ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Upper Dolpo Trekking – Simply Picturesque
Total Articles: 6
Upper Dolpo has been referred to as the last enclave of pure Tibetan culture with the landscape and Buddhist religion of this region more like Tibet in pre Chinese times than of the rest of Nepal. This region has a vast and rugged landscape inhabited by a hardy, enterprising folk who live in some of the highest villages in the world.
Upper Dolpo is a culturally Tibetan region in West Nepal and during the course of the trek you will visit many Buddhist and Bönpo (shamanistic pre Buddhist) monasteries. Up until 1996 foreigners were not allowed access to this region so the culture has largely been unaffected by tourism. Of particular interest is Shey Gompa, this is revered as one of most important in Upper Dolpo where twice a year pilgrims make a kora (or circuit) of Crystal Mountain known as a younger brother of Mount Kailash in Tibet.
Trekking in Nepal’s far-western Upper Dolpo region takes you into one of the most remote areas of the Himalaya. Dolpo is a paradise unexplored. Nature rewards this isolated western part of Nepal with exceedingly amazing landscapes and serene beauty that resemble the ones of Roof of the world- Tibet. At places the beauty of Dolpo by far surpasses the striking views people get to behold in Tibet. Explore Dolpo a company that solely targets to bring trekkers of around the globe to Dolpo and its neighboring region undoubtedly is the expert of treks in Dolpo.
Upper Dolpo Trekking route is a remote and unspoiled area near the Tibetan border of Nepal. Only in the late eighties it opened for trekkers. It passes through beautiful valleys, interesting places, local settlements, gigantic mountains and greenery forest of pines, Rhododendrons, Oaks etc. The main highlights of the trek is an ancients, spectacular landscapes, mesmerizing Shey Phoksundo lake, isolated villages of Ringmo and the centuries old monasteries. Phoksundo is the deepest lake of Nepal with its 145m depth according to a survey by the Department of Hydrology and Meteorology. Such like centuries old Buddhist monasteries (which is known as Shey Gompa) wildlife, pristine lake, soaring peaks and peoples lifestyle of least develop region are also another attraction of the trek. Here is a holy mountain called “Crystal Mountain” that is why, each year hundreds of pilgrims travelers visit upper Dolpo region and make a circuit of the mountain.
Find useful information about more popular trekking options such as Manaslu Base Camp Trekking and Upper Mustang Trekking and Annapurna circuit trekking online. There nothing more fun like trekking in a wilder land.
Netpack Tours & Travels is a Nepal-based agency it offers adventure travel trips in Nepal I Bhutan I India I Mt. Kailash& Tibet.In this articles it writes about Upper Dolpo Trekking and Upper Mustang Trekking.To know more information about tour and trek visit at www.netpacktours.com
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe