ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top 5 Enemies Of Your Rugs And Carpets
Total Articles: 164
To make sure that your most expensive or newly bought carpet stays in a pristine condition for many decades, then you need to do something about it right now.
For all their quality, strength and durability, oriental carpets are still powerless against various common issues that can reduce the life expectancy of their fibres, colours and patterns. Remember, “Prevention is better than cure” and this statement goes well with carpet care.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 enemies of carpets that can destroy them completely.
1. Water, Dampness And Moisture
A standout among the most harming components for oriental carpets is long and high exposure to water or continuous dampness. Even though water is utilised to clean woollen mats, apart from becoming a breeding house of insects, extreme exposure to water can really spoil the fibres of the floor covering whether they are made of cotton, wool, silk or any other material. To prevent growth of mould or mildew on a floor covering, it should be totally and appropriately dripped and air dried after washing is completed to ensure that no dampness is left behind.
Another widely recognised and most harming thing for floor coverings is the growth of creepy insects like moths and beetles. Are you witnessing moths flying everywhere in your house? Then, they either have come from outside or thriving right inside your house, especially at damp places. Carpet beetles are quite common in houses where carpets aren’t cleaned occasionally. So, you need to take step about it and ensure that cleaning is performed on regular basis.
3. Pets At Your Home
Australians simply adore their pets! But, when the pets (puppies & kittens) are young, they have a habit of chewing and scratching every surface, especially carpets. They spend most of their time on ground and here it means rugs. You need to ensure that your pets don’t ruin your expensive carpets. Just be a bit more active and you can keep them away from your rugs.
4. Extreme Exposure to Ultraviolet Light
There’s no doubt that we get endless benefits from sun, but we all need to be cautious when it comes to skin exposure. Similarly, we also need to stay extra careful for our carpets as well. Antique floor coverings made by using quality and natural dye will start fading if left in direct exposure of harmful ultraviolet lights for many hours. You need to either cut down the intensity of the carpets or rotate them occasionally.
If something is spilled on your mat, it's crucial to act quickly! Try not to wait as the spill can be assimilated into the fabric strands, and may become extremely difficult to remove after it dries out. You need to blot the spill immediately and clean it quickly. If the spill is of items like red wine, paint or grease etc. then you must call a professional carpet cleaning Inner West based company that can deal with the stubborn stains effectively.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma