ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Pro Tips For Touring Europe
Total Articles: 39
From end to end, Europe is a melting pot of cultures, heritage, languages, architecture and customs. Travelling here has never been more convenient with the dissolution of checks at borders within the EU. So if you’re planning on going on a Europe tour, here are some tips to help you make the most of it.
Choose Off-Season Dates
Europe’s unique beauty makes it a popular travel destination, and the tourist crowds can be insane during holiday season. Avoid visiting between June and August for a more peaceful and less crowded travel experience. Fall is an ideal time to head here.
Patronise Family Businesses
There’s more to Europe than the Eiffel Tower and the numerous galleries. To get an authentic taste of a locality and its people, visit smaller family-run businesses, mingle with the locals, go off the beaten track and head down the narrow alleyways.
Learn the Local Speak
A simple please and thank you in the native language can go a long way when you’re a traveller. The locals will appreciate it, and it will be easier for you to get help and directions. Learn a few important phrases before you head out into the streets.
Don’t simply jump from one city to another to tick places off your list. Instead take the time to really get acquainted with a place. Spend a week or more exploring, search for cafes, restaurants, road stalls or even friendships that you wouldn’t have the time to find if you were here today and gone tomorrow.
Channel the Locals
Don’t be that tourist that sticks out of the crowd like a sore thumb. When you visit a new place, observe the locals and follow suit to make sure you aren’t being culturally insensitive. Always be conscious of your surroundings and try and do as the locals do.
Keep Afternoon Closures in Mind
Europeans respect the lunch break. Midday breaks can often extend from noon to 2pm. As offices and shops remain closed during these hours, you might want to plan your day accordingly.
Seek Local Advice
Whether it’s a quiet natural spot that you’re looking for or a night of revelling in the underground music scene, the best brewery or street food, ask a local. It’s the surest way to find some great hangs. After all, everyone has their go-to space, so why not share it?
Choose City over Suburbs
Although hotels in the suburbs might be cheaper, you’ll end up spending a lot on travelling back and forth from the city. The city is where all the restaurants and cafes are at, and not to mention, all the main sight-seeing attractions. So choosing a hotel in the heart of the city might make more sense, because you’ll save a lot on travel.
Choose a Smaller City
Places like London, Rome, Amsterdam and Paris are always overcrowded with tourists. Smaller towns that aren’t too far away from the main hubs are the sweet spot. These places are generally quieter and slower paced, making for a peaceful stay.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe