ALL >> General >> View Article
5 Ways To Decorate Your Deck
Total Articles: 15
Tip 1: Group containers for big effect.
Container gardening is so easy—but just one container can feel kind of lonely. Plant multiples of the same container or group varying sizes to perk up your patio with color.
Pack containers with showy, easy-care annuals such as petunias, bacopa, and sweet potato vine—these and other annuals offer lush foliage and flowers all summer long.
Other colorful container picks include:
Lantana—an easy-care flower that doesn’t require lots of water.
Hibiscus—a tropical with large showy flowers.
Scaevola—also called fan flower—a heat tolerant, cascading plant.
Group containers - tall, medium and small ones, to make a stunning deck focal point.
Tip 2: Create a color theme.
Choose flower colors that complement your house, deck or outdoor furniture. For example, these flowers sizzling in hot hues of red, orange, and yellow.
For a hot palette choose flowers such as red verbena, orange marigolds, and yellow sunflowers. If you want to create a more subdued look, plant with cooler colors such as blue salvia, white bacopa, and gray-leafed licorice plant.
Go low maintenance
Tip 3: Go low maintenance.
Spend more time relaxing or entertaining on your patio—pick plants that need little care. For example, succulents don’t require a lot of water, have few pests and diseases, and look great all the time.
Succulents offer texture and color. Plants include:
Sedums—low growing and colorful options
Sempervivens—tightly clumped hens and chicks
Echeverias—which offer fleshy and colorful leaves
With such easy-care plantings, you can spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time fussing over your flowers.
Plant for privacy
Tip 4: Plant for privacy.
Create a secluded haven on your deck by planting small trees in containers to block the view of neighbors. Try these:
Evergreen trees such as arborvitae, cypress or juniper.
Flowering standards such as roses: Knock Out is an especially disease resistant rose.
Tree-form versions of popular shrubs such as lantana and hibiscus.
Attract butterflies to your deck
Tip 5: Attract butterflies to your deck.
Pack window boxes, railing planters and containers with butterfly favorites such as butterfly bush, zinnias, and verbena. It’s a guaranteed way to have live entertainment outside your door—while giving nature a boost, too.
General Articles1. Why Eye Creams Are Important
2. Preparing For Usa Basketball Tours Understanding The Organisations And Categories
Author: Brett Rainbow
3. Ipad Vs Smartphone Who Will Win The Experience Battle?
Author: Patrik Murphy
4. Avail The Service Of Radius Moving For Best Moving Experience
5. Hermal Mass Flow Meters - Finding A Value In Many Industries
6. A New Example For Cyber Threat Hunting
Author: Bradon Wilson
7. What To Do If Windows Is Unable To Run The Software Protection Service On A Local Computer.
Author: Bradon Wilson
8. The Hidden, Emotional Effects Of Acne
Author: Rahul Sharma
9. Importance Of Prescribed Supplements For Your Healthy Growth
10. How Can I Invest In Cryptocurrency ?
11. Pharmasynth Offers Best Pcd Pharma Franchisee Opportunities For Business Partners
12. Ich Liebe Die Tatsache, Dass Es Zwei Kleider In Einem Geben Kann
13. Celebrate Your Partner’s Birthday By Sending A Stunning Flower Box
Author: Carl Glendon
14. What Happens During A Recession?
15. Important Gold Trading Tips For Beginners