ALL >> General >> View Article
India’s Best Winter Destinations
Total Articles: 25
There’s something special about winters in India. The mountains get a fresh coat of snow, the coast quiets down and the cold air is pleasantly welcomed after the October heat. If you have some holidays coming up, why not head to one of these awesome Indian winter destinations?
1. Konark, Odisha
Konark is home to the famous Sun Temple and the Konark Dance Festival which is held in December. Immerse yourself in colourful culture, classical dance, or enjoy a stroll down the golden sands of Konark beach.
2. Patnitop, Jammu and Kashmir
Located amidst breathtaking coniferous forest, Patnitop is a vision in white during the winter. It’s one of India’s best skiing and paragliding locations, perfect for the nature and adventure sport lover. The quiet little town makes for a peaceful getaway.
3. Ranthambore, Rajasthan
If you’re a wildlife enthusiast, Ranthambore is the place to be this winter. Visit the Ranthambore fort, or spot the majestic tiger in its natural habitat. This biodiversity hotspot is also home to leopards, hyenas, wild cats, crocodiles, Indian foxes and jackals.
4. Chennai, Tamil Nadu
The pleasant winter weather and vibrant nightlife make Chennai an ideal New Years’ destination. Its numerous temples make for great architectural sight-seeing, while the Vandalur Zoo is a lovely place for nature lovers. And the sunset at Marina beach is definitely something you don’t want to miss.
5. Murudeshwar, Karnataka
Murudeshwar is home to the second largest Shiva effigy in the world. It is also a prime location for winter scuba diving. The scenic beauty, cultural significance, slow-paced lifestyle and charming temples make this an ideal destination for a quiet winter escape.
6. Kaziranga National Park, Assam
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kaziranga is home to the endangered Indian Rhino. It houses over half the world’s population of the one horned rhinoceros. You’ll also find tigers, leopards, deer, foxes, hornbills, pelicans, and much more here. This is a great place to immerse yourself in wildlife, but great care is to be taken so as to not disturb the ecological balance of this reserve.
7. Thrissur, Kerala
Kerala’s cultural capital, Thrissur is dotted with temples, and packed full of culture. As a hub of classical Kerala arts, Thrissur comes alive with festivities during the winter months. You’ll find waterfalls, dams, a river, zoos and gardens here. You can also learn a lot about Ayurveda!
8. Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Rich in heritage, arts and culture, Lucknow is one of North India’s most popular tourist destinations. A great place to grab some good food, take in some old-world architecture or simply shop till you drop, Lucknow is a must on your travel list. December is an ideal time to visit, on account of the pleasant weather.
Wherever you choose to head this winter, you’ll find great deals on holiday packages at Cox & Kings. To have a look at our various packages.
General Articles1. Sending Your Electronics To A Toronto Electronics Recycling Center
Author: Mohan Rawat
2. Scott Foil: Knowing Your Need For Owning The Best
Author: parveen kumar
3. What Can You Do To Balance An Industrial Oven?
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
4. The Perfect Destination For A Memorable Holiday In Bhimtal
Author: Amit Upretti
5. Top Reasons To Use A Pan Mixer At A Construction Site
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
6. Magnesium Oxide Is An Important Role
Author: hu Allen
7. Oh My Baby, I Rest You Daily With These Crazy Cool Furniture
Author: James Williams
8. All You Want To Learn About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Author: Ross Barkely
9. Quick Laptop Screen Repair Sheffield – Lenovo Repairer
10. Exploring Varying Methods Of Chemical Separation
11. Find Private Investigator For Office
Author: kiven Sea
12. Godrej Washing Machine Service Center In Hyderabad
Author: Godrej Washing Machine
13. Hamilton Automatic Khaki X-wind Chronograph H77616533 Mens Watch| Hardy And Fashionable
Author: Jasson C
14. How To Hire The Right Basement Contractor In Toronto
Author: Noah Dube
15. Splendid Things To Do In Cusco Peru Tours
Author: Ricardo Davis