ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Don’t Take That On Your Next Trip
Total Articles: 213
Once you have properly researched your cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, cheap fares, cheap deals, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages, you should make room in your suitcase by not packing unnecessary extras.
Given there is no advantage of carting more weight around on a vacation just for kicks, and the fact that airlines charge extra for checked luggage, travelers have every reason to want to pack wisely when preparing to leave.
The following are things you should never pack for a trip, according to Olivia Briggs:
• Free up space by leaving books and magazines behind if you have a Kindle or tablet. Electronic options are slim and lightweight.
• An entirely new ensemble for each day of a trip is likely to result in you not wearing half of what you packed. Week long trips require no more than three tops and three bottoms that are practical and comfortable and can be easily mixed and matched. If running out of clean clothes is your concern, plan on doing a load of laundry while traveling, or hand wash a couple of items as needed.
• Excessive amounts of denim are heavy, and takes up lots of space in a bag. Ideally travel with your favorite pair of jeans or two pairs at most and mix in lightweight bottoms such as cotton or linen pants, leggings, jeggings, performance fabrics, or khakis.
• Instead of packing your entire toiletry bag, anticipate the free toiletries offered by hotels. Most properties offer shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion. Some hotels also will supply deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash, razors, shaving cream, feminine hygiene products, and even sewing kits on request. Don’t forget that the secret is that you have to ask for what you need.
• Most likely you do not use every item in your makeup bag regularly, so you should peruse your bag and select products you use on an everyday basis. Ideally limit your selection to a cover-up, a blush or bronzer, an eyeliner pencil, minimal eye shadow, mascara, and a lip color.
• Blow dryers, straighteners, curling irons, and large bottles of hair products should be left at home since they take up a lot of luggage space, and tend to take over your bathroom at your destination. Many hotels offer styling tools. Check before departing, and if necessary, invest in travel size options, or simply make do without.
• Limit yourself to no more than two electronic devices unless you are traveling for business. Overpacking gadgets tend to result in suboptimal vacations. Either you end up constantly being distracted by all of your tech gear, or you find yourself not using most of what you packed.
• Don’t be tempted to pack your most expensive/nicest watch, jewelry, designer purse, and any other nonessential embellishments. Traveling with valuables makes you attractive to pickpockets. You also risk losing or leaving valuable smaller accessories behind.
• While it is fine to pack a snack to eat on the plane, there is no reason to pack large amounts of food in your luggage. If saving money on food at your destination is your goal, buy a few staple items, such as coffee, cereal, and milk when you arrive. Remember not to deny yourself the opportunity to try local delicacies, particularly since trying different foods can be a valuable part of any vacation experience.
• Sheets and towels take way too much space up in luggage. Unless you are going camping, hotels, hostels, and vacation rentals almost always provide them.
• Uncomfortable, impractical shoes are among the worst things you can pack. Leave behind any shoes of questionable comfort such as high heels and ballet flats, as well as any shoes that have not been broken in. Pack one good pair of walking sneakers, and one or two other pairs of supportive shoes that can be dressed up or down.
• “Just in case” gear that might come in handy for unlikely situations should be left behind. Set realistic plans so that what you pack will actually be used.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family