ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What To Do On Your Mauritius Honeymoon
Total Articles: 39
Mauritius, otherwise known as the Paradise Island is one of the top honeymoon destinations. Whether you prefer some serene alone time, or fancy the idea of exploring exciting places together, Mauritius is the perfect place for you. Coral islet, clear blue lagoons and untouched beaches here spell romance. But there’s much more to Mauritius than just this. You’ll find a variety of water sport opportunities, youthful bars, clubs and restaurants, and even luxurious gardens and spas. If you’re still wondering what you two can do there, here’s something to help you out.
Visit the beaches
This definitely goes without saying. If you go to Mauritius, you go there for the beaches. Pereybere, Grand Bay, Blur Bay and Belle Mare all offer you the opportunity to cosy up with your sweetheart on the cool white sands. You can try a candle-lit dinner, parasailing or even a ski-ride. Avoid visiting in February or March as those months usually see rain.
Rent a car
Taxis here might prove to be costly – hence renting a car is a good option. And plus, it’s always great to be able to explore at your own pace. The coastal roads here make for an enjoyable ride. Drive to the sugarcane plantations, traverse the scenic route of Pamplemousse to Pieter Booth and stop by at some of the local markets.
The prices here are to die for and you’ll find products unlike any you’ll find elsewhere. Goodlands, Grand Baie Bazar and Quatre Bornes are some of the best shopping destinations here. Pick up some uniquely beautiful clothes or maybe something for your new home.
Indulge in the food
Whether you’re a fan of street food or fine dining, you’ll find lots to appease your appetite here. The food here is a mix of African, Chinese, Creole and Indian cuisine. Don’t miss the dholl puri, a local street food served with spicy chilli paste. For a luxurious romantic dinner, try the Oberoi.
Visit Chamarel Village
This little village is known for its colourful earth surfaces. You’ll find a mix of purples, oranges, yellows and reds – a real sight to behold. This village is also home to Mauritius’ highest waterfall.
Visit Treasure Island
Ile aux Cerfs, or Treasure Island, is known for its heavenly white sand beaches and turquoise waters. Have a beach barbeque, go parasailing or sample some exotic dishes at the Chez Tino terrace, overlooking the harbour.
Visit Grand Bassin
About 1800 feet above sea level, you’ll find the breathtaking Grand Bassin, a lake considered sacred in Hinduism. The legend goes that the waters of the Grand Basin communicate with the waters of the Ganges.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family