ALL >> Business >> View Article
Rugged Dc-dc Converter- Creating Impact In Modern Day
Total Articles: 12
Any sort of power converter, whether it is an AC to DC converter or a DC to AC converter, follows the same mechanism that is converting one form of power to another. A rugged DC-DC converter is an electronic converter that by switching technique transforms a DC source of voltage from one level to another. Direct Current refers to the unidirectional flow of electrons. It is most commonly produced by the sources like solar cells, batteries, transformers, capacitors etc.
Significance of DC-DC converter
A DC-DC converter has a major role to play. Take an example of a very simple place where it has the major utility that is in a mobile. The mobile operates by a rechargeable battery that gives energy to different components within the cell. Each component requires different voltage and current level to function. These DC-DC converters either step-up or step-down the voltage level as per the requirement of the device.
Application of DC-DC converter
The DC-DC converters have found its utility in wide range of sectors and have been extensively used for diverse applications. Some of them being the
• healthcare (bio life science, dental, imaging, laboratory, medical)
• computing and storage
• business systems
• test and measurement
• instrumentation, and industrial equipment industries
• used in electric motor drives in Switch mode DC power supplies
DC-DC converter as in Industrial sector
Industrial DC-DC converter has a major role to play. It acts as the backbone of the entire industrial production activity. The features that have made it to the industrial sectors are-
•DC-DC converters in the form of transformers are used to meet the need of high current solution
•These are used in places where there is a need to provide a continuous and uninterrupted current supply
•These are also used as regulators to regulate the voltage fluctuations that can harm the major industrial machines.
•In industries, the DC-DC converter can be used as power conversion.
•Used in Line Frequency Induction Motors as in the case of machine tools and general purpose motors
•Used in special purpose motors like switch reluctance motors
•Used in correcting power factors
DC-DC converter as in Railways
Railways utilize AC to run transformers to produce high voltages. In railways, AC implies very high voltages that are used on overhead wires. Inside the loco engine, a transformer steps the voltage down to be used by the traction motors and other electrical loads. This is where the railway DC-DC converters are used.
A separate low-voltage transformer supplies the required power to light up the lighting equipments and the other auxiliary attachments like fans and chargers. With the help of DC-DC converters, modern railways across the globe have been successful in reducing the energy loss and have achieved to save space and weight.
When the developmental phase is on throughout the world, the contribution of rugged DC-DC converter cannot be ignored. It has been used as per the requirements and demand.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray