ALL >> Movie >> View Article
8 Tips On Effective Dubbing
Total Articles: 12
1) Choose the right microphone :The device through which the speech is being delivered needs to be sensitive and of high quality; the cardioid microphones are preferred over the others.
2) Check for headphone leakages :Before the start of dubbing check if the headphone has set properly or suggest the artist to use over-ear headphones. These precautions should be taken to avoid pilot track leakage. Another tip can be to inform the sequence and character of the movie to the artist who is dubbing.
3) Avoid noises :Ambience noise is one the biggest enemies of effective film dubbing. You may have chosen best post production studios for recording the dialogues but the rustle of dresses, the sound of movements and the whispers can get easily tracked and hence must be avoided.
4) Use the same Studio & Microphone :same environment and same acoustic is suggested for all the dubbing requirements of a movie. The frequent change of dubbing studios can lead to different recording patterns and various kinds of output, which can easily mar the essence of the movie.
5) Don’t change the script :The aim of film dubbing is not to make amendments in the existing script but to improve the quality of sound or speech. If words or dialogues are replaced it may become prominent on the screen and may look out of synchronization with the lip movement of the character.
6) Make it short :Dubbing artists need to rest their voice. Quality dubbing can go upto a maximum of 4 hours and after that the voice sounds tiring. Hence to keep a fresh vibe in the speech, film dubbing should not be stretched to long hours.
7) Synchronize with lip movements :This is crucial to hide the fact that film dubbing has been done. It really looks odd when you see the movie and find that the lip movements are not matching with the dialogue delivery pace.
8) Consult a third party :If you are a sound recordist consult the director or vice versa to confirm that the dubbing has been done in the best way. The movie production house is always in a hurry to release the movie but the same should not let you avoid the process of review and retest.
Subtitling and film dubbing are two primary side-parts that a movie production house must look-into to provide a smooth movie experience to the spectators. Make proper arrangements so that dubbing just not makes the sound tracks clear but adds life to the movie.
Movie Articles1. A Sneak Peek Into 'shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana'
Author: Mohit Kapoor
2. How To Download Music And Video From The Internet To Your Pc From Any Site In Any Browser
Author: Natalia Brown
3. Meilleur Site Streaming Allows You To Watch Movies Online With Ease
4. What Do I Need To Watch Free Online Movies?
Author: Movie Counter
5. Atlanta Video Production – What To Expect From Professional Video Shooting Services?
Author: Atlanta Video Production, Professional video Shoot
6. Nei India Undying Endeavor To Turn Young Talents To Virtuosos!
Author: BOBBY BOSE
7. 'the Mummy': Welcome To The "new" World Of Gods And Monsters
Author: Grace Anderson
8. Difference Between Colour Correction & Colour Grading
Author: Satyam Raj
9. Tips On Low-budget Filmmaking
Author: Satyam Raj
10. Advantage Of Watching Films
11. Steps Performed While Downloading Movies Files
12. How You Can Get Latest Bollywood Movies?
13. Importance Of Music Videos
14. How Internet Is Helpful For Entertainment
15. Marathi Cinema