ALL >> Health >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Chemo Wigs!
Total Articles: 10
If you are undergoing chemo therapy or one of your loved ones is then you need to know some basic things about hair loss and when is the best time to own a wig or to offer wigs for chemo patients. The hair usually falls 15-20 days after the first chemotherapy injection or 15-20 days after your first session of rays (if your doctor has told you that there will be hair loss with your treatment of course). This fall does not happen in one day but gradually and the more the days pass the more it shows. We strongly advise you to anticipate the choice of your wig and your scarves to reassure you. So you will not find yourself in the urgency of choosing a wig that is not really tailored to your lifestyle.
In certain cases where the patient might go into depression after hair loss is it recommended to shave the hair from the beginning of the fall and to avoid this unpleasant period that can last several days. Be careful; use an electrical hair clipper and not a razor to avoid cutting the skin of the scalp, which is very fine, especially during this time when your immune defences are low. The loss of hair (and other hair) is due to the fact that, like cancer cells, hair follicle cells divide rapidly and the chemotherapy acting on these cells, results in hair loss and fall. You can also lose eyelashes, eyebrows, pubic hair and for men the hair of the beard.
After having chosen your Wigs for Chemo Patients (which usually your hairdresser will help you with) you need to know how to maintain it properly. The enemy of a wig is the high heat (over 70 °). To keep your wig in good condition, it is forbidden to dry it with a hair dryer. For washing you need a basin, a shampoo suitable for synthetic fibres and cold water. We recommend washing the wig once a week for a daily wear, i.e. several hours a day. This is an average. You can adjust the washing frequency according to use and season. Here are the steps to follow:
• Mix 1 litre of water with the value of a tablespoon of shampoo. Turn your wig over. Immerse your wig and gently wash a dozen times. Leave for 15 min.
• Rinse by changing the water from the basin and then back again the hair side wig for the last rinse.
• Place your hair prosthesis in a sponge towel and leave it for a few minutes then shake.
• Place your wig on the folding stand. Allow to dry naturally without detangling and without heat source.
• Once dry, gently brush your hair by passing the finger to give it a natural effect and place it on your head.
• Do not hesitate to brush regularly to disentangle.
Health Articles1. Nutritious Food - Some Smart And Healthy Foods To Stay Fit
Author: Vidya Jayaram
2. Best Hair Transplant In Odisha.
Author: Aesthetica Clinics
3. Using Ultrasound To Assess Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
4. Tips To Find A Top Quality Hospital For Your Maternal Care
Author: James Stevenson
5. 3 Organic Oils For Massage That Rejuvenates Your Soul!
Author: Bryan Loo
6. Choose The Right Mattress For Sound Sleep.
7. Dme Billing Software To Automate Your Dme Billing
8. Huge Quantity Of Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Things You Need To Know When Buying Water Ionizer
Author: Hydrate Global
10. What Things To Expect When Looking For Infertility Treatments
11. Benefits Of Psychotherapy Treatments
12. How To Handle Teen Anger Management At Home
13. Going Back To Stress Management Basics
14. Dealing With Anxiety Disorders - What Is Best For You?
15. Controlling Stress By Cultivating Top Management Tips