ALL >> Health >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Chemo Wigs!
Total Articles: 10
If you are undergoing chemo therapy or one of your loved ones is then you need to know some basic things about hair loss and when is the best time to own a wig or to offer wigs for chemo patients. The hair usually falls 15-20 days after the first chemotherapy injection or 15-20 days after your first session of rays (if your doctor has told you that there will be hair loss with your treatment of course). This fall does not happen in one day but gradually and the more the days pass the more it shows. We strongly advise you to anticipate the choice of your wig and your scarves to reassure you. So you will not find yourself in the urgency of choosing a wig that is not really tailored to your lifestyle.
In certain cases where the patient might go into depression after hair loss is it recommended to shave the hair from the beginning of the fall and to avoid this unpleasant period that can last several days. Be careful; use an electrical hair clipper and not a razor to avoid cutting the skin of the scalp, which is very fine, especially during this time when your immune defences are low. The loss of hair (and other hair) is due to the fact that, like cancer cells, hair follicle cells divide rapidly and the chemotherapy acting on these cells, results in hair loss and fall. You can also lose eyelashes, eyebrows, pubic hair and for men the hair of the beard.
After having chosen your Wigs for Chemo Patients (which usually your hairdresser will help you with) you need to know how to maintain it properly. The enemy of a wig is the high heat (over 70 °). To keep your wig in good condition, it is forbidden to dry it with a hair dryer. For washing you need a basin, a shampoo suitable for synthetic fibres and cold water. We recommend washing the wig once a week for a daily wear, i.e. several hours a day. This is an average. You can adjust the washing frequency according to use and season. Here are the steps to follow:
• Mix 1 litre of water with the value of a tablespoon of shampoo. Turn your wig over. Immerse your wig and gently wash a dozen times. Leave for 15 min.
• Rinse by changing the water from the basin and then back again the hair side wig for the last rinse.
• Place your hair prosthesis in a sponge towel and leave it for a few minutes then shake.
• Place your wig on the folding stand. Allow to dry naturally without detangling and without heat source.
• Once dry, gently brush your hair by passing the finger to give it a natural effect and place it on your head.
• Do not hesitate to brush regularly to disentangle.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important