ALL >> Education >> View Article
When Will The Pmbok 6th Edition Release?
Total Articles: 3
Currently the most current PMBOK® Guide 5 update was done on December 2012. PMI has announced that the PMBOK® Guide 6th edition will be released towards the end of 2017.
What revision state is PMI currently on?
In March 2016, PMI released the first draft of the PMBOK 6th Edition to obtain feedback and comments from the project management community. You can submit your feedback if you are a PMI member.
The PMBOK 6th Edition will be finalized and published by third quarter of 2017
Changes in PMBOK 6th edition.
Big change is that the 5th edition had 13 chapters and 415 pages. The 6th edition has 10 chapters and may only contain 84 pages.
Much of the page reduction is expected with the upcoming version of PMI because the 6th edition does not go into detail on all of the inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs
3 new processes will be added
• Manage Project Knowledge → Executing → Integration Management knowledge area.
• Implement Risk Responses → Executing → Risk Management knowledge area.
• Control Resources → Monitoring and Controlling → Resource Management knowledge area.
What should you do?
With every new version of the PMBOK released, student found the PMP exam became harder. At the time of this writing, it is currently end of 2016, which means you still have approx a year left before the PMBOK changes.
Instead of stressing over the changes to the PMP exam, my recommendation would be to get certified now before PMBOK 6th Edition is released.
Agile comes to the PMBOK® Guide?
The next PMBoK Guide Edition the use of agile, iterative and adaptive environments playing a role. Here is the statement regarding this out of the draft version:
“The use of agile, iterative and adaptive approaches is increasing in projects. This applies to development methods, techniques, outputs and other practices. Some agile techniques have been integrated into the PMBOK® Guide processes. In this topic area we describe specific approaches that are aligned with agile environments to help practitioners identify and integrate these practices into their projects where it makes sense to do so.
Education Articles1. College Admissions Counseling Services Through Experienced Independent College Counselor
Author: Alvina Joseph
2. Is Doing Mba After Engineering Worthwhile?
Author: Banhi Roy
3. Are You A Programmer? 9 Programming Blogs You Cannot Do Without
Author: meenal deshpande
4. The Definitive Guide To Engineering College In Haryana
Author: ponting brown
5. Irma Anand Admission 2019
Author: Mba Universe
6. Benefits Of Online Exam Software
Author: Conduct Exam
7. How Cyber Security Training Is Important For Your Organization?
8. Software Testing Training: End To End Training On A Live Project
Author: info campus
9. Swiss Cottage School
Author: Raj Ghosh
10. Data Recovery
Author: venu vinod
11. Three Common Problems Leaders Face
Author: Shoeb M
12. The Embedded Training For Today- Embedded Systems Training In Noida
13. Java 9 Features Oracle
14. Choose The Actual Best Digital Marketing Course
15. Get Portable Public Address System Dealer In Odisha
Author: Nitesh Sharma