ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
The Benefits Of Sun Salutation || Yoga Teacher Training In India
Total Articles: 4
Surya namaskar or sun salutation is a gesture of showing gratitude to the sun. It is a set of 12 yoga asanas which bring your body, breath, and mind together. When performed in the morning, it revitalizes your body and refreshes your mind, leaves you feeling energetic throughout the course of the day. The postures can help you unwind when you perform them in the evening. Well-known yoga expert Sunaina Rekhi says, ‘the cyclic movements of Surya namaskar with its controlled breathing, back bends, forward bends, invigorating and calming postures offers many health benefits.’
1. Help lose weight
Sunaina says, ‘when done at a fast pace, Surya Namaskar can give you an excellent cardiovascular workout helping you to lose weight.’ The postures will help stretch your abdominal muscles while helping you shed pounds around your belly. The movements will also help in improving your metabolism.
2. Helps strengthen muscles and joints
Surya Namaskar offers you a good way to stretch and strengthen your muscles, joints, ligament, as well as the skeletal system. The movements can also help improve the flexibility of your spine. When you perform the postures, your limbs become symmetrical helping your internal vital organs to function better.
3. Gives glowing skin
Surya namaskar improves your blood circulation that aids in bringing back the glow on your face; preventing the onset of wrinkles, making your skin look ageless and radiant.
4. Ensures a better functioning digestive system
The sun salutation will help in the smooth running of your digestive system. These yoga poses will help increase the blood flow to your digestive tract resulting in better functioning of the intestines. The forward bend pose will help increase your abdomen space which will aid in releasing the trapped gasses from your system.
5. Helps cope with insomnia
You can improve your sleeping patterns by the practice of Surya namaskar. The asanas will help calm your mind, giving you a good night’s sleep. This will ensure that you do not resort to drugs to give you a restful sleep.
6. Ensures regular menstrual cycle
Surya Namaskar can also be beneficial for women who are suffering from irregular menstrual cycles as it helps regulate it. Regular practice of the movements can also help in easy childbirth.
7. Brings down blood sugar levels
According to our expert, the movements of the sun salutation also aid in bringing down your blood sugar levels and help keep heart diseases at bay.
8. Keeps anxiety at bay
It helps improve your memory and nervous system and also helps calm you down and get rid of anxiety. It normalizes the activity of the endocrine glands, especially the thyroid gland.
Visit our website to know more about us: www.sushilyoga.com
Fitness Articles1. Best Treatment For Depression In Delhi
Author: Ranjeet Choudhary
2. Knowing Some Of The Health Benefits Of Bodybuilding Supplements
Author: Rishabh Singh
3. Top 2 Tips For Buying A New Home Gym
Author: Nathan Crowley
Author: pradnya nagrare
5. Are You Staying Safe While Exercising?
6. Fitness Leggings Store Is The Best Venue To Get The Best Deal On Quality Leggings For Women!
Author: Peter Smith
7. Echte Eiwit-geteste Mutantmantra
8. Sports Massage: An Easy Way To Get On Your Feet Sooner After Any Major Accident
Author: Holly Coane
9. Rejuvenate Your Life By Using Authentic Ayurvedic Medication And Therapies
Author: Pog Radisson
10. Make Your Life Healthier And Free Of Stress By Applying Traditional Acupuncture
Author: Seth Aslatt
11. Heal To Unwind With Therapeutic Massage In Boronia!
Author: Gil Parquet
12. Muscle Mass Gainer Supplements For You
Author: Priya Arya
13. Easy Knee Exercise That All Should Do
14. The Final Solution To Win A Woman’s Heart Lies In A Sensual Massage
Author: Leona Miller
15. Shedding Away Those Extra Holiday Pounds
Author: Personal Beauty Wellness