ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Through The Woods And Near A River – A Camping Miniature Garden
Total Articles: 100
I have always found that reconnecting with nature is an easy way to find inspiration for my next fairy garden. When I am feeling particularly listless towards thinking of miniature gardening ideas, I will spend a lazy afternoon wandering around the state park, which is my next-door neighbor. I remember that at its core, fairy gardening involves selecting and maintaining miniature plants with an entertaining theme thrown in, so I am looking for motivational ideas.
I sit on a picnic table with a hot cup of coffee and I observe as adventurers pull their trailer campers onto the frozen lake for a weekend of ice fishing with their family. At the edge of the woods, forest animals are playing in the snow. I watch and enjoy these actions, because both the animals and families are appreciating nature while creating lasting memories. Maybe camping memories will provide me with ideas.
Growing up I was never much of a camper. I think this is because we had access to so much nature right outside our back door. However, camping is now a favorite activity of my husband and me as we spend a few nights sleeping under the stars next to a glowing fire pit and listening to the waves splashing on the beach.
The idea of creating a miniature garden that celebrates the ambience of a winter or summer day at the park is too big of an idea to ignore. I thought it would be a sentimental Valentine’s gift for my husband, who is impossible to buy presents for. He is a real softy for sentimental gifts. Therefore, when the idea popped into my head I immediately started selecting containers that enhance the camping, fairy garden theme. I ended up selecting a bright green, charcoal grill to show off my miniature plants. While shopping at the greenhouse, I saw a bunch of miniature accessories, which would be perfect for my camping idea. I started with a teepee and a trailer camper, so the fairies could camp out with some friends. I wanted a big campfire of course to cook over, and a bunch of critters to show the wilderness reality of camping. Next, some rocks and pebbles formed the water feature. Of course, I had to add a line to hang fish on, I grew up fishing and there are few things I do better. I justify that as homage to my childhood and my predecessors who also loved to fish.
After the fish supplies were in place, I inspected the fairy garden. It is time for planting miniature plants. When I added in some bright green foliage to act like our ‘forest’, and sprinkled some sand as a base for the campsite, the whole scene started coming together. The miniscape reminded me of many hard days setting up camp and many fun nights sitting around the fire, singing songs, and talking with a few of my closest friends.
Miniature Gardening' offers miniature trees, accessories, fairies, garden tools & dollhouse furniture to create enchanting miniature landscapes for containers or your yard. Story telling and imaginary fairy garden from 'Miniature Gardening' bring the playful kid out in all of us. Filled with intrigue and mystique each little miniature garden scene you create is a snapshot of such a dream.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy