ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Oral Health Care - Boring? What Your Teeth Want You To Know
Total Articles: 7
Every tooth in a man’s head is more valuable than a diamond.
~Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote, 1605
It’s a universal joke. If you want to talk about something boring, oral healthcare and oral hygiene top the list.
But here’s a light-hearted quote about those pearly whites.
“Be true to your teeth or they’ll be false to you”~Soupy Sales
And we certainly don’t want false teeth! So, let’s investigate what can really be a very interesting topic. Honest.
Oral Health Care Revealed!
If we can be serious for a moment, there are adverse conditions that can happen to your teeth and gums. It will save you time, discomfort and money if you know a few things about dental problems and their solutions. And most important of all, learn how to prevent problems and leave the dentist with a smiling, healthy, clean mouth. Your teeth will thank you.
Problem: Mild to medium tooth decay (nerve ok) with mildly sensitive teeth.
Solution: Removal of decay usually using a local anesthetic (a “shot”) and placement of silver or tooth colored fillings, porcelain/plastic inlays or onlays.
Problem: Medium to severe tooth decay (nerve ok) with uncomfortable sensitivity.
Solution: Local anesthetic, crown (dental cap) or very large filling (not usually recommended).
Problem: Severe tooth decay, toothache(s) with “dead” or infected nerve.
Solution: Root canal treatment or extraction (not recommended if the tooth can be fixed), placement of crown.
Problem: Minor gum disease (gingivitis) with soreness and/or bleeding
Solution: Improve home tooth brushing and flossing of teeth, consultation with dental hygienist
Problem: Moderate/Severe gum disease with bleeding, pus, bad breath, loosening of teeth.
Solution: Deep cleaning of teeth and gums, gum surgery, full Monte home oral hygiene.
Problem: One or a few teeth missing
Solution: Dental Bridge or single dental implant(s).
Problem: Multiple or all teeth missing.
Solution: Complete or partial dentures, full or partial dental implants supporting dentures or implant type crowns and bridges.
Problem: Wisdom teeth removal/difficulties
Solution: Treat infection first, extract wisdom tooth.
Problem: Poor dental appearance.
Solution: Cosmetic dentistry-dental veneers, bonding, whitening, minor tooth movement or referral to orthodontic specialist, gum surgery, implants, referral to oral surgery specialist.
It’s said over and over that the best way to avoid most common dental problems is prevention. Ever wonder why they say that? Because IT’S TRUE! Your teeth, your smile and your wallet will say “Good on yam ate”, when you take care of them.
Psst, your teeth also say the best oral health care in Auckland is available at Stanmore Bay Dental Studio in Whangaparaoa.
The Stanmore Bay Dental Studio (https://www.dentalstudio.nz/) provides general, cosmetic, hygienist and emergency dental treatments in a state-of-the-art facility. Book an appointment now on 09 424 0651.
Beauty Articles1. Find Out Why Getting Hair Extensions Is A Life-changing Decision
Author: Louise Bailey
2. Avail The Best Nail Salon In Gilroy- Services For Beautiful & Healthy Hand And Toe Nails
Author: Paul Wright
3. Three Great Traits Every Tattoo Artist Must Have
Author: Hooma Annoy
4. Know How To Style Your Short Hair With The Help Of Hair Extension
Author: Georgia Nairn
5. Some Simple And Charming Hairstyles For Thick Wavy Hair
Author: James Fields
6. Guidance For Men With Thinning Hair And Receding Hairlines
Author: Marc Epstein
7. Forget All Your Hair Problems With Joico Hair Shampoos And Conditioners
Author: John Smith
8. Why Do You Need To Choose Natural Skincare Products?
9. Buying Skin Care Products And Perfumes - Some Tips
10. Natural Skin Care Products - Better Skincare Products For Better Healthy
11. Everything You Wanted For Beautiful Hair
Author: John Smith
12. Injectable Dermal Fillers For Smooth Skin
Author: Vogue Cosmetology
13. Various Options For Removing A Tattoo
Author: Dexter Brown
14. Body To Body Massage In Mayfair - Naked Rubdown At Its Best!
Author: Danny Gill
15. How To Choose The Best Products For Body Slimming And Toning?
Author: Yellowrose Cosmetics