ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
The Benefits Of Sun Salutation || Yoga Teacher Training In India
Total Articles: 7
Surya namaskar or sun salutation is a gesture of showing gratitude to the sun. It is a set of 12 yoga asanas which bring your body, breath, and mind together. When performed in the morning, it revitalizes your body and refreshes your mind, leaves you feeling energetic throughout the course of the day. The postures can help you unwind when you perform them in the evening. Well-known yoga expert Sunaina Rekhi says, ‘the cyclic movements of Surya namaskar with its controlled breathing, back bends, forward bends, invigorating and calming postures offers many health benefits.’
1. Help lose weight
Sunaina says, ‘when done at a fast pace, Surya Namaskar can give you an excellent cardiovascular workout helping you to lose weight.’ The postures will help stretch your abdominal muscles while helping you shed pounds around your belly. The movements will also help in improving your metabolism.
2. Helps strengthen muscles and joints
Surya Namaskar offers you a good way to stretch and strengthen your muscles, joints, ligament, as well as the skeletal system. The movements can also help improve the flexibility of your spine. When you perform the postures, your limbs become symmetrical helping your internal vital organs to function better.
3. Gives glowing skin
Surya namaskar improves your blood circulation that aids in bringing back the glow on your face; preventing the onset of wrinkles, making your skin look ageless and radiant.
4. Ensures a better functioning digestive system
The sun salutation will help in the smooth running of your digestive system. These yoga poses will help increase the blood flow to your digestive tract resulting in better functioning of the intestines. The forward bend pose will help increase your abdomen space which will aid in releasing the trapped gasses from your system.
5. Helps cope with insomnia
You can improve your sleeping patterns by the practice of Surya namaskar. The asanas will help calm your mind, giving you a good night’s sleep. This will ensure that you do not resort to drugs to give you a restful sleep.
6. Ensures regular menstrual cycle
Surya Namaskar can also be beneficial for women who are suffering from irregular menstrual cycles as it helps regulate it. Regular practice of the movements can also help in easy childbirth.
7. Brings down blood sugar levels
According to our expert, the movements of the sun salutation also aid in bringing down your blood sugar levels and help keep heart diseases at bay.
8. Keeps anxiety at bay
It helps improve your memory and nervous system and also helps calm you down and get rid of anxiety. It normalizes the activity of the endocrine glands, especially the thyroid gland.
Visit our website to know more about us: www.sushilyoga.com
Fitness Articles1. Xeloda 500 Mg
2. Use Best Fitness Tracker, Fitness Band While Doing Fitness Activities
Author: Tanjni Pache
3. 6 Amazing Reasons To Get A Cross Trainer
Author: Nathan Crowley
4. New Mom’s Workout Regime
5. The Populace Is Facing Serious Problem With Obesity And Needs To Look Into It
Author: Ben Nixon
6. Pose Of The Month: Bhujangasana
Author: Louise Franklin
7. Meditation On The Go: Breathe, Pause, Notice
Author: Teresa Hazzard
8. Yin Yoga: A Yoga Observe Every Athlete Ought To Adopt
Author: Carolyn Case
9. Water And Yoga: However And When To Hydrate
Author: Katherine Austin
10. Master The Art Of Lifting Your Body Above Ground With The Help Of A Pole
Author: Spencer Holden
11. How To Use Yoga To Accomplish Your New Year’s Resolutions
Author: Ruth Golden
12. 3 Physical Rehabilitation Tips To Minimize Pain In The Back
Author: Jordan Smith
13. Natural Treatment To Ensure Family’s Robust Health
Author: Maria Gini
14. Why Yoga Teacher Training In Thailand?
Author: Yoga Retreat in Thailand
15. Knowing These Secrets Will Make Your Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Look Amazing
Author: Dave Woods