ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Rustic Dressers : Solutions For Well-organized And Stylish Bedrooms
Total Articles: 41
Who doesn’t like a bedroom that is well stacked and organized? Any bedroom inevitably needs space for storage, especially your clothes, and other items of everyday need. One solution to this is in-built racks or cupboards, and for houses that lack the same, there are dressers. These items of furniture give you the versatile option of keeping your personal space organized, and act as objects which add to the aesthetics of the interiors. One of the most popular kind of dressers these days is the rustic styled dresser. These ones have a simple and unsophisticated beauty that elevates the look and feel of any bedroom.
Types of dressers and the storage options they provide
Dresser is a term that broadly depicts an item of furniture used for storage. It also includes other types of storage solutions including chests and armoires. A typical dresser measures up to the waist, and has a width that is usually larger than the height and depth. It includes anywhere between six and nine drawers for storage needs. A dresser has a long top surface and is ideal for displaying artefacts, pictures, or other objects of interest.
Chests are made up of three or more drawers stacked vertically to offer storage space. Chests, as the name suggests, measure up to chest-height and are usually taller than regular dressers. They are ideal for rooms that have limited floor space, as they provide more vertical storage space than horizontal ones.
Armoires are larger than dressers and chests, and measure around 60 inches in height. They are ideal of storage solutions that involve hanging, and also shelves, and drawers for storing various items. Armoires, owing to their size, are ideal for spacious rooms.
How to select a rustic dresser
Rustic dressers are available ready-made, however if you need one made to your needs and requirements, these can be custom built too. When selecting a dresser for your home, there are few factors that need to be kept in mind.
• The size of the dresser should be such that it is in proportion to the size of the bedroom.
• It should be placed in a location where the cupboard doors can be opened fully and freely without being obstructed, or causing obstruction to surrounding objects.
• The dresser should offer a good storage solution to the items that need to be stored. Ideally, it should include at least 20% extra space for future requirement.
Make your rustic dresser look more interesting
Most rustic dressers are made from wood and come in the typical brown hue. If you wish to make your rustic dressers a one-of-its-kind piece, here are few tips.
• Add some color to your dresser to lend it an interesting and welcoming appeal. For a relaxed style, use white or grey, and for something quirkier, use bright colors such as blue, red, lime etc.
• Lend a contemporary twist to your rustic dresser by adding finishes like distressed, bleached etc. This transforms your piece of furniture into a striking focal point.
• Break the monotony of wood by combining different materials with it. For e.g., use marble or ceramic on the handles, leather and metal on accents, and so on.
• Get creative by adding features to them. A typical example would be to attach wheels to the bottom or handlebars to the side of the dresser.
• Use reclaimed wood like barn wood to bring in a truly countryside appeal.
• Make the interiors of the dressers look beautiful too. Use paint or paper to add color and brightness to the inner surfaces of the drawers. This simple addition transforms them into an interesting focal point.
A rustic dresser is a great solution for bedrooms that do not have in-built storage spaces. These not only provide a place to store your clothes, and other essentials, but also serve as focal points that add to the beauty of your personal space.
FoxDenDecor.com is an eCommerce store offering a unique selection of custom furniture including rustic and reclaimed wood furniture such as bathroom vanities, copper sinks, beds, cabinets, dressers ( FoxDenDecor/Rustic-Dresser ), nightstands, bar stools, and tables handcrafted by skilled artisans. For rustic home décor tips, visit FoxDenDecor/Blog.
Home and Garden Articles1. Different Types Of Automatic Garage Door Openers And Their Safety Measure
Author: Micheal Smith
2. Starting A Gardening Business Franchise In Australia – Pros Or Cons
Author: Phil Maunder
3. Tips To Buy Or Hire Outdoor Heater
Author: Jessie Cooper
4. The Failure Reasons Of Automatic Garage Door
Author: Micheal Smith
5. 4 Amazing Tips For Better Lawn Care
Author: Michael Foley
6. Relocation Made Easy And Safe With Professional Moving Company
Author: Michael Holden
7. 6 Simple Tips To Get The Most Attractive Wooden Floors In Sunderland!
Author: Kevin Elliott
8. Add Excitement In The Space By Bringing Readymade Curtains
Author: Tanvi Gupta
9. Chest Of Drawers: The Perfect Piece Of Furniture For Storage And Decor
Author: Wooden Space
10. Top Kitchen Equipment Exporter
11. Diy Low Cost Cleaning Tips Shared By Best Sydney Apartment Cleaner
Author: Lucas Brown
12. Mosaics In Interior Designs
Author: Emily Stone
13. 5 Cheap Tips By Landscaper’s To Increase Value Of House In Inner West
Author: Ammy Hardson
14. Roof Cleaning – Make Your Home Exterior Beautiful
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. Energy Star Windows - Are They Worth It?
Author: Mary Morris