ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Manaslu Circuit Trek Is Ideal If You Prefer An Isolated Trekking Adventure In Nepal
Total Articles: 10
The Annapurna Base Camp has been the most renowned trek in Nepal for many years. However, those looking for sheer wilderness & genuine village experience prefer Manaslu Circuit trek instead. Though unlocked for hikers since 1991, the Manaslu Conservation Area remains unhindered, with just a small portion — 1/30th — of the tourists who trek Annapurna each trekking season.
Generally trekked more than a period of 2 weeks, the Circuit encloses around Mt Manaslu, the globe’s 8th highest summit, looming at 26,759 feet. It starts by mounting against the current of the Budhi Gandaki River for about 3 vertical miles. The Manaslu Circuit trek sweeps through valleys where glaciers hang & drain the ice covered eaves of the earth. It crosses suspension bridges & passes via terrains of barley, as it pursues a historic trail along which groups of yaks carrying salt from Tibet have voyaged for thousands of years. Mounting higher to the last clusters of homes before the mountain wall of the Himalaya, you step into Tibetan territory. Architecture matches these ethnic lines, and as altitude rises, so do the number of monasteries, maani walls and chortens.
From there, the trail crosses into the iconic land of Ghorka where herder’s huts lay tucked high in the thawing meadows. Close to a dozen peaks over 21,000 feet serrate the horizon as the path rises to Larkya La pass, the highest point of the hike at 17,175 feet.
Cultural notes during the trek:
You’re bound to face many Maani Walls (stone bricks printed with mantras) and Stupas all through the trail. To honor the holiness of these age-old structures & the folks who build them, always try to walk to the left.
Identically, if you feel touched to spin the prayer wheels or get into a shrine move the wheels in a clock-wise direction. Prior to getting into a shrine, take away your shoes and any luggage if you have at the door. Don’t take images.
Trekking poles are recommended, especially if you plan on doing day hikes up to Manaslu Base Camp or the Tibet Border. Even if you aren’t planning to stray from the Circuit, your knees will thank you coming down from Larkya La Pass! High quality sunscreen is a must. At some point, you will be hiking on snow with very little atmosphere between you and the sun and any exposed skin will fry. Protect your eyes; don’t take sunglasses off until the sun goes down. Pack light; it is possible to hire a porter, which many people do, but this will add to your cost.
If you have sufficient time in your hand you can also plan for an Upper mustang trek alongside Manaslu circuit trek.
Satori Adventures (P) Ltd specializes in guiding and logistics for mountaineering, trekking, hiking and adventure holidays in Nepal.In this articles it writes about Manaslu Circuit trek and Upper mustang trek.To know more information about nepal tour and package www.satoriadventuresnepal.com
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe