ALL >> Art >> View Article
Tips To Help You Nail Alaska Photography
Total Articles: 1
Overcoming the Lighting Challenge
You will fall in love with Alaska lighting, with sunshine bouncing off the water, ice, and lush leaves. Sometimes, however, lighting can be quite tricky, especially if you are trying to photograph ice-covered mountainsides or glaciers. As you might already know, glistening snow “tricks” your lens and camera into believing there is lighter than there actually is.
If your equipment comes complete with an exposure compensation meter, overexposing will do the trick. Otherwise, take your exposure readings away from the bright snow.
Use Long-range Lens to Stay at Safe Distance from Wildlife
No matter how majestic and beautiful wild animals are, they can turn your odyssey into a nightmare in a snap. That’s why it is prudent to pack a decent telephoto lens. You will require an 180mm (or longer) lens to bring bears, moose and other grizzlies in closer while staying at a safer distance. If your Alaska photography includes birds and eagles, you might want to bring an even longer lens, perhaps 300mm or longer. To compensate for magnifying lens shake, use shutter speeds inverse to the focal length of your lenses.
Making the Best of the Horizon.
Alaska has an endless horizon which can either accentuate or ruin your picture. When taking pictures of mountain ranges and oceans, keep your horizon level. Also, don’t position the horizon in the middle of the flame; the last thing you want is a static photo. Instead, fill up the frame with what captured your attention -- bet it glaciers, skies, mountains and so forth -- and keep the horizon low.
If your element of interest is river or tundra meandering endlessly, it would be best if you place the horizon high.Hire a local Alaska Photographer.
Alaska has some of the best photographers out there. Of course, you want someone who understands both photography and the Alaska in itself. A great local photographer will take to the best glaciers, mountains, waterfalls and other photogenic locations.
Shoot during the magical hour.
Alaska’s lazy sunsets shower the landscapes with dazzling colors which give off gorgeous photographs. Also, shooting at sunrise will not disappoint.
Life is full of challenges and Peter has been no exception. Peter strong link to the Spirit of the Universe provides him with knowledge and power that leads to some surprising exposures in his many articles. Love of life has led him to do and experience things most would only dream about and shares them with audience. Peter have published many articles on the web with different niche and is being viewed millions times Aircraft Photographer
Art Articles1. Graphic Design Trends In 2018
Author: Shreedama Technologies
2. How To Take Care After Tattooing
3. Tips For Choosing The Best International Wedding Photographers On A Budget
4. How Old School-paint Is Replaced With New-one By Exterior Painters In Brooklyn?
Author: Liberty Painting
5. Engraving Anything On Paper Or Clothes Is Done With Advanced Process
Author: Alex Dawson
6. Act It Out
7. Interactive Gumboot Dancing: An Activity To Express Yourself
Author: Drums And Rhythm
8. Find Best Wohnzimmer Bilder Online
9. Find Beautiful Leinwandbilder Of Your Choice From Online Art Gallery In Best Price
10. Most Important Time For A Girl Is Getting Married -capture It All!
11. Here’s Why You Wish A Company Video Production Strategy
Author: ALEX O DALY
12. 5 Reasons Why You Need A Vinyl Banner For Your Business In Nc
Author: Rene Navas
13. Decorate Your Home With Decoration Trends
Author: Reenu Verma
14. Setting Up An Art Studio With These Simple Tips
15. Office Space For Rent - Understanding Blend And Extend Office Leases