ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
A Destination Of History, Art, Religion And Unlimited Shopping
Total Articles: 2
If anyone is looking for that perfect package of a holiday, which includes shopping, relaxation and restaurants there is the only place for you, Jeddah. Located on the Red Sea, this commercial capital of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has a lot to offer in terms of sightseeing, relaxation and shopping. After the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, Jeddah has the second best coral reef in the world – another reason to visit Jeddah if you cannot make that trek to Oz. The coral here is spectacular. UNESCO has declared historical Jeddah a world heritage site. Therefore, Jeddah is definitely an ideal tourist destination giving you a mix of culture, history, art and religion. Shopping is of course there by default!
JEDDAH LANDMARKS THAT GIVE THE CITY ITS IDENTITY
Listed below are some of the fascinating Jeddah landmarks that not only give the city its unique flavour but also a must for every tourist to visit.
1. SOUQ AL ALAWI – A traditional souq, Souq al alawi is one of the oldest in the city. An amazing destination, it is situated in the heart of the old city. If you want a great shopping experience without the hubbub of cars and bicycles, then this is the perfect place for shopping. Genuine Arabian jewellery, traditional dresses and Islamic art can be found here.
2. AL TAYEBAT CITY MUSEUM FOR INTERNATIONAL CIVILISATION – Privately owned, this four-floor collection has pre-Islamic artefacts, Manuscripts, old coins, weaponry and stunning furniture. Pottery and traditional Saudi dresses are also on display. Even though this museum is 300 years old, the building appears modern and state of the art.
3. MALL OF ARABIA– A shopping mall in Jeddah, it is located on the Eastern Side of Medina Road and on the south side of Makkah Road. The top floor overlooks majestic waterways and pristine fountains. The lower level enjoys the cool breeze emanating from the surrounding palm trees. One of the many malls for that shopping, dining and entertaining experience.
4. KING FAHAD FOUNTAIN – Holding the Guinness World Record for the tallest fountain in the world, King Fahad Fountain is also known as the Jeddah Fountain. One of the iconic Jeddah Landmarks, this fountain is 1024ft high. The best time to see the beauty of this man-made wonder is in the evening, against that beautiful sunset. The water sprays seem to shoot into the sky and the clouds.
5. NASSEF HOUSE MUSEUM – Erected about 150 years ago, this house has 15 rooms over seven floors. It became famous when King Abdulaziz resided in it. This house today functions as a historic museum as well as a cultural site. One can even here academic lectures here.
6. FLOATING MOSQUE – The reason for its name is due to the fact it appears to be floating above the sea. A blend of Arabic architecture and Islamic design, the floating mosque rises majestically on the Corniche.
7. FAKEEH AQUARIUM – This aquarium is the perfect place for a family outing. It is home to over 7000 aquatic creatures. A colourful array of fish is also found here along with other marine animals like Red Dragon and Red Sea Turtles. The aquarium’s main attraction is the acrylic tunnel that allows visitors to get up close with the marine animals. Seeing sharks and other such sea creatures in close proximity provide a thrill for all who visit this place. There are four scheduled dolphin shows every day.
8. RED SEA MALL – It is a shopping mall in Jeddah that covers an area of 242,200 square meters. It is home to luxurious world brands, entertainment areas, and mouth watering delicacies. Claiming to be the biggest mall in the Middle East, the Red Sea Mall is also home to the five-star Al-Elaf Restaurant.
9. JEDDAH CORNICHE – This is a 30km resort area located along the Red Sea. It features pavilions, recreational areas and a scenic coastal road that is lined with sculptures. Popular tourist attractions like King Fahad’s Fountain and Al-Rahmah Mosque are also on the Corniche. Five-star hotels like the Ramada are also located here.
10. KING ROAD TOWER – A 34 storey office tower located in Jeddah, it contains the world’s largest advertisement LED screen. The screen measures about 10,000 sq.metres.VIP lounges, shops, cafes and gyms are also found alongside these offices.
A place of culture, history and religion this is definitely a place for a holiday, where all the family can have fun.
Web Design Articles1. Components Of Web Design For Beginners
2. Web Development Company Bangalore
3. Simple Gmail Specifications That Will Make Your Life Easier
Author: Donald Goldberg
4. Web Development Company In Australia
5. Understanding Social Media
Author: Eduhive creative studio
6. Make Your Presence Online With Best Ecommerce Web Design In India Services
7. Top Emerging Trends In Ecommerce Website Designing
8. Hiring A Good Web Development Company In Delhi To Stay Ahead
9. Hire The Best Logo Designers In New Delhi
10. Ecommerce Website Designing Company In Delhi
11. Developing A Powerful And An Interactive E-commerce Website To Boost The Sale
12. New Ways To Upgrade Your Website
Author: optimist pritam
13. What Are The Advantages Of Magento Ecommerce Development?
14. New Bigcommerce Stencil Themes For Your Store- Stencil Theme Store
Author: Stencil Theme
15. Going Global- Bigcommerce Customer Management By Stencil Theme
Author: Stencil Theme