ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Limitation Of Led Traffic Warning Sign In Snowy Weather
Total Articles: 108
There is no doubt that LED has come up as a great improvement over the existing incandescent lamps. They prove to be a much better option when it comes to energy efficiency, long life and performance. They promise to be a great replacement for the current traffic warning signals using incandescent lamps of halogen lamps. However, it is important to consider the limitation of LED in the snowy environment before implementing them in traffic signals. There are already a few incidents already suspected where the drivers could not see the traffic lights as they got covered with snow and eventually crashed into the tree or other objects. Thus, it becomes extremely important to find out the solution to this problem before installing them in cities where snow storms are common.
In the case of snow, the biggest advantage of a LED traffic signal light becomes the most serious disadvantage indirectly. Incandescent lamps utilize about 20% of the energy in producing visible light while the remaining is dissipated in the form of heat. When the traffic signals get covered with snow, it is this extra heat that helps in melting the snow and letting the drivers have a clear view of the warning displays. In case of LED traffic warning light, more than 95% of the input electrical energy is utilized in producing the visible light and thus the production of heat is almost negligible. Considering the fact that LED lights require lesser energy, the comparative heat production becomes even lesser.
In case of traditional incandescent lamp traffic warning signals, there was never a scenario where the traffic control department would need to send a team to clear off the snow that covered the traffic warning signals. However, it has indeed appeared as a problem with the use of LED in at least a few parts of the world.
Manufacturing companies that produce LED for traffic signals are working on the solutions to the problems. Some companies have come up with heated light covers over the light lights that can melt the snow covering the traffic warning sign. The problem with this solution is that it will easily take away the main advantage of energy efficiency from the implementation of LED in traffic warning lights. Thus, there will be no point in replacing incandescent lamps with the LED lights. There is a need to find better solutions that can be practically implemented without needing a lot of investment.
BBM Technology Company Limited was founded in August 2005 in Shenzhen, China. It is a high-tech enterprise devoted to developing, manufacturing and marketing. Which is professional with Related LED Traffic warning sign modules/cores and traffic lights suppliers, traffic warning lights Display and related Led Segments.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. The A To Z Of Smoking Pipes For A Beginner
Author: Samil Sermet
2. Advice For Selling Gold Jewelry
Author: Kevin Smith
3. Surface Book Promo Code 2017 For The Ultimate Laptop For Computing Needs
Author: Christine Bleakley
4. Discover The Many Benefits And Advantages Of Getting The Right Beading Supplies
Author: Beading Supplies
5. Finding Beautiful Bridesmaid Dresses Nz On A Budget
6. Connect The People With Vodafone Mobile Network
Author: Vedprakash Singh
7. Get To Choose And Send Attractive Birthday Gifts To India Via A Reputed Online Store
Author: Deepak Gupta
8. Look Trendy With Latest Fashion Accessories
Author: Sam u
9. What You Need To Know About Tongue Piercing?
Author: Steve Smith
10. Find The Best Waist Trainer Online That Can Help You Achieve The Best Shape Of Your Waist
11. What’s A Kippah & The Spiritual Beliefs Behind It?
12. Affordable Gifts To Send On Ugadi And Gudi Padwa Online India
13. Things To Consider While Hiring Repairers
Author: Crcustom Services
14. Hiring Promising Repair Services Systematically
Author: Crcustom Services
15. Different Types Of Gemstone Trends In Handmade Gemstone Jewellery
Author: Lucas Lawrence