ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
4 Common Plumbing Repairs
Total Articles: 43
When you buy a house, it’s a good idea to have a list of service providers to call when there’s a problem in the building. A heating and air conditioning contractor could help when temperatures become uncomfortable while an electrician can install a specialized outlet for a dryer or other large appliance. One of the most important contractors to have on standby is a plumber, as damage from water leaks can be quite significant. Here are four of the most common reasons why you might need to arrange plumbing repair services in Athens or other cities.
Your home’s drains can handle quite a lot, but there are some things that should never enter this part of your plumbing system. From cooking grease and potato peels to hair and other substances, it’s very easy for a clog to develop inside your pipes. If you notice a drain that’s slow to empty or a smell wafting up from your sink or shower, you could be suffering from a blockage. It’s important to address this situation as soon as possible before it causes a pipe to burst or backs things up to the point where there’s flooding.
Kitchen and bathroom faucets regulate the liquid that gets dispensed, and you’re eliminating waste when they’re working properly. While a drip might seem like a harmless annoyance, you could be wasting hundreds of gallons of water every year if you allow it to continue. Fixing this problem is usually a simple matter of replacing a cartridge in the unit, but it’s a good idea to have a professional handle the work so you can avoid causing additional damage. A mere slip of a screwdriver or errant pull of the wrench could necessitate more significant plumbing repair services in Athens.
Water Heater Replacement
You expect to have hot liquid when you turn on your faucet, but what do you do if it remains cold? Your heating unit is only designed to last for a decade, and any years beyond that mark are basically borrowed time. If you have any type of sediment in your municipal water supply, this can shorten this appliance’s life even more. Some symptoms of a heater that’s about to fail include rust around the base of the tank, loud rumbling noises and decreased pressure from its output.
Much like a leaky faucet, a running toilet can waste water, but it can be in even more significant quantities. If you take off the lid of your toilet’s tank, you’ll see a few different components that make the device operate properly. The flapper valve creates a tight seal between the reservoir and the bowl, and the floater shuts off the flow of fresh water once it reaches a certain level. If either piece is malfunctioning, the liquid will continue to run and lead to waste or overflowing.
Call a Plumber
These are just four of the most common plumbing repair services in Athens or any other city, but there are plenty of other jobs that your plumber can handle. Don’t risk structural damage to your home by letting a water issue go unaddressed.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett