ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
10 Highly Useful Tips For Php Developer
Total Articles: 2
If you are a rookie developer and looking forward to be a pro developer, then what you need to do is just follow this simple and highly useful tips while doing your practice.
So, here your journey starts with these golden tips…
10. Practice OOP in your code
If still you have not accepted OOP fundas in your coding style, then sustaining in this development field is nearly impossible in this era.
OOP is actually a facility of reusing your already written code whenever you need it, without copying it many times. How can you reuse the code? Using the classes and objects. You can reduce the time and efforts to code by using class in which variables and methods are tied together which will be used frequently in further coding.
The chances of error in your code increases as repetition of code increases. So, it will be easy to detect and solve the errors in your program. In procedural approach, server reads every file on your server in top to bottom manner, which acquire more resources of the server.
In short, OOP is faster, easier, simple to debug, acquires less resources and faster loading approach. So, go OOP, it will change your coding style forever.
9. Be aware while using anything with _once()
What does include() do? – It gives us warning if it fails.
What does require() do? – It kills the script with a fatal error when it fails.
But, include_once() and require_once are very much hard on the server. Simply remember it, usage of these kills your server resources, mainly on huge frameworks. If you will code properly, you won’t even need it.
8. Use Inbuilt fuctions of PHP
If you want to have square root of a number then what should you do?
Either you can create a user-defined function which will perform some manual calculations or you can simply use sqrt() function already available in php. Try to do it in the best way. To know all the functions available, go through the manual and use inbuilt functions whenever you need any functionality, to make your task easier.
7. Use E_ALL openly
COding can be fun for you, but I’m damn sure finding bugs an errors in your program can be tedious task for you.
So, make a habbit of turning error reporting to E_ALL and turn it off only before few seconds of production mode. With this technique, you can pick every small errors that will hazard your code while execution.
6. If you need, get a framework
Rasmus Lerdorf has said thatyou shouldn’t use framework as it is much slower than normal code while running a simple “Hello World” application. But I think as a developer or professional, you are not going to develop “Hello World” program.
Frameworks are efficient when it comes to large projects. One more benefit of using frameworks is you get help in writing code so the basic code is already written. The chances of errors are less when someone has already written a part of your code.
You will have to understand frameworks properly if you want to use the functionalities of it to make your task simpler.
5. Use POST, not GET
I know it is not always possible to use POST but I would recommend you to use POST whenever it is possible. Reason behind recommending POST is simple, GET can be emulated easily. To hack the entire project, all I need to do is add something to the address bar. Though GET is an easier way for pagination and permalink, but while submitting a form, go with POST, as it is safer option.
Please visit: http://www.sxope.in/10-highly-useful-tips-php-developer/
2. Functionality And Provision For Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
3. Join Sap Sd Training For A Prospective Career In It Industry
4. Live Oracle Idm Training | Tutorials
5. Oracle Adf Online Training | Corporate Training
6. 4 Digital Marketing Trends To Follow This Year To Keep Up And Above Your Adversaries
7. All That’s New In Healthcare Information Exchange
Author: Roberto Romello
8. How To Update Your Computer With Latest Updates?
Author: Patricia H. Lyon
9. Etravos - Travel Portal Development / Travel Portal Software Solutions
10. Interested In C++ Or Java?
Author: ponting brown
11. Top 5 Benefits Of Bakery Management System.
12. Progress 4gl, Openedge, Rollbase Application Development Long Island New York|
13. Website Hosting Services Long Island, New York | Pal Software
14. Biometric Software Solution Provider Long Island New York
15. Healthcare Software Solutions Long Island