ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
What’s A Kippah & The Spiritual Beliefs Behind It?
Total Articles: 33
A Kippah is the Hebrew word for skullcap & known as Yarmulke in Yiddish. A Kippah is actually a slender rounded skullcap worn by Jewish boys and men and sometimes worn by both males and females in Conservative & Reform communities. As per Jewish law men are needed to cover up their skulls while chanting god’s name or reciting a blessing.
The origin of the ritual to put on a Kippah is in the Talmud which is the main text for Jewish law ethics & customs. As per the Talmud in the chapter dealing with Shabbat it says: Cover your head so that the fear of heaven maybe upon you. That’s the reason that Jewish boys and men putting on the Kippahs, however from Talmud and Biblical perspective there’s no strict obligation to put on a Kippah and if so the Talmud needed to do that only during the time of a prayer.
Another justification for wearing a Kippah is specified by the Kabbalistic Hassidic tradition that states that we Jewish people cover our skull like the God is protecting us with his holy palm. There’re some more explanation for putting on a Kippah like reorganization of the Jewish people and a statement that “God is above all mankind”.
There is no restriction to the way that a Kippah must be designed and there are many types of Kippahs available in the market including Suede kippahs, velvet kippahs, and satin kippahs among others. The Hassidic & more religious Jewish wear black velvet Kippahs, the bmain & middle of the orthodox stream put on knitted Kippahs and satin white kippahs are for weddings and holidays.
There’s a difference between the tradition of women in the Reform & Conservative communities to put on a kippah like the males and the Jewish custom of married women to be with their skulls covered. This tradition for females comes from an absolute diverse source that a married woman must always cover her skull to sustain her modesty.
Today you can easily come across a wide range of modern kippahs that are suitable to wear on different special occasions. Regardless the occasions you can find a kippah that best suit your needs. You can even personalize your kippah according to the theme of your special occasion. Furthermore, online kippahs are now readily available for a host of special occasions such as wedding, Bar Mitzvahs, Bat Mitzvahs, sporting events and special holidays.
Sam Freedam is sale Manager at Kippahs Your Way.He is passionate to writting Content in Kippahs Products.In this Articles he writes about Suede kippahs and satin kippahs.To know more information visit at www.kippahsyourway.com
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Significance Of On The Web Flower Delivery Store!
Author: Magdalene Munter
2. Skagen X Playtype Signatur Quartz Skw6412 Men’s Watch
Author: Jasson C
3. The Astute 40-inch Smart Tv Your Home Needs
4. Home Office Furniture In Newcastle: Tips On Purchasing
Author: Homeworld Furniture
5. Seiko Automatic Ssa232k1 Ssa232k Ssa232 Mens Watch
Author: Jasson C
6. Citizen Quartz Ag8332-56a Men's Watch: A Serious Look With Useful Functions
Author: Jasson C
7. How To Choose The Right Wholesale Liquidation Merchandise
Author: John Louis
8. Shoe Shades For Every Season
Author: Dan Zapatka
9. Diversions Disappear With Soccer Shin Guards
Author: Sahah Chan
10. Stuhrling Original Executive Automatic Skeleton Black Leather 133.33152 Mens Watch
Author: Adam D
11. Planning A Party With Just Frozen Foods? Read This
Author: Gracia Smith
12. Camping Gear Stores Online Sale The High Quality Camping And Hiking Gears!
Author: Peter Smith
13. Match Your Dress Appropriately With The Watch That Is Consummated For Each Other
Author: Ronald Lee
14. Importance Of Having The Right Shoe Cabinet
15. Flowers And Cake Delivery In Dubai, The Best Option To Have Fun On Every Occasion!
Author: ayaz Butt