Accounting
Author: aniket vichare
11. Best Stock Tips Provider In India
Author: deepti jain
12. Avail Professional Online Tax Return Services To Get Best Value For Your Money
13. Buy Financial Services Email List From Demandsteer And Improve Your Sales
14. Thinks You Must Know Before Outsourcing Accounting And Bookkeeping Services
Author: Friso Krahmer
15. 5 Reasons To Study In India
Author: anaya shroff