ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
The Latest Fashions For Home DecorBy Expert Author: Ming Gilstrap
The appearance and atmosphere of your home depend greatly on the flooring you choose. The same goes for your windows. These are important parts of your home design, and you must take your time in deciding what will best suit your tastes, harmonize with the rest of your home, and will prove most cost-effective and durable.
A number of hot new trends can help you make this decision.
First, let us dispense with one of the obvious options for your floor: carpeting. Fewer people are having carpet laid on their floors. Although carpets were all the rage a few decades ago, the disadvantages of getting it seem has overwhelmed the public conscious. Indeed, most people are willing to spend the extra money to pull it up so that they can lay down their own form of hardwood.
However, if you still like the look and feel of carpet on your floor, you should remember 2 things. Purchase carpet that is easy to clean. Second know its exact composition. The wrong combination of materials can actually fill your house with an unpleasant scent.
Hardwood floors are the trendiest types of flooring around these days. Grey and white washes are the tones that are especially popular. They tend to blend in well with rooms filled with light and dark furnishings.
As for your windows, sleek and sparing seems to be the in-thing. Fewer people are going with traditional floral-pattern curtains. More homeowners are opting for high quality pull-up blinds. These are much easier to keep clean. They are also not as overbearing. Traditional curtains tend to dominate any space they are in—especially in smaller rooms and homes. Going with a window covering that is slender, elegant, and compact makes for a more balanced room, allowing the various other furnishings to get their due attention.
The appearance and atmosphere of your home depend greatly on the flooring you choose. The same goes for your windows. These are important parts of your home design, and you must take your time in deciding what will best suit your tastes, harmonize with the rest of your home, and will prove most cost-effective and durable. http://www.interiors-exteriorscs.com/Colorado-Springs-hardwood-flooring.html
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald