ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
4 Common Plumbing Repairs
Total Articles: 41
When you buy a house, it’s a good idea to have a list of service providers to call when there’s a problem in the building. A heating and air conditioning contractor could help when temperatures become uncomfortable while an electrician can install a specialized outlet for a dryer or other large appliance. One of the most important contractors to have on standby is a plumber, as damage from water leaks can be quite significant. Here are four of the most common reasons why you might need to arrange plumbing repair services in Athens or other cities.
Your home’s drains can handle quite a lot, but there are some things that should never enter this part of your plumbing system. From cooking grease and potato peels to hair and other substances, it’s very easy for a clog to develop inside your pipes. If you notice a drain that’s slow to empty or a smell wafting up from your sink or shower, you could be suffering from a blockage. It’s important to address this situation as soon as possible before it causes a pipe to burst or backs things up to the point where there’s flooding.
Kitchen and bathroom faucets regulate the liquid that gets dispensed, and you’re eliminating waste when they’re working properly. While a drip might seem like a harmless annoyance, you could be wasting hundreds of gallons of water every year if you allow it to continue. Fixing this problem is usually a simple matter of replacing a cartridge in the unit, but it’s a good idea to have a professional handle the work so you can avoid causing additional damage. A mere slip of a screwdriver or errant pull of the wrench could necessitate more significant plumbing repair services in Athens.
Water Heater Replacement
You expect to have hot liquid when you turn on your faucet, but what do you do if it remains cold? Your heating unit is only designed to last for a decade, and any years beyond that mark are basically borrowed time. If you have any type of sediment in your municipal water supply, this can shorten this appliance’s life even more. Some symptoms of a heater that’s about to fail include rust around the base of the tank, loud rumbling noises and decreased pressure from its output.
Much like a leaky faucet, a running toilet can waste water, but it can be in even more significant quantities. If you take off the lid of your toilet’s tank, you’ll see a few different components that make the device operate properly. The flapper valve creates a tight seal between the reservoir and the bowl, and the floater shuts off the flow of fresh water once it reaches a certain level. If either piece is malfunctioning, the liquid will continue to run and lead to waste or overflowing.
Call a Plumber
These are just four of the most common plumbing repair services in Athens or any other city, but there are plenty of other jobs that your plumber can handle. Don’t risk structural damage to your home by letting a water issue go unaddressed.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi