ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Travelling In Singapore On A Budget
Total Articles: 39
In more ways than one, Singapore is the odd man out compared to other Asian capitals. Located in Southeast Asia, it is very well developed, extremely clean and surprisingly peaceful in some places.
Although it is relatively expensive when compared to other Asian tourist destinations, and seems to have a strict veneer and little tolerance for the arts and creativity, there’s lot to be found here.
What to do here
Here’s a list of some of the best things to do and places to visit in Singapore if you’re travelling on a budget.
Visit Little India and Chinatown
In these adjacent neighbourhoods you’ll find a dearth of the futuristic skyscrapers you normally see in Singapore. Instead, you’ll be welcomed by warm British colonial architecture and walls in pastel colours. You’ll also find temples, mosques and various other places of worship scattered about this town.
Grab some delicious grub at a hawker centre
Whether you’re craving Malay, Indian, Chinese or Thai food, you’ll the best of it here, and not to mention the many resulting fusions. You’ll find many hawker centres where you can get an authentic Asian meal for a very reasonable price. What’s more, you won’t have to worry about the usual street food tummy problems here, because of the high hygiene standards.
The people of Singapore love their karaoke. Rather than singing in front of a bunch of strangers, you can rent a karaoke box for you and your friends here and sing to your heart’s content. Try bringing along a bigger group and split the booth cost among them.
Visit the Singapore Zoo and Night Safari
Despite the lack of space throughout the rest of Singapore, the enclosures at Singapore Zoo are quite spacious. It is one of the best zoos in Asia, and you can buy a combo ticket and visit the night safari as well.
See the cloud forest
A network of ultramodern waterfront parks and greenhouses, Gardens by the Bay is home to cloud forest. This indoor mountain is surrounded by a canopy walk that is nothing short of surreal. Although the outdoor Gardens by the Bay offer free entry, you’ll have to pay to visit the cloud forest.
Explore the airport
This may sound completely insane, but if you’re coming in through Changi Airport, you might want to spend some time exploring its facilities. With aquariums, a swimming pool, gardens and a cinema, there’s a lot to do and see here.
Whether your Singapore checklist involves Chinatown, hawker centres and karaoke, or the more luxurious options like gambling, golfing and indoor skiing, we have something to suit your preferences. At Cox & Kings, we have a number of Singapore tour packages for you to choose from. To have a look at what we have to offer, visit: http://www.coxandkings.com/.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler