ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
4 Common Plumbing Repairs
Total Articles: 69
When you buy a house, it’s a good idea to have a list of service providers to call when there’s a problem in the building. A heating and air conditioning contractor could help when temperatures become uncomfortable while an electrician can install a specialized outlet for a dryer or other large appliance. One of the most important contractors to have on standby is a plumber, as damage from water leaks can be quite significant. Here are four of the most common reasons why you might need to arrange plumbing repair services in Athens or other cities.
Your home’s drains can handle quite a lot, but there are some things that should never enter this part of your plumbing system. From cooking grease and potato peels to hair and other substances, it’s very easy for a clog to develop inside your pipes. If you notice a drain that’s slow to empty or a smell wafting up from your sink or shower, you could be suffering from a blockage. It’s important to address this situation as soon as possible before it causes a pipe to burst or backs things up to the point where there’s flooding.
Kitchen and bathroom faucets regulate the liquid that gets dispensed, and you’re eliminating waste when they’re working properly. While a drip might seem like a harmless annoyance, you could be wasting hundreds of gallons of water every year if you allow it to continue. Fixing this problem is usually a simple matter of replacing a cartridge in the unit, but it’s a good idea to have a professional handle the work so you can avoid causing additional damage. A mere slip of a screwdriver or errant pull of the wrench could necessitate more significant plumbing repair services in Athens.
Water Heater Replacement
You expect to have hot liquid when you turn on your faucet, but what do you do if it remains cold? Your heating unit is only designed to last for a decade, and any years beyond that mark are basically borrowed time. If you have any type of sediment in your municipal water supply, this can shorten this appliance’s life even more. Some symptoms of a heater that’s about to fail include rust around the base of the tank, loud rumbling noises and decreased pressure from its output.
Much like a leaky faucet, a running toilet can waste water, but it can be in even more significant quantities. If you take off the lid of your toilet’s tank, you’ll see a few different components that make the device operate properly. The flapper valve creates a tight seal between the reservoir and the bowl, and the floater shuts off the flow of fresh water once it reaches a certain level. If either piece is malfunctioning, the liquid will continue to run and lead to waste or overflowing.
Call a Plumber
These are just four of the most common plumbing repair services in Athens or any other city, but there are plenty of other jobs that your plumber can handle. Don’t risk structural damage to your home by letting a water issue go unaddressed.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden