ALL >> Education >> View Article
Exploring The Facilities That Can Be Enjoyed By Pursuers Of Higher Studies In The Czech Republic
Total Articles: 25
This article would highlight the curriculum and structure, the degrees provided, the organisation and the various modes of instruction and evaluation in the higher studies. But first we shall go for the basic requirements and formalities about studying in the Czech Republic.
Standard procedure and time period for submission of application forms
Students can apply for several courses all at once but each of the respective universities and institutes have to be applied to separately. The deadline for submitting the forms is end of February or March. Most of the institutes allow the students to file their application in the electronic form.
Affordable tuition fees and cost of living
Depending on the faculty, the tuition fee varies from 3000 EUR to 12000 EUR per month. Accommodation and food together can take up an amount of 500 EUR per month and for the daily transport one has to spend about 6 EUR per month.
1. In order to qualify for any of the Czech universities, one needs to complete the secondary education [equivalent to Czech `maturita’ ( A-level)] A bachelor’s degree is required for a master’s and a master’s degree for a doctoral study.
2. The mode of evaluation varies from university to university. At some it is in the written form while others judge the students on the basis of marks in their previous exam. Some again simply accept the result of the National Comparative exams, held six times a year in some cities and towns of the Czech and Slovak Republic. There is also a second round of exam and occasionally a third one too for the students who fail to qualify in the first shot.
3. Some universities also provide preparatory courses for the aspiring candidates.
4. The artistically- oriented schools judge students through three rounds of admission proceedings .Either the students are asked to talk about their work or they are given to work on a project on the spot.
All the students are advised to collect information about the various scholarships offered by the Czech universities.
Visa and Passport
The students also need to enquire after the enrolment for the long-term residence permit or VISA (for Non EU/EFTA students), passport and the personal identification number not leaving out the formalities needed to get the international agreement for the Czech Republic signed.
Having done with the requirements and formalities, we will now talk about the flexible structure of higher studies that encourage innumerable aspirants to move over to the Czech Republic for further studies.
Since 2001 the higher education in Czech has been following a three structure in both university and non-university type of education.
A. Bachelor’s degree-3-4 years
B. Master’s degree- 3 years, 4-6 years for students who did not take the Bachelor’s degree
C. Doctoral Degree- 3-4 years
All the above programmes stress the acquisition and application of theoretical knowledge in the practical field, research and development of the creative faculties.
The curriculum is designed by the Accreditation commission and approved by the Ministry of education, youth and sports. One has to study one or two foreign language. These languages may even become the medium of instruction if and when faculties are available.
As for the organisation the academic period is divided into two periods-
TEACHING PERIOD- Mid-September-mid-February (winter semester)
Mid-February - mid-May (spring semester)
EXAMINATION PERIOD- Jan-mid May (winter semester)
Mid-May –end of June (spring semester)
The mode of instruction is in the form of lectures, seminars, exercises and lab practise. The students are free to use teaching aids of their choice according to their financial status due to the autonomous system that exists in the educational system. A doctoral study however proceeds according to an individual study plan under the guidance of a supervisor.
Mode of assessment
The evaluation takes place through constant monitoring of the study-subject, assessment and equivalency test using the European Credit Transfer System. In case of failure there is arrangement for re-exam and the repetition of a whole year. If necessary the change of a study programme or a certain field is also permitted. Completion of a course is marked by a state-level exam and the presentation of a thesis publishing which is mandatory in case of a doctoral study.
The non-university bachelor’s programme provides a higher education diploma or a supplement to it on completion. Doctoral degree is not offered here.
Some institutions also provide courses on Master of Business Administration to motivate the managerial skills of students and teach them to solve real-life problems.
The 2004 Amendment to the higher education Act has made the transfer of the professionally-oriented tertiary education to the higher education much easier presently.
Before winding up with everything sounding extremely good and inviting about study in Czech Republic and higher education in Czech Republic ,it would be wise to point out that the English of the teachers and academics is not so strong at all the places. This drawback however would get no scope to affect any candidate if he/she gets well-educated about English-taught courses.
The writer has written quite a few articles related to different types of educational courses and programmes and their prospects in the job- market. The above article speaks about the present prosperity of the Czech Republic and tries to chart out the various advantages of pursuing higher education in Czech Republic .The writer hopes that it would serve as a pathfinder for the students aspiring to study there.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away