ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top 5 Enemies Of Your Rugs And Carpets
Total Articles: 157
To make sure that your most expensive or newly bought carpet stays in a pristine condition for many decades, then you need to do something about it right now.
For all their quality, strength and durability, oriental carpets are still powerless against various common issues that can reduce the life expectancy of their fibres, colours and patterns. Remember, “Prevention is better than cure” and this statement goes well with carpet care.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 enemies of carpets that can destroy them completely.
1. Water, Dampness And Moisture
A standout among the most harming components for oriental carpets is long and high exposure to water or continuous dampness. Even though water is utilised to clean woollen mats, apart from becoming a breeding house of insects, extreme exposure to water can really spoil the fibres of the floor covering whether they are made of cotton, wool, silk or any other material. To prevent growth of mould or mildew on a floor covering, it should be totally and appropriately dripped and air dried after washing is completed to ensure that no dampness is left behind.
Another widely recognised and most harming thing for floor coverings is the growth of creepy insects like moths and beetles. Are you witnessing moths flying everywhere in your house? Then, they either have come from outside or thriving right inside your house, especially at damp places. Carpet beetles are quite common in houses where carpets aren’t cleaned occasionally. So, you need to take step about it and ensure that cleaning is performed on regular basis.
3. Pets At Your Home
Australians simply adore their pets! But, when the pets (puppies & kittens) are young, they have a habit of chewing and scratching every surface, especially carpets. They spend most of their time on ground and here it means rugs. You need to ensure that your pets don’t ruin your expensive carpets. Just be a bit more active and you can keep them away from your rugs.
4. Extreme Exposure to Ultraviolet Light
There’s no doubt that we get endless benefits from sun, but we all need to be cautious when it comes to skin exposure. Similarly, we also need to stay extra careful for our carpets as well. Antique floor coverings made by using quality and natural dye will start fading if left in direct exposure of harmful ultraviolet lights for many hours. You need to either cut down the intensity of the carpets or rotate them occasionally.
If something is spilled on your mat, it's crucial to act quickly! Try not to wait as the spill can be assimilated into the fabric strands, and may become extremely difficult to remove after it dries out. You need to blot the spill immediately and clean it quickly. If the spill is of items like red wine, paint or grease etc. then you must call a professional carpet cleaning Inner West based company that can deal with the stubborn stains effectively.
Home and Garden Articles1. Different Types Of Automatic Garage Door Openers And Their Safety Measure
Author: Micheal Smith
2. Starting A Gardening Business Franchise In Australia – Pros Or Cons
Author: Phil Maunder
3. Tips To Buy Or Hire Outdoor Heater
Author: Jessie Cooper
4. The Failure Reasons Of Automatic Garage Door
Author: Micheal Smith
5. 4 Amazing Tips For Better Lawn Care
Author: Michael Foley
6. Relocation Made Easy And Safe With Professional Moving Company
Author: Michael Holden
7. 6 Simple Tips To Get The Most Attractive Wooden Floors In Sunderland!
Author: Kevin Elliott
8. Add Excitement In The Space By Bringing Readymade Curtains
Author: Tanvi Gupta
9. Chest Of Drawers: The Perfect Piece Of Furniture For Storage And Decor
Author: Wooden Space
10. Top Kitchen Equipment Exporter
11. Diy Low Cost Cleaning Tips Shared By Best Sydney Apartment Cleaner
Author: Lucas Brown
12. Mosaics In Interior Designs
Author: Emily Stone
13. 5 Cheap Tips By Landscaper’s To Increase Value Of House In Inner West
Author: Ammy Hardson
14. Roof Cleaning – Make Your Home Exterior Beautiful
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. Energy Star Windows - Are They Worth It?
Author: Mary Morris