ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Handle A Sudden Cardiac Arrest (sca) Or Heart Emergency?
Total Articles: 7
A sudden cardiac arrest is an emergency heart condition in which the heart unexpectedly stops beating that stops sending blood to the body and brain. This causes death in minutes as the oxygen, brain cells start to die. Regardless of age, health condition, ethnicity and gender, anyone can suffer from a sudden cardiac arrest, which requires a quick and proper treatment.
What are the symptoms of a sudden cardiac arrest emergency?
1. Sudden Collapse
2. Loss of Consciousness
3. Abnormal Breathing
4. No Pulse
The chance for survival of a sudden cardiac arrest victim lies in a bystander’s recognition and prompt response. Acting quickly on a victim suffering from sudden cardiac arrest with proper CPR technique till the emergency service arrives will help in saving a valuable life.
In the USA, it is found that sudden cardiac arrest or SCA, is becoming the leading cause of deaths. A sudden cardiac arrest can happen to people of all ages. The most disheartening thing about the SCA is that approximately 95 percent of victims die before reaching the hospital.
How to act when you see a sudden cardiac arrest victim?
If you find someone collapses near you, then
1. First, check their responses like if the victim is able to breathe
2. Immediately call the emergency service, if the victim is not breathing
3. Immediately begin CPR or cardiopulmonary resuscitation
4. Use the AED or automated external defibrillator as soon as possible
How CPR plays an important role in sudden cardiac arrest?
Delivering the right CPR technique at the right time to the patient helps in widening the chances of survival for the victim. Performing CPR can keep the blood circulating until a trained and better-equipped first responders or emergency team arrives. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation or CPR is considered as an emergency technique that keep oxygenated blood flowing to the brain and other vital organs.
Use the AED or Automated External Defibrillator:
The AED is a portable gadget that is used to deliver a brief electrical shock to the heart for bringing back the normal pumping. The best thing is that the AEDs are increasingly found in public places (like shopping malls). But remember that, the AED can only be properly operated by a skilled and trained individual having a formal CPR training. It is important to understand that an AED is a device (not a technique) to treat an SCA victim. The Automated External Defibrillator or AED has a built-in computer that can access a person’s heart rhythm, judge the need of defibrillation and administer an electric shock. A person who is administering the AED get an audio or visual prompts, which acts as an aid throughout the process. An individual who is trained with a formal CPR training or have a CPR certification can properly operate the AED and deliver a life saving act.
Sudden cardiac arrests can happen to anyone at anytime. Many SCA victims appeared to be healthy with no heart disease or other risk factors. Being trained with a CPR certification, you can save a valuable life and be always prepared to deliver a prompt help at the right time. Failure to act timely in a cardiac emergency can lead to unnecessary deaths. To make yourself an effective bystander, you can consider a formal online CPR training that will save time and provide the convenience of learning a life saving skill. Enrolling in CPR classes online will not only help you to earn CPR certification, but also makes you a valuable and responsible person who is always ready to help every individual at home, office or public location.
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool