ALL >> General >> View Article
Green Ivy Publishing Presents Thirteen Years In A Psychiatric Hospital, The New, Eye-opening And RevBy Expert Author: 1888 PressRelease
1888 PressRelease - I began working with Juanita, newly diagnosed with Disassociative Identity Disorder. "The destructive alter immediately closed the space between us and grabbed me around the throat. Because of her diminutive size, I don't think I ever felt threatened, but I was nevertheless scared by the appearance of this apparition I didn't go away, I remained steadfast."
In her new book, Thirteen Years in a Psychiatric Hospital, author Lorraine Limero allows readers to step through the locked doors of psychiatry and meet the disenfranchised, the depressed and suicidal, the psychotic - all individuals bruised by life.
Limero entered the world of Psychology because she was grieved by the spate of suicides among high school students in her community. Juxtaposed to this horrible loss was a deep yearning inside to make more of her life. She wanted to utilize her qualities of compassion and tenderness to reach the disenfranchised and beleaguered, believing that everyone has a spark of the Divine.
Limero is convinced that healthy communication was endemic to supportive and responsive families. She has concluded that the definition of "family" has been altered dramatically over recent generations so that support is often given by those who are neither relatives nor friends. Families rarely remain in insulated communities for their lifetimes. Noticing a chasm where there once was connection, Limero was eager to provide emotional ballast to the mentally ill who are scorned and shunned by the very people who should provide them love.
There are many myths engendered by those who neither understand nor acknowledge mental illness as a physical malady. The very words that describe sufferers are highly pathologizing, as if this population was "bad" vs. "ill." Her desire in writing this text is to demystify the process of treatment and recovery.
For more information regarding Thirteen Years in a Psychiatric Hospital, or author Lorraine Limero, please contact Green Ivy Publishing.
General Articles1. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
2. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
3. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
4. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas
5. What's The Difference Between Water Purification And Water Filtration?
Author: Ring Hot Water
6. Enjoy Pattaya Golf Course On Thailand Golf Tour
Author: Hanah Chen
7. Seeking Online Success - Hire Social Media Advertising Agency
8. Why Are Water Jets So Important?
Author: Colin Sponias
9. Cheap T-shirt Printing As Per Your Desire
Author: parveen kumar
10. What Are The Benefits Of Different Types Of Fans?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
11. What You Don’t Know About Tiki Bars?
Author: Scott McCauley
12. Ethical Link Building Strategies Without The Seo Risks
Author: Swadesh Das
13. Advanced Travel Trends To Anticipate For In Year 2017
Author: Kundan Sharma
14. Visa For New Zealand
15. Get The Right Shape Of Your Need From The Cut And Sew Manufacturers
Author: parveen kumar