ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
8 Things You Need To Know About Metal Roofing
Total Articles: 37
Is it about time for a roof replacement? Asphalt shingles are the most popular option among homeowners today; however, it may be time to consider a metal roof. Here are 8 things you need to know about metal roofing:
1. Metal roofs are meant to last a lifetime. If properly installed, a metal roof should last as long as the house. Most metal roofs last 3 to 4 times longer than asphalt roofs.
2. Do you currently have an asphalt roof and are concerned about the demolition? Luckily, some metal roofs can be installed over your current roof.
3. Metal roofs typically come with a hefty price tag compared with other roofing options. However, they eventually pay for themselves since they almost never need replacing like asphalt roofs.
4. Metal roofing is virtually maintenance free.
5. Installing a metal roof can help to save money on your heating a cooling costs.
6. Instead of absorbing the sun's heat, metal roofs reflect the heat due to its high solar reflexivity. The percentage of solar reflexivity overall depends on the color you choose; however, it is typically much higher compared to the 5% average of asphalt shingles.
7. Since metal roofs are non combustible, they receive a Class A fire rating. This is much better than the Class C rating of wood shingles.
8. There are quite a few metals to choose from when it comes to metal roofing. These options include tin, aluminum, copper, and galvanized steel. copper tends to be the most expensive option and develops a beautiful patina over time.
Balducci Exteriors prefers Sentrigard metal roofing systems for your home. Sentrigard prides itself on providing high quality materials to ensure a quality product. They have developed state of the art machinery, which allows for Sentrigard to test their metal roofing under the most stringent testing to ensure a durable and long-lasting product. Sentrigard's line of Sentriclad Architectural Metals are made of quality GALVALUME and aluminum. They are available in over 30 colors, including some metallic shades.
Metal roofs are a great option for homeowners who want a roof that requires little maintenance and will last for years to come.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are Reviews Enough To Know About Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
2. How To Make Your Badkamer Renovatie Most Cost Effective
Author: Brian Miller
3. Selecting Bathroom Floor And Wall Tiles
Author: Bath & Tile
4. 4 Reasons To Use Eco-friendly Building Materials
Author: Chris Jenkin
5. Organizing Restaurant`s Booth Seating And Getting Booth Reupholstery
6. Quality Manufacturer Of Restaurant Booth
7. Learn The Process Of Choosing And Organizing Restaurant Booth Seating
8. How To Use Creative Ideas To Make Your Restaurant More Unique
9. Purchasing Good Quality Restaurant Booths
10. Add A Decorative Accent To Your Home With Bamboo Blinds
Author: Julie Valencia
11. The Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore Make Your Dream Home Come True
12. Some Tips To Remove Popcorn In Miami Without More Trouble
Author: Jacob Ethan
13. Basic Information Of Roofing
Author: Roofing 2000
14. Caring For Your Bathroom And Sanitary Ware
15. Why Sod Installation Is An Effective Way Of Making Lawn Or Garden
Author: Anu Walia