ALL >> Environment >> View Article
"using Plastic Is Harmful To The Environment- Be Ecological"
Total Articles: 23
Plastic which was once known for its good has now turned into an ill to our environment. Plastic can be found almost everywhere in the universe. In the beginning of its invention, no one worried about the demerits of using plastic just because it was affordable and can be used for many purposes from packaging to piping. Before discovering the harmful effects of plastic to human health and environment it got acquired a large space in the earth. Plastic is with us from years and it has even reached the earth crust in the form of waste.
Anything we use should not cross its limits. But it happened in the case of plastic. It was found later that it takes thousands of years to break down the plastic particles. Plastic entered into food chains from animals who consumed plastics as a part of their food. It was found to be non-degradable and toxic even for plants. In order to reduce the ill caused from the usage of plastic for centuries, eco-friendly ideas started coming up among the people. Nowadays you can see so many measures been taken up both by the government and individuals regarding the stoppage of plastic use and finding a better alternative. There are good alternatives available with Greenhandle for plastic, where you can find almost everything which is non-hazardous and eco-friendly.
Why Is Plastic Dangerous?
Though plastic is a convenient material to be used for packaging food etc., they take a very long time to get degraded into the soil. It is so toxic that it is killing our environment slowly because of the following features of them.
• Plastic breaks slowly after disposal. Along with that, it carries toxic contents like BPA, phthalates etc. in them.
• They are enormous: Disposed plastic is enormous in quantity and it is totally impossible to carry out recycling for the entire plastic waste.
• Plastic spoils the ground water and affects the aquatic life by entering into animals’ food chain.
• Plastic causes infertility in human beings by entering into their diet through water or food.
• It spoils the fertility of soil when they are in the process of degrading by absorbing and releasing harmful gases or components into the soil.
There are many more harms caused by plastic to our surroundings.
Nullifying the use of plastic may not be practically possible but reducing the usage will definitely help. For our day to day needs, we can choose various eco-friendly products available in the market. You can also buy them from Greenhandle, who serve you at your doorstep with all the renewable things like bags, plates, cups etc.
Best Alternative to Plastic.
There is a big list of green alternatives for plastic in recent years. After being educated to save our nature, about reducing the use of plastic and continuous research on eco-friendly materials that can be used after modifying, you can see so many alternatives for plastic bags, glasses, bottles etc. Few of them are here:
• Reusable materials like Jute Bags, Paper bags, stainless steel, water bottles etc. They save your money along with your health. Shopping bags may be of leather, cotton, fibre etc. are available. Buy them once and you can use them for many days later.
• Glass, which is made of sand is another best alternative for plastic cups. They can be easily recycled and stored for a longer time without causing any hazard to your health.
• PLA polyesters are also called as starch which is produced from sugarcane or wheat is another best alternative. They are non-toxic materials and biodegradable once disposed of.
• Areca, bamboo, jute etc. are the materials that can be used for making utensils like plates, cups, bowls, spoons etc. because of their soft and flexible texture they can be transformed into any shape and can be used instead of plastic plates and spoons at indoor or outdoor events.
Greenhandle is a company which has taken the responsibility of the environment in producing and selling the eco-friendly products to their customers. Wish we will all be a part of saving our environment from hazardous plastic.
Environment Articles1. A Perfect Date In The Clouds
Author: SkyWaltz Balloon Safari
2. Kenya To Produce Fertilizer From Hyacinth
Author: Elena Forbes
3. Call Centers In India: A Step Towards A New Era
4. How Solar Energy Works And How You Could Take Advantage From It?
Author: Solar Etribe
5. Battle Of The Solar Manufacturers
6. An Intro To The Solar Hot Water Heater
Author: Ross Barkely
7. Say Hello To The Highly-efficient Solar On Grid Systems
Author: Solar on Grid Systems
8. Epa To Consider Controlling Polyfluoroalkyl Substances
Author: Environmental Resource Center
9. Solar Products Manufacturers In India
Author: Solar E tribe
10. The Future Of Solar Energy In The India What To Expect
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
11. Solar Installation Training In India. How To Become One?
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
12. Looking For Solar Leads? Find A Lead
13. How To Choose The Right Solar Energy Leads
Author: Solar e tribe
14. How Can India Become Globally Competitive In Solar Module Manufacturing
15. FundaciÓn Bioplanet - Lucha Por El Cambio ClimÁtico
Author: FUNDACIÓN BIOPLANET