ALL >> Health >> View Article
Different Ways To Mask Bad Breath
Total Articles: 93
Halitosis, more popularly known as bad breath, can happen to anyone for several reasons. It can be caused by eating certain food items like garlic or onions or failing to stay hydrated. It can also be a product of failing to properly brush or floss, or certain health conditions or medications. The best way to treat halitosis is to determine the root cause and fix it. In the meantime, though, there are certain fixes to mask it and avoid the embarrassment of being with other people.
Best Foods for Halitosis
Just as there are certain foods that can trigger halitosis, there are also food items that can mask it. Because saliva can wash away bacteria, eating foods that stimulate saliva production can help. Foods that contain antioxidants are also natural fighters of oral bacteria, helping neutralize and bad odors.
• Fruits – Berries, melons and oranges have high vitamin C content that fight oral bacteria and strengthen the immune system. They prevent halitosis and gum disease that cause bad breath.
• Vegetables – Cucumber, carrots, celery and other crunchy vegetables stimulate the production of saliva that will naturally wash away halitosis-causing bacteria.
• Green Tea – Green tea is rich with a compound called catechin, an antioxidant that is effective in warding off oral bacteria.
• Yogurt – Yogurt contains live culture that can battle digestive bacteria that might be causing halitosis. This is true only to yogurt with live cultures and minimal sugar and additives.
• Nuts – Because of their crunchy texture, nuts stimulate the production of saliva. They also have an abrasive effect on the teeth, removing any sticky bacteria.
Other Halitosis Cures
Practicing good oral health, paired with a healthy diet, remain to be the best way to mask bad breath. When done properly and regularly, it can even cure it. Brush your teeth twice daily and floss regularly. Also, do not forget to drink lots of water throughout the day to keep you hydrated. You might also want to consider using advanced oral care products and procedures that can fight bacteria and eliminate your halitosis problem.
Although the tips above have been proven to help mask bad breath, it would still be a wise decision to get yourself checked by a health professional to determine the exact cause of your unpleasant condition. If you have this problem, a visit to reputable and qualified dentist can tell you what is causing it and how you can permanently get rid of it.
About D. Dental:
D. Dental offers top of the line dental services in Castle Hills that are guaranteed to be efficient, affordable and pain-free. With the number one dentist in Castle Hills, Lewisville, The Colony and Carrollton, Dr. Ryan Daniel will bring gentle oral care to the entire family.
Health Articles1. Nutritious Food - Some Smart And Healthy Foods To Stay Fit
Author: Vidya Jayaram
2. Best Hair Transplant In Odisha.
Author: Aesthetica Clinics
3. Using Ultrasound To Assess Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
4. Tips To Find A Top Quality Hospital For Your Maternal Care
Author: James Stevenson
5. 3 Organic Oils For Massage That Rejuvenates Your Soul!
Author: Bryan Loo
6. Choose The Right Mattress For Sound Sleep.
7. Dme Billing Software To Automate Your Dme Billing
8. Huge Quantity Of Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Things You Need To Know When Buying Water Ionizer
Author: Hydrate Global
10. What Things To Expect When Looking For Infertility Treatments
11. Benefits Of Psychotherapy Treatments
12. How To Handle Teen Anger Management At Home
13. Going Back To Stress Management Basics
14. Dealing With Anxiety Disorders - What Is Best For You?
15. Controlling Stress By Cultivating Top Management Tips