ALL >> Art >> View Article
Tips To Help You Nail Alaska Photography
Total Articles: 1
Overcoming the Lighting Challenge
You will fall in love with Alaska lighting, with sunshine bouncing off the water, ice, and lush leaves. Sometimes, however, lighting can be quite tricky, especially if you are trying to photograph ice-covered mountainsides or glaciers. As you might already know, glistening snow “tricks” your lens and camera into believing there is lighter than there actually is.
If your equipment comes complete with an exposure compensation meter, overexposing will do the trick. Otherwise, take your exposure readings away from the bright snow.
Use Long-range Lens to Stay at Safe Distance from Wildlife
No matter how majestic and beautiful wild animals are, they can turn your odyssey into a nightmare in a snap. That’s why it is prudent to pack a decent telephoto lens. You will require an 180mm (or longer) lens to bring bears, moose and other grizzlies in closer while staying at a safer distance. If your Alaska photography includes birds and eagles, you might want to bring an even longer lens, perhaps 300mm or longer. To compensate for magnifying lens shake, use shutter speeds inverse to the focal length of your lenses.
Making the Best of the Horizon.
Alaska has an endless horizon which can either accentuate or ruin your picture. When taking pictures of mountain ranges and oceans, keep your horizon level. Also, don’t position the horizon in the middle of the flame; the last thing you want is a static photo. Instead, fill up the frame with what captured your attention -- bet it glaciers, skies, mountains and so forth -- and keep the horizon low.
If your element of interest is river or tundra meandering endlessly, it would be best if you place the horizon high.Hire a local Alaska Photographer.
Alaska has some of the best photographers out there. Of course, you want someone who understands both photography and the Alaska in itself. A great local photographer will take to the best glaciers, mountains, waterfalls and other photogenic locations.
Shoot during the magical hour.
Alaska’s lazy sunsets shower the landscapes with dazzling colors which give off gorgeous photographs. Also, shooting at sunrise will not disappoint.
Life is full of challenges and Peter has been no exception. Peter strong link to the Spirit of the Universe provides him with knowledge and power that leads to some surprising exposures in his many articles. Love of life has led him to do and experience things most would only dream about and shares them with audience. Peter have published many articles on the web with different niche and is being viewed millions times Aircraft Photographer
Art Articles1. How To Know Things You Need To Enquire From Your House Painter?
Author: Olivia William
2. Full-color Printing Service Is A Grand Way To Flourish Any Business In The Market
Author: Rene Navas
3. Hire The Most Experienced Chicago Wedding Videography Service To Receive Quality Wedding Videos!
Author: Eric Dean
4. 5 Things That Make You A Professional Photographer
Author: Vicky Mamoria
5. How Smaller Investment On Signage Can Bring Bigger Results
Author: Alex Dawson
6. 4 Styles Of Corporate Portrait Photography Sydney
Author: Newtown Photography
7. Amazon Product Photography Listing Photos Tips
8. Wedding Coordinators In Tirupur
Author: Kloud oZ
9. Embellish Your House Or Workplace With Magnificent Horse Sculpture
Author: Rutledge Forge
10. Why Printing Technology Is Considered An Instrumental Approach In Advertising
Author: Alex R Dawson
11. Taapsee Secret Engagement | Latest News | Taapsee Updates
12. Structural Modeling Services India: Beneficial For Residential & Commercial Building Remodelling
Author: Amit Patel
13. Get The Best Tabletop Figures Painting From Fernando Enterprises
Author: Fernando Enterprises
14. Doing An Analysis Of Turn Around Time And Price Of Architectural 3d Animation
Author: Dean Roars
15. What Does A Consistent Video Production Company Does?