ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Co-operative Societies Boost Livelihood Of Indian Farmers
Total Articles: 11
Co-operative societies are a very old concept which is active in almost all the parts of the world. More specifically, a co-operative society is a business organisation which is owned by the people using their services and which is mostly mutually controlled equally by all its members.
These co-operative societies are democratic and voluntary that they recognise some best significant values such as educational, moral and community values. Co-operative societies in India are formed to secure market products, low cost credit, purchase supplies and to secure different services such as insurance, irrigation, finance, electric power and more.
The functionality of co-operative societies is easy to understand. They perform multiple functions which can be summarised in brief as under:
- Providing goods and various services
- Preventing exploitation of the society’s weaker members
- Eliminating the unnecessary middle profits of middlemen in commerce and trade
- Protecting people’s rights as producers and consumers
Furthermore, a co-operative society is an autonomous organisation of people who are happily associated to accomplish their basic requirements and aspirations through a co-operatively owned and democratically controlled organisation. Co-operative societies are active in almost all the countries worldwide and in all the sectors including healthcare, agriculture, credit, finance, marketing, food, etc.
You might be aware of the fact that across the world, there are a number of countries in which agriculture has always been the main source of economic growth. These co-operative societies in India help farmers to solve their financial problems and other difficulties. These organisations work on various principles from which one is – to work for the sustainable development of the community. There are some names of co-operative societies that shine in various sectors - KRIBHCO and IFFCO in the fertiliser sector, some SHGs (Self Help Groups) developed by different organisations have immensely profited their farmer members to enhance their overall income by supporting them in multiple manners.
Suitable Farming Systems (SFS) produce sustainable income and year-round employment through fruits, vegetables, crops and livestock. Some co-operatives like Indian Farm Forestry Development Co-operative Ltd. (IFFDC) take an initiative to go in for Agro Forestry combining different tree plantation such as forest trees, fruit trees and fuel trees in order to improve the overall climate on the wastelands.
Ultimately, this has helped rural ecological resilience and livelihood enhancement among the farmer community. They have been immensely benefitted to increase their efficiency of overall crop productivity and thereby, helped them gain a good profit. Isn’t it a great help to Indian farmers?
Being one of the most renowned and reputed co-operative societies in India, Adarsh Co-Operative Credit Society Ltd. facilitates the best financial products and services to their members. Among all the co-operative societies in India, Adarsh is the most techno-savvy and the most-preferred one.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How Bad Credit Loans Work For Better Financial Solutions In The Uk?
Author: Sara James
2. The Free Forex Robot Minimize Risk And Maximize Profits In The Forex Market
3. How The Internet Has Made Money Transfer To India Simple?
4. What Are The Major Advantages Of Bill Discounting India?
5. Best Home Loan Scheme 04433044488 Documents Required For Home Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
6. Algotrade Can Help You Gain Consistent Returns On Forex Trading
7. Did You File Itr For Financial Year 2016-17?
Author: Did You File ITR For Financial Year 2016-17? India
8. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Life Insurance
Author: Sushant ingh
9. Important Aspects Of Banking
Author: Sushant Singh
10. Are You In Need Of Monetary Help For Business Establishment?
Author: John Bairstow
11. Borrowing Commercial Loan Is A Secure Way For Business Owners
Author: John Bairstow
12. The Race To Transform Yourself Into A Profitable Forex Trader
Author: John Arnold
13. House Construction Loan For Bkhata Property Apply 9964563600
Author: House Construction Loan for Bkhata
14. Gst Impact On Mutual Fund Market
15. Klse Market Understanding Before Investing
Author: Multi management and future solutions