ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
The Latest Fashions For Home Decor
Total Articles: 123
The appearance and atmosphere of your home depend greatly on the flooring you choose. The same goes for your windows. These are important parts of your home design, and you must take your time in deciding what will best suit your tastes, harmonize with the rest of your home, and will prove most cost-effective and durable.
A number of hot new trends can help you make this decision.
First, let us dispense with one of the obvious options for your floor: carpeting. Fewer people are having carpet laid on their floors. Although carpets were all the rage a few decades ago, the disadvantages of getting it seem has overwhelmed the public conscious. Indeed, most people are willing to spend the extra money to pull it up so that they can lay down their own form of hardwood.
However, if you still like the look and feel of carpet on your floor, you should remember 2 things. Purchase carpet that is easy to clean. Second know its exact composition. The wrong combination of materials can actually fill your house with an unpleasant scent.
Hardwood floors are the trendiest types of flooring around these days. Grey and white washes are the tones that are especially popular. They tend to blend in well with rooms filled with light and dark furnishings.
As for your windows, sleek and sparing seems to be the in-thing. Fewer people are going with traditional floral-pattern curtains. More homeowners are opting for high quality pull-up blinds. These are much easier to keep clean. They are also not as overbearing. Traditional curtains tend to dominate any space they are in—especially in smaller rooms and homes. Going with a window covering that is slender, elegant, and compact makes for a more balanced room, allowing the various other furnishings to get their due attention.
The appearance and atmosphere of your home depend greatly on the flooring you choose. The same goes for your windows. These are important parts of your home design, and you must take your time in deciding what will best suit your tastes, harmonize with the rest of your home, and will prove most cost-effective and durable. http://www.interiors-exteriorscs.com/Colorado-Springs-hardwood-flooring.html
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi